Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Some Nip/Tuck guys have a hand in it too.
    Cool, never got into that one but my wife used to watch it and said it was awesome

JB - don't you have that app that's better than Shazam, see if you can find that Tainted Love song, Shazam won't pick it up

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    JB - don't you have that app that's better than Shazam, see if you can find that Tainted Love song, Shazam won't pick it up
    Soundhound, yep.

I can try it when I get home.

Soundhound doesn't recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Soundhound doesn't recognize it.
    Thanks G

Looks like it's a take on this but this doesn't have words - http://www.amazon.com/Tainted-Love-M.../dp/B000VW5PE8

I gotta get this for the baby to listen to - http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Goes-Hair...76196&sr=301-3

Falling Skies.... Summer 2012???? WTF... 8 months off?

Got to say I was disappointed in the finale

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

I haven't watched it yet. Now I don't know if I even want to. Yet another TV show where it's like, "What's the point?"

It seems completely obvious to me that it's disliked enough to where it won't last long so, even if it does start to get good, it's not gonna last long enough to do anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

I haven't watched it yet. Now I don't know if I even want to. Yet another TV show where it's like, "What's the point?"

It seems completely obvious to me that it's disliked enough to where it won't last long so, even if it does start to get good, it's not gonna last long enough to do anything with it.
    Spoiler: show
    Couple of things. I thought the 1st half of the show was bad, didn't really tell us anything except that Ben is turning into an alien which we already knew. Did care for the fact that they but Weaver on drugs, Everything has been real smooth so far with keeping the units together and now he's going all kamikaze

The 2nd part was little better, but didn't understand the Rick stuff, he's turning into an alien, wants to be one yada yada. But he goes running to find one and there just happens to be that girl right by the school, but they don't attack??? Then when the skitters don't want him he suddenly has emotions and misses his dad????

The whole jamming of the frequency made sense to break communications, but it makes the mecs run and hide, didn't understand this either.

The ending I didn't like either, Tom just says whatever and goes with the aliens?

Probably my biggest gripe is that it's not coming back until Summer of 2012, that's a long break to continue to have buzz about a show

Couple of things. I thought the 1st half of the show was bad, didn't really tell us anything except that Ben is turning into an alien which we already knew. Did care for the fact that they but Weaver on drugs, Everything has been real smooth so far with keeping the units together and now he's going all kamikaze
    I actually enjoyed the internal struggle that they were having. Weaver was always on drugs (you see several times him taking pills out of a bottle) just, now, we know what he was taking and how serious his addiction was, but it was the groundwork for the possible insecurities that anyone outside of military training (like the guy that followed Weaver's orders no matter what) would have with the situation. Lord knows, if the leader of one of the last surviving groups from the attack on Boston was on drugs like that, I would be questioning his judgment as well. Did it seem a bit out of place? Yeah, a little bit, but it set the groundwork for Tom to be more of a leader and less of a follower, which is good considering he's the main character of the show, so far.

The 2nd part was little better, but didn't understand the Rick stuff, he's turning into an alien, wants to be one yada yada. But he goes running to find one and there just happens to be that girl right by the school, but they don't attack??? Then when the skitters don't want him he suddenly has emotions and misses his dad????
    My feel was that, just like the woman in downtown Boston that they ran into in episode 8, the skitters were using him as an information source. A spy basically. The reason why he broke down was, again, in my opinion, because he thought he wanted to be a part of the skitter collective because part of being harnessed is some weird injection of a dopamine-like drug that alters their state of mind (being harnessed is almost like being addicted to a drug). Once he realized that they just used him for knowledge, he realized that the humans were treating him much better and therefore he realized what his father did for him and how much he missed him because of that. The drugging effect of the harness together with the skitters treating the children like their own children leads to them considering the skitter caretaker as their parent instead of their real human part.

Or, at least, that's my tangent on what's been actually explained/shown.

The whole jamming of the frequency made sense to break communications, but it makes the mecs run and hide, didn't understand this either.
    The mecs are piloted by the skitters, who, like Ben and Rick, can hear the transmission and it hurts. Probably hurts them even more considering it's how they communicate with one another.

The ending I didn't like either, Tom just says whatever and goes with the aliens?
    Yeah, it was kinda meh, but it intrigues me. Now I'm very curious where they are going with the show. Hopefully we get much more information about the aliens and a possible idea of what the hell they are building that structure for (besides an obvious landing area for their ships).

