Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Most definitely. The kid is basically not human anymore anyway. He's constantly referring to everyone else as humans and such.

Yeah, I definitely didn't expect the skitters being humans mutated. It's interesting that Ben isn't being affected like the black kid is (thinking he's part of the skitter collective instead of loose from them and such).

This new alien looks familiar (like I've seen them from something else), but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'm glad that there have been answers to some of my questions so far with the show:

Why are they harnessing the kids? Because they actually become the ground forces for the aliens.
    Why were the harnessed kids gathering scrap metal? Material to build the aliens' home base.

Of course, there are plenty of questions still left, but, that's what makes the show intriguing, the unanswered questions.
    The only thing that I don't understand about the skitters used to be kids, from all accounts it seems like skitters were always around from the beginning of the attacks. Where did the original Skitters come from? The process takes awhile to happen, look at Ben and the other kid. I'm assuming the attacks started happening about 10 months ago(based on the pregnant women who said she got pregnant right before the attacks). The doctor just said that Ben was harnessed for months, we once again where did the original skitters come from?

Tons of questions to be answered, why are they building these structures if like the old lady says they want to eliminate all the people anyway?

I do agree with G though in the fact that they run through story lines too quickly, the trading kids thing should have been longer than one episode. What happened to all those people, what did the aliens say when they came back and there were no more kids to trade?

Also glad they brought back the blond girl that got captured, was wondering if they ever were.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    TMZ reports the season premiere of 2 & 1/2 Men will start with Charlie's funeral.
    I guess there's no chance of a comeback....

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    take the money and run starts tomorrow night. 9 pm. sounds interesting to me at least.
    So, this show isn't too bad.

I don't know if it's going to take place in San Francisco every episode, but regardless, they get an hour to hide the briefcase anywhere they want. Then the detectives have 48 hours, using GPS, cell phone records, call logs, etc, to figure out the routes they took, find out who they contacted, and then try and figure out where they hid the briefcase at. Currently, at 9:46pm ET, less than 20 hours remain and they haven't found it yet.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-02-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Take the Money & Run comment...

Oh for fuck's sake.

They just lost out on $100,000 because the one stupid ass brother couldn't take being locked up in a windowless, empty jail cell for 48 hours. He just told the interrogators practically exactly where the damn thing was. The detectives found it with just hours left to go.

If I was his brother, I'd slap the shit out of him when we both got released from jail.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-02-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Good of the "detectives" to use the idiot's fears against him.

Good of the "detectives" to use the idiot's fears against him.
    Well, the interrogators they have to grill and hammer the people, are pretty good.

The recurring cast includes the interrogators: Paul Bishop and Mary Hanlon Stone.

Bishop is a writer and LAPD detective. He has published many books and written many episodes for television. He is currently the supervisor of a sex crimes unit. Stone is a deputy district attorney with the office of the Los Angeles County District Attorney.
    So people trying to lie and throw them off the trail are going to have a hard time with those two across the table.

And doing some research, the locations do change from episode to episode. This first one was in San Francisco, the next one is I have no clue where.

As for tonight's episode, I knew it was going to be the fat ass who would break down and give in. As I saw him start to go more and more mental the longer he sat in that jail cell, and the more Bishop and Stone were grilling his ass, I couldn't stop thinking of Fat Ass from The Shawshank Redemption.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-02-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I always feel sorry for him getting the shit kicked out of him in that...

thanks for ruining it for me, flapjack

I always feel sorry for him getting the shit kicked out of him in that...
    Yeah, I do too.

thanks for ruining it for me, flapjack
    Sorry about that man. I was thinking you would be watching it at the same time I was. I just went back and edited in spoilers to all my posts to keep others from seeing what happened if they haven't watched yet.

i was kiddin. lol no worries dude.

i was kiddin. lol no worries dude.
    Damn you! I thought you were serious. Well, I still leave the spoilers in, as well put in spoilers for future episodes, along the lines of the Falling Skies commentary, to keep from ruining anything for those who have it DVR'd.

I think Rescue Me has run its course, but I still think this last season will be a doozy.

burying the briefcase was too damn obvious

burying the briefcase was too damn obvious
    Agreed. Though they did have the detectives thrown off for most of the time. It wasn't until the one brother talked that they knew they had the right location.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    So, this show isn't too bad.

I don't know if it's going to take place in San Francisco every episode, but regardless, they get an hour to hide the briefcase anywhere they want. Then the detectives have 48 hours, using GPS, cell phone records, call logs, etc, to figure out the routes they took, find out who they contacted, and then try and figure out where they hid the briefcase at. Currently, at 9:46pm ET, less than 20 hours remain and they haven't found it yet.
    Thought about DVR'ing it, but never did.

Thought about DVR'ing it, but never did.
    Yeah, I almost forgot it was even on tonight. It's really pretty decent. How good it can be depends on whether they get decent people to be on the show or end up having a bunch of the top 1% of idiots in the US on the show. If they get good people, who will actually think things through on what they do during their hour, where they hide the briefcase, what steps they take to try and throw the detectives and interrogators off their trail (phone calls, stops made, etc), it could be a really good show.

New show American Horror Story starting up on FX in October, wonder what this will be about.

New show American Horror Story starting up on FX in October, wonder what this will be about.
    Interesting version of Tainted Love playing in that second one.

So Ryan Murphy is doing it, that's cool. From everything that people say Glee is a really good show.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So Ryan Murphy is doing it, that's cool. From everything that people say Glee is a really good show.
    Some Nip/Tuck guys have a hand in it too.