Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Nintendo Wii U Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Is it worth getting? Absolutely! Over a Vita? Only you can make that call.
    I know i'm having a hard time with it. I really want the vita to have something on the road but also the Wii U would be nice to have a home too just the fact the mario games etc and wii games. Gf like those kind of games/system. But I dunno torn on the too system to get next. The vita does lack in game libary but would be getting it mostly for mlb the show .. sucks I'd have to downgrade to madden 13 tho . oh well. .

Why not just get a 3Ds instead of either? It had most of the Wii u library and is portable with far more support and games than the Vita.

Depends on what you want to play. If you want to play all of the indy titles that are on PS4, then Vita is for you. If you want to play the Nintendo titles, then get a 3DS. Basically comes down to what you want to play.
    The dude abides.

Ya I'm not intio the 3ds really. The game libary is huge i admit but not my system I'd rather take the graphics on the vita nd mlb the show .

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Ya I'm not intio the 3ds really. The game libary is huge i admit but not my system I'd rather take the graphics on the vita nd mlb the show .
    Like I said, a Wii U is worth buying. At this point, you'll never be able to play all the good games on it and there are more to come. The GamePad is probably the most underappreciated controller in gaming history. There aren't a million killer apps on it but it does a bunch of little things really well that you have to experience.

I simply cannot recommend the wii u to people. It's a good party system but largely a dust collector. Get it cheap or don't buy it. I don't see a good reason to have both a 3ds and wii u.

Just got Mario party 10 for the kids on wii u and I am bored out o my skull. Nintendoland is SO much better. This game already feels like a giant waste of money. I hope it gets better. This system feels expensive at $200. It should be $150 or less.
    Last edited by Rudy; 03-20-2015 at 01:57 PM.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and get Splatoon today. It's been getting good reviews and all the YouTube videos I've watched make it look to be a lot of fun.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and get Splatoon today. It's been getting good reviews and all the YouTube videos I've watched make it look to be a lot of fun.
    Let me know how you like it.
    My son got some birthday money so he purchased a used Wii U. It's actually the 2nd time he's owned one. The first time he had it, he loved it. But after he completed all his games, it collected dust and he only wanted games for the 360.
    But since then, some new games have come out that he really wants. Splatoon is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Let me know how you like it.
    My son got some birthday money so he purchased a used Wii U. It's actually the 2nd time he's owned one. The first time he had it, he loved it. But after he completed all his games, it collected dust and he only wanted games for the 360.
    But since then, some new games have come out that he really wants. Splatoon is one of them.
    Been playing all morning. It's hella fun. Seriously. Way more fun than I anticipated.

I ended up playing damn near all day yesterday. I can't really explain just how fun the game is. It just is. If it looks appealing to you, don't be afraid to take a chance. I don't know everyone's taste so I can't promise you'll like it too but I have no problem saying that there's a good chance you'll enjoy it.

It looks and feels a lot like Plants v. Zombies: Garden Warfare; which is a fun game too.
    The dude abides.

Nintendo Wii U Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It looks and feels a lot like Plants v. Zombies: Garden Warfare; which is a fun game too.
    From what I've seen of that, you're correct. In PvZ, you win by kill count, right? Deathmatch?
    Last edited by souljahbill; 06-01-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Yeah, but there is also co-op.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah, but there is also co-op.
    That's what I figured.

You don't get any points for killing and you don't lose points for getting killed in Splatoon. The goal is to cover as much ground as possible in your color. Whichever team has the highest cover percentage wins. It takes the pressure of being good at killing off of people and allows people who suck at shooters to contribute.

For those with "Splatoon" is there a way to play offline co-op?
    My kids bought the game and it looks like the only way to do that is in the Dojo and it's 1v1.
    Any way they can play with one another, split-screen, against bots, or other people online?
    Otherwise, this game is being returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    For those with "Splatoon" is there a way to play offline co-op?
    My kids bought the game and it looks like the only way to do that is in the Dojo and it's 1v1.
    Any way they can play with one another, split-screen, against bots, or other people online?
    Otherwise, this game is being returned.
    Guess you're returning it because that's the only local co-op mode.

Guess you're returning it because that's the only local co-op mode.
    LOL, yup, already returned.

My kids were super-bummed out. They really wanted that game and were looking forward to playing together.

It's just like Disney Infinity 1.0. Unless you had the same characters, you couldn't play together in any of the story boards.
    We also returned that after an hour.

EDIT: Is there at least an online-coop mode? As in, both can play together against online opponents via splitscreen?

Nope. That doesn't exist either

Nope. That doesn't exist either
    Bummer.

Thanks for the reply!