Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1252

Thread: TV Shows Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Did anyone watch Preacher tonight? Good?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I watched a little bit during intermission of the Pens game and recorded it. From what I saw it looked good

Watched Preacher. Won't watch it again. It's okay but just didn't spark my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Watched Preacher. Won't watch it again. It's okay but just didn't spark my interest.
    That's how I felt, simply watching the promos. I'm not interested.

Hell on Wheels Season 5 begins on Saturday.

Finished Orange is the new Black Season 4. Had it's ups and downs. Strong finish towards the end. Still can't stand Piper. The frizzy redhead Nicky is my star of the show. Sadly you do not get her back till midseason. Pennsatucky a close second. Lori Petty's charter grated on the nerves the whole season, along with Mr. Healy.

Overall one of the better seasons thanks to the second half.

USA put out hour one of the two-part Mr. Robot premiere for tonight only. Anyone else watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    USA put out hour one of the two-part Mr. Robot premiere for tonight only. Anyone else watch it?
    Wait. There is a season 2?

Spoiler: show
    Elliot is really his sister who loves to make out with the mirror. Angela just so happens to be the president of Evil Corp and was behind killing her mom. Tyrell is actually Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. Yeah, I am one of the few who did not care for it. Enjoyed the pilot but it seemed to go downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    If you missed it, you can watch it here... fsociety 'hacks' the feed at around the 24 minute mark. I can't link to the URL without the forum trying to embed it and Vimeo won't let me embed it so you'll have to copy & paste the URL.
    https://vimeo.com/174148258
    Last edited by gschwendt; 07-11-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Finally got around to finishing season one. Man it was so good.

Was a bummer that Shayla died. I figured they were going to make us think she's dead, but ends up being alive in the trunk. Then they made it even sadder by playing the moment they met in the beginning of the next episode.

So did WhiteRose conspire with the CEO of Evil Corp to help the hack take place, or is he swooping in after the fact?

I was right that Mr. Robot was a figment, but it was really cool how they went back to 1994 to tell a story. Interesting twist that it is his father and Darlene is his sister, but he's so messed up he doesn't remember anything and tries to make out with Darlene

The dude abides.

Interesting theory if you've watched the first episode of season 2. Very spoilery.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Interesting theory if you've watched the first episode of season 2. Very spoilery.

[Mr. Robot]

I would say that theory is probably pretty accurate.

Mental institution is my guess.

I'm not sure what to think of last night's episode. It was great in spots, but I also thought in others it was the worst of the series.

- There's some transition going on in this episode to add Ray & Dominique to the plotline, which - while I think each will be good additions - weren't the smoothest to this particular episode. The Romero death is part of that. Romero was paranoid and cautious at the start of the episode, but he used/kept documents from fsociety to wrap his fragile items? C'mon....

- I never doubted that would be Elliott's stance on religion, but I thought his rant came across as preachy and more directly from Sam Esmail than through the Elliott character. If Esmail is self-aware/honest at all, he will address or have Elliott realize he has decreed himself as God and the center of the universe - hacking E Corp to 'save everyone' - however, it has (to date) only resulted in hurting people and putting his friends/loved ones at risk, including himself. If he truly believes there is no God, he shouldn't be putting himself into that role, otherwise it is extremely hypocritical/delusional.

- The episode reminded me of Breaking Bad with the look they gave the warden/Mr Robot (hat & glasses) and Dominique seemingly now playing the season six role of Hank with the feds now possibly on the trail of fsociety. (I think there will be some twist with the FBI agent, but I haven't formulated a guess on that yet. The longer she goes without looping in the agency, the more likely it is that she's an fsociety admirer, Dark Army, etc.)

In a late scene where Ray & Elliott are talking, did it cut out/get choppy for anyone else? I was unsure if that was a satellite/broadcast issue or intentional.

https://youtu.be/yVcbBwMgEXE

This is LONG overdue. Please go to Oregon!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    https://youtu.be/yVcbBwMgEXE

This is LONG overdue. Please go to Oregon!

Westworld premiered on HBO tonight... definitely shows a lot of promise.
    It's a bit like Assassin's Creed (the futuristic portions) meets Red Dead Redemption.

Last night was a fantastic episode of TWD and I'm hoping to see BCS get off to a good start tonight!

It likes blood and is confused. Assuming BCS is Better Call Saul which is not currently airing new episodes.

24 returns to TV tonight with 24: Legacy. My all-time favorite TV show is finally back! The best damn show on TV from 2001 to 2010 (along with the brief Live Another Day revival in 2014).

Even though it won't be the same without Jack Bauer, I'm still looking forward to this new series. I'm also happy it's going back to its real time format of each episode only being one hour in the day, at least initially as the first four episodes only go up to 4pm. There may be a time jump between episodes later in the season.

American Gods starts today on Amazon Prime or Starz. I'm very curious about this show. They have a decent amount of names in it. I quit reading the book about 1/3 way through because I thought it got too weird but maybe the TV format will do it well. Hopefully watching episode 1 tonight. The first season is 8 episodes.

I'm not sure how much they will deviate from the book or what their plans are. This wasn't a trilogy. It's a single book 560 pages long. For Game of Thrones it was pretty much 100+ pages per episode. So I don't know how they can stretch this book out into multiple seasons unless they veer from the source material.

Well, I just watched the first episode, which was rated R and just over an hour. Much like the book it has cool characters but very weird crap. I will watch the next one but I think I will quit sooner than later.

I have spent the last month or so pretending to be Canadian and binge watched The Trailer Park Boys (everything but the movies and side stuff) and the absolutely incredible Murdoch Mysteries which I am up to season 5 on. Trailer Park Boys was great until they jumped like 500 sharks with the Snoop Dogg and Tom Arnold episodes. Murdoch Mysteries was the big surprise. Great cast that has so far stayed together, with compelling mysteries, legendary inventors and that Crabtree character.

Anybody still watching Mr. Robot? I binge watched the third season to catch up.

I really liked the first season as it had a building plot each week to something larger. However over the last two seasons it feels like it has become like Breaking Bad for the IT world - each week some wild scenario that the main characters escape from. I did enjoy the third season, but the finale (minus the final scene) ended relatively clean so I wonder if there's only a season or two left for the show.