Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12: What's New in Road to Glory

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    One of the new things that is in-game is called a "Legends Spotlight". If you are having a great game....sometime in the 4th quarter a highlight package will be shown in-between plays.
    Is there intros and some cutscenes.?
    I dont think commentary is in though.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    Is there intros and some cutscenes.?
    I dont think commentary is in though.
    In-game, yes....there are pre-game entrances where the team runs through a banner painted by the students.

It makes playing certain positions not fun because you cant get good realistic stats.
    So can you boost your attributes. So there is a possibilty of being a 95+ OVR player on a bad team
    Yes. Those boosts - as you see in the video - can be utilized not just in games but for the entire week; game and practice. (These boost last for varying lengths. As short as one week, unsure on max length off the top of my head.)

For example, maybe you spend XP to get a Lvl 5 Rarity Boost which bumps your RBs SPD & ACC. Buy it before Practice to improve your performance there and then play that week's game to aid your play which in turn gets you more XP from both.

JB is planning on composing a Q&A with Alex and a write-up and I'll try and toss a few thoughts into that, but the mode had a significant overhaul. Alex is a former walk-on at Auburn (see Kotaku article) and is also a big-time gamer, basing RTG off role-playing games because, in essence, that's what these Be A Pro, My Player, and Superstar Modes are. He's very passionate about the mode (and the game) and has a lot of big ideas for this mode in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    With XP being earned in-game, I would guess that QTR length would need to be locked so someone couldn't earn an unreal amount in one game.

I don't understand though, why punish the whole community? Can they unlock it before the launch since it's a WIP still? I mean I have been a pretty hardcore RTG player the past few years and my biggest complaint was with the 5 minute quarters we can't get realistic stats. Can they change it or do I have to wait another year?

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Boost your attributes meaning? As shown in the video, the game has "packages" that you can unlock to improve your stats where you spend the XP earned in games and practices. Some of the packages last only a single game, while some apply to your full career as a player.

If you get enough XP on the field, then you could definitely unlock enough "packages" to have a good player even if your team isn't as strong.
    I mean if I want to improve Spec Catch, can we improve it
    Is the packages we get limited, position specific, or more on one position but not as much on some positions.

Is the packages we get limited, position specific, or more on one position but not as much on some positions.
    The packages you'll be able to "purchase" using your XP earned from practices and games will be tailored specifically to the position you are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    In-game, yes....there are pre-game entrances where the team runs through a banner painted by the students.
    Is it the same banner each tach but different color?
    Is there cutscenes where the coach is talking to our players

They are position based, but each boost improves different sets of ratings. One might boost SPD & ACC, another SPD, AGI, Catch rating, etc.

How is practice for non-QBs and Rbs?
    It was hard to get any positions points for some positions like DB, WR, LB.

One thing to keep in mind as we look at Road to Glory in NCAA Football 12 is that the mode has seen significant changes in terms of the basics of how it is put together this year. Thinking about it solely in terms of how Road to Glory has been before this year might not give you the best idea of how the mode is going to work in the game come July 12th. Things like quarter lengths might have been an issue in past iterations of Road to Glory, for example, but until you see hands-on how the mode works this year it might be worthwhile to hold off on judging too harshly that the mode is limited to 5 minute quarter lengths.

And if the quarter lengths are still problematic after you all have played Road to Glory in NCAA Football 12, then we can bug Alex about it at that point and see what he can do to help.

One thing to keep in mind as we look at Road to Glory in NCAA Football 12 is that the mode has seen significant changes in terms of the basics of how it is put together this year. Thinking about it solely in terms of how Road to Glory has been before this year might not give you the best idea of how the mode is going to work in the game come July 12th. Things like quarter lengths might have been an issue in past iterations of Road to Glory, for example, but until you see hands-on how the mode works this year it might be worthwhile to hold off on judging too harshly that the mode is limited to 5 minute quarter lengths.

And if the quarter lengths are still problematic after you all have played Road to Glory in NCAA Football 12, then we can bug Alex about it at that point and see what he can do to help.
    I love the changes to RTG. It still may be my most played mode in NCAA
    The thing I dont like about 5 min quarters it is not fun for certain positions. I can deal with and have fun at QB, RB, Dline. It is not have at DB or LB, WR. Mainly because you cant get good stats

Yeh I didn't want to sound like the mode turns me off now, it still has MAJOR improvements. But I am one of the few who plays RTG almost more than Dynasty mode and I already know that I will be asking for custom quarter lengths next year. In fact that has to be #1 on the list before any RTG improvements IMO. Imagine if we were limited to 5 minute quarters in Dynasty?

Also wanted to add I know this mode will still be FUN with 5 minute quarters, but it want be as fun with longer quarter lengths.
    Last edited by sparkdawg777; 06-13-2011 at 04:13 PM.

The thing I dont like about 5 min quarters it is not fun for certain positions. I can deal with and have fun at QB, RB, Dline. It is not have at DB or LB, WR. Mainly because you cant get good stats
    I know that there was a focus on making sure that playing positions like DB or LB was fun in Road to Glory in NCAA Football 12. I believe at one of the Community Events everybody was asked to play practices and games using those positions just to make sure that the XP earned looked solid and that it wasn't mind-numbingly boring.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I saw some improvements in terms of earning XP as a MLB during my time with the game. Hopefully the mode has only gotten more improved since we last saw it.

How long will it take to be Captain?
    I dont want it to be quick, but I dont want to wait until senior season either

Well with 5 min Quarters I can play longer HS seasons. Especially DB and LB

I love what the team has done to road to glory my only thing is I can't see how you can leave out the under armour and army game I think that is a big part of the transition from highschool to college

Quote Originally Posted by champ195797 View Post
    I love what the team has done to road to glory my only thing is I can't see how you can leave out the under armour and army game I think that is a big part of the transition from highschool to college
    License rights, for example?

Another thing to keep in mind would be that this is developer Alex Howell's first year working on making Road to Glory an improved experience for those who have played it before as well as for those who might want to give it a try for the first time in NCAA Football 12. A lot of focus was placed on building a solid base and revamping how attributes are boosted, so on and so forth. As the new formula gets established, then we may be able to get more "special items" into Road to Glory to make it even more authentic.

Another thing to keep in mind would be that this is developer Alex Howell's first year working on making Road to Glory an improved experience for those who have played it before as well as for those who might want to give it a try for the first time in NCAA Football 12. A lot of focus was placed on building a solid base and revamping how attributes are boosted, so on and so forth. As the new formula gets established, then we may be able to get more "special items" into Road to Glory to make it even more authentic.
    This is a great first year. I can deal with 5 min quarters. I like the RPG effects. I cant wait until I become captain.

This is a great first year. I can deal with 5 min quarters. I like the RPG effects. I cant wait until I become captain.
    Yeh I'm the same, but if it is possible it would be great if they could unlock the quarter lengths. If not, I can wait I'll still enjoy it.