Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN SportsNation: NCAA Football Traditions Tournament

• Facebook
  • Display
    All it boils down to is how many fans of that school care to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    All it boils down to is how many fans of that school care to vote.
    Which is exactly why I hate this massive love of fan popularity vote shit on everything ESPN and EA can think up. Absolutely stupid as hell and a complete waste of time.

Haha I actually voted for Ohio State. Looking at simply from a standpoint of what's included in the game this isn't even close.

Now, the actual real life entrances I'm not sure. Obviously I'm biased but the real life tunnel walk with the video & the music is AMAZING. I have no basis for comparison with Ohio State's but anyone I've ever talked to who's been through a tunnel walk in Lincoln has told me that it's one of the coolest things they've ever witnessed.

All that being said, if ESPN wanted objectivity & not traffic, they would've banned Nebraska fans from these votes a LONG time ago! Probably back when Herbie's head almost exploded when '95 Nebraska was voted the greatest team ever. (Which for the record is entirely legit, that team was incredible!)
    Last edited by Kwizzy; 06-21-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Yeah if it was the full Tunnel Walk, I would definitely have that voted ahead. Just touching the horseshoe...no.

It also doesn't help that people apparently have no damn clue what they're voting for. I saw people in the ESPN comments talking about how Colorado has no business in the same discussion as Michigan because Michigan has so many wins in their history. Or Notre Dame should win it all because they have the toughest SOS and such a massive history and crap like that.

Semifinals:

(1) Notre Dame vs.
    (4) Florida State

(11) Michigan vs.
    (14) Nebraska

Even though I didnt follow this at all and dont plan to.
    I think
    (1) Notre Dame vs.
    (11) Michigan
    for the finals

honestly it has to be fsu . more than any intro in that game that is the one that would take the most detail to do. EA couldn't just make a horse and and a guy with a flaming spear. Every detail from his shirt, head dress, spear had to be exact or it can't be used. the same goes for the real mascot for fsu he has to be approved by the Seminole tribe .

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    honestly it has to be fsu . more than any intro in that game that is the one that would take the most detail to do. EA couldn't just make a horse and and a guy with a flaming spear. Every detail from his shirt, head dress, spear had to be exact or it can't be used. the same goes for the real mascot for fsu he has to be approved by the Seminole tribe .
    I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately we have the dumbasses of the general public that are allowed to vote, who are voting because they think this is about who is the better team/program in the history of college football, and not actually about the physical traditions/pregame stuff of the schools.

Championship Round:

Florida State & Chief Osceola/Renegade vs. Michigan and the Go Blue banner

FSU currently leading 54%-46%.

4 million votes so far? Surely that can't be right.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Freshman
    Sure it can if someone is running a bot!

Yeah... In a half an hour since JHC's post, it's now up to 5.5 million. Definitely botting it up.

Based on the comment section on there, Michigan was the first side to start using bots, then Florida State responded with bots as well.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-06-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Good lord, it's bots galore in that thing. Notre Dame-Florida State semifinal had just shy of 2 million votes, FSU winning 80%-20%, obviously Notre Dame voted straight and didn't use bots. The Michigan-Nebraska semifinal, 20 million votes.

Like I said from the very beginning, this entire thing was a pure joke.

People wondering about how these "traditions" made it in. This is a promotional stunt by EA and ESPN. That's why all the traditions just happen to be team entrances that are in the game and also why it is ending at the same time the game releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndrake View Post
    People wondering about how these "traditions" made it in. This is a promotional stunt by EA and ESPN. That's why all the traditions just happen to be team entrances that are in the game and also why it is ending at the same time the game releases.
    You don't say.

Brilliant!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Sitting at just over 22 million votes right now. Odds on them hitting the same number of votes as there were votes in the last general election last November?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Haha I actually voted for Ohio State. Looking at simply from a standpoint of what's included in the game this isn't even close.

Now, the actual real life entrances I'm not sure. Obviously I'm biased but the real life tunnel walk with the video & the music is AMAZING. I have no basis for comparison with Ohio State's but anyone I've ever talked to who's been through a tunnel walk in Lincoln has told me that it's one of the coolest things they've ever witnessed.

All that being said, if ESPN wanted objectivity & not traffic, they would've banned Nebraska fans from these votes a LONG time ago! Probably back when Herbie's head almost exploded when '95 Nebraska was voted the greatest team ever. (Which for the record is entirely legit, that team was incredible!)
    That team is not in the ballpark of that Canes team. 2001-2002 Miami Huricanes is the best team I have seen with my own eyes, period!