• Display
    Can we be TE?
    Our we forced to play both sides

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Once you progress far enough through Coach Trust, you can fix it yourself
    Very welcome news

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    How does TB work with TB?
    Can we have Custom Playbook for our HS team?
    Just the look of the team carries over along with the stadium....the roster does not carry over.

Can we be TE?
    Our we forced to play both sides
    TE, I am checking on....

No you're not forced to play both sides.

A lot of the times I had the most fun being an option QB and a MLB.

I don't have a full write-up ready to go--I might work on putting one together later--but let me quickly address some aspects of Road to Glory mode in NCAA Football 12 that make it improved for me from last year.

• For me, one of the more annoying parts of RtG in NCAA Football 11 was having to attend a practice every day; sometimes two practices a day if you wanted to earn extra practice points and forego your school obligations. This really hurt my enjoyment of the mode because it would take about 5 to 6 times as long to practice as it would to play a game each week. This has changed in NCAA Football 12, and now you only have one practice session a week lasting 25 plays. If I recall correctly, having to manage your school life and all of that has been removed as well, so the focus falls solely upon playing football.
    • For people who enjoy Teambuilder, the video has obviously given you good news in that you can import your Teambuilder teams and designs to the game for use in your senior year of high school before you make it to college football. This also means that you don't need to snore your way through senior year playing against cupcakes; based on how you set up your Teambuilder squads, every team can be a Powerhouse or you can set up a realistic up-and-down of talent based on the high schools you played against in your own experience. NOTE: Clarification of how senior season opponent difficulty is handled can now be found in post #34 of this thread.
    • I put a decent amount of time into playing RtG as a middle linebacker and the game seems to do a better job of rewarding you for playing your position even if the play doesn't always come your way. I specifically saw points earned for good zone coverage (and points taken away for bad zone coverage, like when you give up a TD) as well as point rewards/penalties for good and bad man coverage.
    • Choosing schools to focus on when you begin your high school year and then seeing how those schools do or don't get interested in you--as well as seeing which schools jump in unsolicited based on your play--also adds a nice little dynamic to how the game plays out. This should allow the decision of which college to attend to be a bit easier than it has been in the past; some schools will show pronounced interest early on depending how you perform and it'll be a more manageable group to work with.
    • Finally, having the ability to play in "Ironman Mode"--where you play on both offense and defense--is a great idea for people who aren't sure if they want to play O or D; now, based on your performance, your prospects might be better on one side of the ball than they are on the other.

If you have any questions, keep contributing them to this thread and those of us who played RtG at the Community Events will answer what we can. Just be aware that--memories being what they are and the most recent event having been a full month ago--we might not have the best recollection of very small or specific details.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 06-13-2011 at 03:48 PM.

I was wrong....there is no custom quarter length...sorry I swore that was in there, but it isn't.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Can't fuckin' wait! They finally did something to my favorite aspect of sports games. Pretty damn excited to try it out.

Can we select Jerseys in HS and in college?
    Can we wear Alt TB Jerseys in HS

I'm chatting with Alex Howell on Facebook right now (as I will be doing a Q&A with him to hopefully be posted tomorrow or Wednesday) .... but he wanted to make sure to tell you guys:

and please tell the world that we fixed the playcalling for all of RTG

Cannot play TE this year, in the cards for next year possibly.

I was wrong....there is no custom quarter length...sorry I swore that was in there, but it isn't.
    HUGE BUMMER. I am still going to play it, but will affect how long I will play.

Can we select Jerseys in HS and in college?
    Can we wear Alt TB Jerseys in HS
    Pretty sure it is a no on that.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    That's unfortunate. That's a pretty big deal since it's stuck on 5 minute quarters (if I remember correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    That's unfortunate. That's a pretty big deal since it's stuck on 5 minute quarters (if I remember correctly).
    It is a big deal. I had a feeling watching the vid and seeing his stats.

Clarification regarding Teambuilder use in Road to Glory:

• Logos, colors, jerseys, stadiums, and fields can be imported from Teambuilder to Road to Glory for the high school season.
    • Rosters cannot be imported but the difficulty of each team on the schedule can be set for both offense and defense before the senior season begins during the high school section of Road to Glory.

Kudos to development team member Alex Howell for getting these answers back to me so quickly.

With XP being earned in-game, I would guess that QTR length would need to be locked so someone couldn't earn an unreal amount in one game.

Yeah I coulda swore when setting up your player that you had the option to....but then again it's been sometime since I have seen a build, so I had to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    With XP being earned in-game, I would guess that QTR length would need to be locked so someone couldn't earn an unreal amount in one game.
    It makes playing certain positions not fun because you cant get good realistic stats.
    So can you boost your attributes. So there is a possibilty of being a 95+ OVR player on a bad team

Is there any presentation in RTG?

Is there any presentation in RTG?
    One of the new things that is in-game is called a "Legends Spotlight". If you are having a great game....sometime in the 4th quarter a highlight package will be shown in-between plays.

So can you boost your attributes. So there is a possibilty of being a 95+ OVR player on a bad team
    Boost your attributes meaning? As shown in the video, the game has "packages" that you can unlock to improve your stats where you spend the XP earned in games and practices. Some of the packages last only a single game, while some apply to your full career as a player.

If you get enough XP on the field, then you could definitely unlock enough "packages" to have a good player even if your team isn't as strong.