Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Best two Cookie Monster cameos

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Is no one watching Stargate Universe? Fuckin' amazing show.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Is no one watching Stargate Universe? Fuckin' amazing show.
    Yeah, I never got to see the first episodes of it when it first premiered on TV, so I'm waiting until I can see it all from the beginning and work my way up to the newest episodes. But that's good to hear.

It's very much like Battlestar Galactica (the new Sci-Fi remake) in it's feel and tone (mainly because it's a lot alike in their situation - stranded on a ship, scouring for food/growing their own) but a way more interesting story arc. I definitely miss the lighthearted comedy of Stargate: SG1 and Atlantis, but it's still incredibly compelling TV and definitely the best science fiction show on TV right now.

Ah yeah, it's been a while since I've seen any of the SG-1 episodes. Some great comedy in that show. I actually got the entire 10 season dvd set for Christmas one year, so I might just have to start popping some of those dvds in whenever free time comes up in the future and make my way through the series again.

Twitter fail:
    @AtlantaJJ did he look rly hurt? arg! stupid dish network. i'd probably be watching this game (colts) anyway, have tamme and blair.
    @1moreSlonno Official DISH Feed here,caught your Tweet.Would like to resolve this for you.What's taking place? *JB

Yeah ... "stupid dish network" has nothing to do with something you can resolve.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Oh I am fucking stoked.....yes for a PBS show LOL

http://video.pbs.org/video/1681462378/

Has anybody else seen The Pacific? It's the sister series to Band of Brothers, following three marines, all in different regiments of the 1st Marine Division during their various involvement in battles such as Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester, Peleliu, Okinawa and a very little bit of the Battle of Iwo Jima. Being a fan of Band of Brothers, I asked for The Pacific for Christmas and just got done watching it all earlier today and in my opinion, it was damn good. A LOT of action in The Pacific. They were already landing on Guadalcanal within the first 25 minutes of Part One. If you liked Band of Brothers, definitely something to look into.

Anyone planning on watching The Killing on AMC tonight?

Just like with The Walking Dead, Dish Network subscribers are in a free trial for a few weeks. Likely enough to get hooked on the show then lose the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Just like with The Walking Dead, Dish Network subscribers are in a free trial for a few weeks. Likely enough to get hooked on the show then lose the channel.
    I'm DVRing it... will probably wait to hear reactions though before I sit down and watch it (though will eventually either way). For some reason this one can't seem to grab me with their ads... just don't have a lot of hopes for it, similar to Rubicon in that way.

I might check it out. Depends on what it's about (haven't even heard about it).

Something tells me it's just getting buzz because of how well The Walking Dead was....but not sure? I actually hadn't heard of it until CDJ posted that.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Did you watch it? What'd you think? For some reason my DVR didn't pick it up but I imagine it will be replayed at some point this week.

Watched first hour+. I liked it and from I could tell it was very well-received overall. I'll catch the rest this evening.

If any watches Weeds on Showtime, Season 7 kicks off June 27th.

Hopefully they step it up for the last season, the last 2 seasons have been poop.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    If any watches Weeds on Showtime, Season 7 kicks off June 27th.

Hopefully they step it up for the last season, the last 2 seasons have been poop.
    It was downhill after she burnt down their house. Should have just ended it there and called it done (as it was an AMAZING show before they kept going after that).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It was downhill after she burnt down their house. Should have just ended it there and called it done (as it was an AMAZING show before they kept going after that).
    I actually liked it for 1 season after that, when she got mixed up with the Mexican drug lord... well the beginning of that season anyway.