• Facebook
  • Display

All Systems Go:The Career of Eric Tressel

Game: NCAA 12
    Sliders: TBD
    Rosters: TBD
    School: TBD
    Coaching Position: OC

Starting early so I can go through story lines and etc.

Coach will be Eric Tressel cousin of the recently resigned Jim.

Believe in the vest.
    Last edited by Cody; 05-30-2011 at 10:11 PM.

How would you guys like to layout of the report to be?

Whatever is easiest for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Absolutely. The less time consuming the better because you're more likely to keep with it instead of getting tired of doing everything and quitting barely into it.

Yeah, it seems most of these start with several pages of backstory, school records, history, etc and then, after all that work, whoever is doing it gets burnt out after a few games. Just do what's easy for you, and make sure you don't overburden yourself and have it become a chore that you dread doing.

Yeah steelerfan. That is why I am starting it early so I can spread it out and just post whenever I feel like it.

Chapter One: Welcome to Armageddon

Eric Tressel was the best QB coach in the Big 10. He had been at Michigan for a couple years, as he came in with Rich Rod. He was the one who got Denard Robinson in the spot light. Since the end of the 2010-2011 season, he has been on the hot seat. Michigan fired the University's Head Coach Rich Rodriguez and hired Brady Hoke. Some thought Tressel should have gotten a shot at the job, but instead was informed he had been promoted to assistant OC. Since this past season Tressel has had his name in a lot of discussion for jobs. Rumors are he was offered jobs at IUPUI, EKU, Murray State and Youngstown State. He turned down those offers to stay in the big leagues. YSU had been where his cousion, former Ohio State University Head Coach Jim Tressel coached. Eric had always been a true fan of the Buckeyes and was hoping to take over for his cousin as the offensive play called, but he never go the call.

Recently it had been released that Michigan gave permission for the following universities to interview Tressel:

There has been no reports for which position they will interview Coach Tressel for, but he has recently stated he would like to bring his cousin Jim back to a coaching job. There is no certainty with the recent news of conference Armageddon and the Ohio State penalties. We will see in the upcoming weeks.

You guys can also post your thoughts and where you think I should go.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    You should definitely play where you think you'll enjoy it most. Worst thing you can do is play with a team that you don't like. Then you're just wasting your time with all of this because it won't last.

Well, any idea I was contemplating was giving Ohio State the,"death penalty" and doing CAP's to fill the team.

Are you making a Custom Playbook/Playstyle are you running. IF you are running pass-heavy playbook, then Army and Memphis might be a challenge. I think(not sure) I think Memphis run a One-Back offenses. I plan on starting at Memphis as a OC and my OC will be modeled after my RTG RB.

I am going to run a spread/pass heavy offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I am going to run a spread/pass heavy offense.
    Houston might be the easiest to start out with. Memphis and Army doesnt fit a pass heavy O and will take years to convert and fit pieces to fit.
    So it will be between SMU and BYU, if I was in your situation.
    How Long do you plan to stay at your first job

My ultimate goal is to work up to a BCS conference coach, maybe tOSU

My ultimate goal is to work up to a BCS conference coach, maybe tOSU
    Then BYU will be a good start. They have a great past and tradition

I am also considering creating my OWN offense.

I am also considering creating my OWN offense.
    That is what I am doing. I am create a Run-Heavy Pro-Style offense with some run-heavy formations, 65-70% run. I am picking Memphis because they fit my scheme and I played with them last year

I want a pass heavy 5 wr spread, so I want a Cam Newton protocol at QB

I want a pass heavy 5 wr spread, so I want a Cam Newton protocol at QB
    Will it will be a QB who can scramble.
    It is going to be hard to find Newton-type QBs, Unless there is the abilty to edit recruits. You can find the QB/Player who the abilty but not the size.
    With my Playbook it will require different types of RB. So I will need power backs, speed backs, balanced backs. But I dont want 5'9 195 Power Backs. I was hoping to edit height/weight

May go with Army and work with Steelman