Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Nintendo Wii U Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I never even paid attention to that. Nintendo is behind the times on quite a few things.

Hopefully the game arrives Friday for the kids.
    I'm black and even I think it's a stupid argument. No one plays Mario games for cultural diversity.

True but most main characters are white and guys. I don't spend time worrying about it but I can see where critics are coming from.

True but most main characters are white and guys. I don't spend time worrying about it but I can see where critics are coming from.
    I think it's an silly internet "controversy" created for page views. Once they add a black Italian plumber with matching black Italian princess, that pandering will make us roll our eyes moreso than exclusion.

Not when you can use the Mii and have your character any color you want. I never see where critics are coming from because the progressive, whinny, spoiled, white privileged, twats will cry about anything.

Just look at Gamespot today. Gotta find something to blame every event on. People just can't be crazy anymore. (thanks Chris Rock)

Oh and this has been around for quite some time.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I think it's an silly internet "controversy" created for page views. Once they add a black Italian plumber with matching black Italian princess, that pandering will make us roll our eyes moreso than exclusion.
    Fortunately we have cosplay to see what the results might yield.

David Alan Grier's career has really spiraled to the bottom.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-28-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Really? After this review, you are going to get this game.

After 30 years there are still zero Mario characters of color, a problem that Mario Kart 8 highlights by lining up all the characters on a single screen. When it comes to human characters, Mario Kart 8 is overwhelmingly white. Of the 29 drivers, 14 are human (including Toad and Toadette), and every single one of them is white. While it’d be atypical of Nintendo to introduce new characters into a Mario Kart game, it’s also where the deficit is the most obvious, and during play I found myself disappointed that Nintendo’s stable of characters so painfully fails to reflect the diversity of its audience.

The dude abides.

haven't picked up Mario Kart 8 yet but it looks pretty good (if you're into that type of game). However, I am surprised that my oldest son hasn't been too interested in picking it up. All he wants to play is minecraft. Anyone have 8 yet???

I've got 8. The kids played a lot this weekend in the car on the way to Toronto and at my sister-in-laws. The tracks do look really nice and are interesting from what I watched. I only did one race myself. It's Mario Kart in HD.

Personally I've never really liked Mario Kart. I greatly preferred ModNation racers. The racing is quicker and it's a challenge more with the track rather than getting shot by other competitors. The kids love it though.

I should add that we downloaded Pikmin 3 and that looks really good. Haven't played it much.

The thing that kills me is that the game pad controller isn't utilized in most of the classic games. I think it could be great with next gen sports games but that isn't going to happen.

Now this sounds cool.

http://appygamer.mobilesrepublic.com...cleid=24630913

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Nintendo Wii U Discussion

I got the Wii version of Punchout and its restaurant quality. It's currently on sale for $10 in the eShop but it goes up to $20 next week. I've been playing it with the Wii remote sideways NES-style as there is no GamePad/Classic Controller (Pro) support. I wrecked the Minor Circuit but things got more difficult by the 2nd dude in the Major Circuit. There's a practice mode to learn the tells of the boxers so you can be better prepared in Career mode. If you liked the original, it's a no-brainer for $10.
    http://youtu.be/BA_PcLyHVuU
    Last edited by souljahbill; 01-25-2015 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I got the Wii version of Punchout and its restaurant quality. It's currently on sale for $10 in the eShop but it goes up to $20 next week. I've been playing it with the Wii remote sideways NES-style as there is no GamePad/Classic Controller (Pro) support. I wrecked the Minor Circuit but things got more difficult by the 2nd dude in the Major Circuit. There's a practice mode to learn the tells of the boxers so you can be better prepared in Career mode. If you liked the original, it's a no-brainer for $10.
    http://youtu.be/BA_PcLyHVuU
    I love the backwards capatability of the WiiU and I appreciate how many games they re-master. The fatal flaw of the system for me however is the controller scheme. While I find the gamepad very good, it's all of the other issues (game using nuchucks for two player, games that lack the pro controller scheme, etc.). It really is crazy.

On another topic... right now the kids are on a Super Smash bros fix. The game is a lot of fun... IF you have several people to play against. Singly player not so much but a group of people and it's pretty fun.

I still have 4 Wii remotes and 2 nunchucks from the Wii days so the controller stuff is probably less of an issue for me than for y'all. I still have 4 GameCube controllers from my GameCube days so I'm definitely good on controllers.

My favorite part about SSB is the music. Sooooooooo many fantastic tracks. When my wife makes me clean up the living room, I turn the game on, go to the sound test and put it on shuffle. There aren't too many skips for me.

Some of my favorites:
    Stickerbush Symphony (Donkey Kong Country)
    http://youtu.be/7Mj3CqW75uQ

Champions Road (Super Mario 3D World)
    http://youtu.be/f9NJ70g31rI

Ending Theme (Yoshi's Story)
    http://youtu.be/K7mKWRjmsug

Id (Purpose) (Fire Emblem)
    http://youtu.be/683q5ETJpMA

Animal Crossing (Title) (Animal Crossing)
    http://youtu.be/i3nobz3a_DQ

Bought Hyrule Warriors Saturday. Game is way more fun than I expected. I bought a Link Amiibo also to unlock the Spinner weapon from Twilight Princess.[

Hyrule interested me. That's a 1 player only game right?

The kids just got Tomodachi Life on the 3DS. They love it. I know Animal Crossing (never played) gets better reviews but for kids that are 10 and soon to be 8 they love it.

Hyrule interested me. That's a 1 player only game right?

The kids just got Tomodachi Life on the 3DS. They love it. I know Animal Crossing (never played) gets better reviews but for kids that are 10 and soon to be 8 they love it.
    It's actually 2 players. Player 1 plays on the touchscreen while player 2 can use nunchuck+wiimote or the Classic Controller Pro.

Is the Wii U worth picking up over the ps vita? I've been wanting a new portable system for a while now but also torn between the wii u since it has a tone of games and Mario fun games and like you guys a lot of retro games too..

What do u guys think ?

Is it worth getting? Absolutely! Over a Vita? Only you can make that call.