Probably my biggest gripe is that it's not coming back until Summer of 2012, that's a long break to continue to have buzz about a show
    Yeah, that's definitely my main issue with the show so far. This big of a break, it totally kills any momentum that they could have possibly had. Makes me think even that much more that it won't last past another season. Any interest that it built up will be lost by the time Summer 2012 rolls around.

If I remember to catch it when Summer 2012 rolls around, I'll probably still watch it though. No point in stopping now, not when it's intriguing enough to have me writing this much about it.

And for those that want to read the above, watch Falling Skies and then read it.

TNT and USA have been decently successful with having shows take breaks between one summer and the next, especially after the first season. So I'm not too worried about that. The finale was satisfactory, to me. Enough questions answered while also having enough stay open.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    TNT and USA have been decently successful with having shows take breaks between one summer and the next, especially after the first season. So I'm not too worried about that. The finale was satisfactory, to me. Enough questions answered while also having enough stay open.

On both things. TNT, USA, and Fox fuckin' suck at new shows being interesting unless they are network ideas during primetime.

I'm loving practically everything USA is running right now, lol.

I'm loving practically everything USA is running right now, lol.
    USA has some very good shows. burn notice is one of my favorites

Burn Notice is high on my list, but I'm so far behind on it that I don't usually watch it. When it ends, I'm planning to just buying the entire series on DVD. Or if I ever get Netflix, then I'll catch up.

Now ... In Plain Sight, White Collar, Covert Affairs and Suits ... all awesome.

I actually enjoyed the internal struggle that they were having. Weaver was always on drugs (you see several times him taking pills out of a bottle) just, now, we know what he was taking and how serious his addiction was, but it was the groundwork for the possible insecurities that anyone outside of military training (like the guy that followed Weaver's orders no matter what) would have with the situation. Lord knows, if the leader of one of the last surviving groups from the attack on Boston was on drugs like that, I would be questioning his judgment as well. Did it seem a bit out of place? Yeah, a little bit, but it set the groundwork for Tom to be more of a leader and less of a follower, which is good considering he's the main character of the show, so far.
    I liked the struggle too, the drugs just seemed out of place. I understand why he was pushing Tom away as he knew Tom would resist. But as in the theme of the show, the drugs were a big issue and then gone.

My feel was that, just like the woman in downtown Boston that they ran into in episode 8, the skitters were using him as an information source. A spy basically. The reason why he broke down was, again, in my opinion, because he thought he wanted to be a part of the skitter collective because part of being harnessed is some weird injection of a dopamine-like drug that alters their state of mind (being harnessed is almost like being addicted to a drug). Once he realized that they just used him for knowledge, he realized that the humans were treating him much better and therefore he realized what his father did for him and how much he missed him because of that. The drugging effect of the harness together with the skitters treating the children like their own children leads to them considering the skitter caretaker as their parent instead of their real human part.

Or, at least, that's my tangent on what's been actually explained/shown.
    See I don't know. From everything that it's leading us to is that the harnessed kids turn into Skitters and Rick and Ben are still going through that process and Rick is further along(since he's climbing on walls and talking like he's one of the Skitters and he's shown no emotion) It just seemed out of place for him to almost "stop" the transformation and start having emotions.

Also he was climbing on a freaking wall and everyone kind of forgot about that

The mecs are piloted by the skitters, who, like Ben and Rick, can hear the transmission and it hurts. Probably hurts them even more considering it's how they communicate with one another.
    Yeah I understand this, but it actually drops Ben to his knees and really hurts him, the Mecs just casually turned around and retreated orderly. If it really bothered them I thought there would be more chaotic retreat

Yeah, it was kinda meh, but it intrigues me. Now I'm very curious where they are going with the show. Hopefully we get much more information about the aliens and a possible idea of what the hell they are building that structure for (besides an obvious landing area for their ships).
    definitely think it could lead to some interesting developments, it was just so anti-climatic... he was just like "yeah sure, I'll go"

Yeah, that's definitely my main issue with the show so far. This big of a break, it totally kills any momentum that they could have possibly had. Makes me think even that much more that it won't last past another season. Any interest that it built up will be lost by the time Summer 2012 rolls around.

If I remember to catch it when Summer 2012 rolls around, I'll probably still watch it though. No point in stopping now, not when it's intriguing enough to have me writing this much about it.
    Overall I'm still happy with the series to start, just thought the way they played things out in the finale was meh

Burn Notice is high on my list, but I'm so far behind on it that I don't usually watch it. When it ends, I'm planning to just buying the entire series on DVD. Or if I ever get Netflix, then I'll catch up.
    Big fan on Burn Notice, unfortunately I don't catch it all the time. Hopefully it goes streaming through Netflix soon.