Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 College Football Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    lol that is funny.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Mors - don't shoot the messenger

West Virginia,

Listen, this is hard for us too. When Penn State, scared of commitment and Walt Harris, left us at the altar, you were there to pick up the pieces. You sent all of your mulleted fans to Heinz Field in their hunting gear, and we thought, maybe, just maybe, we could learn to hate again. And then we visited you in Morgantown, and your 8 year olds cussed at us, and your townies harrassed us in the annals of Puskar Stadium, and we fell, head over heels, in hate with you. Your players were thugs and degenerates, your coaches were egomaniacs, senile country bumpkins, and now public drunks. And your fans…oh your fans were 100 times worse. We can’t describe our gratitude for the lengths you went to to give us a hate to believe in again. You gave us some great memories, and we can never thank you enough for 2007.

So, that is what makes this so hard. See…Penn State is back in town. And they want us back. And goshdarnnit, we want them too. We tried to forget them, to move on to a new life, but it’s Penn State. Our hate has always belonged to them. It’s just…it’s just the way things are meant to be. They can spell, and they have all of their teeth, and…I mean we complete each other’s vile insults. They complete us. I’m sorry, West Virginia. I hope this break up can be amicable, and we can remain enemies. Just nothing more than that. I know you Hoopies can’t read this, but thank you for being so understanding. We wish you all the worst.

Sincerely,
    The University of Pittsburgh

(In the Pittsburgh Tribune)

Of course those fuckin' morons in Pittsburgh think Penn State is the better rivalry...

That shit is hilarious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

2 games 4 and 5 years from now isnt that interesting to talk about IMO

What makes it even more fuckin' stupid is WVU's rivalry with Pittsburgh is older than Penn State's (1895 for WVU vs Pitt compared to 1896 for Pitt vs Penn State)! Gotta love that great Pittsburgh education eh? Fuckin' morons.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    What makes it even more fuckin' stupid is WVU's rivalry with Pittsburgh is older than Penn State's (1895 for WVU vs Pitt compared to 1896 for Pitt vs Penn State)! Gotta love that great Pittsburgh education eh? Fuckin' morons.
    in State rivals always trump others

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    in State rivals always trump others
    No.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    No.
    when it applies

WV may have a rivalry with Pitt,

but Pitt has a rivalry with Penn State

when it applies

WV may have a rivalry with Pitt,

but Pitt has a rivalry with Penn State
    That's just silly. WVU has been Pittsburgh's most important rivalry long before the Penn State rivalry stopped. That rivalry hadn't been important since 1982. Whereas the WVU rivalry has been important ever since then and quite a bit before that. Hell, most of the years that Pitt went undefeated or was undefeated until playing Penn State, WVU would play them VERY close in their rivalry game earlier that season or pull of a stunning win.

And that doesn't even mention the rivalry on the basketball side of things, where it's truly one of the better rivalries in the country.

Hell, everyone knows what the Backyard Brawl is, yet the Penn State vs Pittsburgh rivalry is just another instate rivalry.

Hell, everyone knows what the Backyard Brawl is, yet the Penn State vs Pittsburgh rivalry is just another instate rivalry.
    In all honesty, does Penn State-Pittsburgh even have a rivalry name? Because I have not known it to have one. I know all about the Backyard Brawl, but no clue what the rivalry name is for Penn State-Pitt if they have one.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    In all honesty, does Penn State-Pittsburgh even have a rivalry name? Because I have not known it to have one. I know all about the Backyard Brawl, but no clue what the rivalry name is for Penn State-Pitt if they have one.
    They don't have one, hence me saying that Pittsburgh people are stupid to think the rivalry with Penn State is more important.

They don't have one, hence me saying that Pittsburgh people are stupid to think the rivalry with Penn State is more important.
    Agreed.... Pitt thinks PSU is a rival but in all honesty we don't care about Pitt. Do we hate them, yes. Do we like to hear when they lose, yes. But these past years of not playing them has really not been a lose for us, IMO. Pitt sees us as the Big Brother, the school that gets all the press in PA and all the recruits and they hate us for it.

They're not as dumb as you think. The whole point of all of this was to piss off WVU fans. Judging by your reaction, it's a huge success.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    They're not as dumb as you think. The whole point of all of this was to piss off WVU fans. Judging by your reaction, it's a huge success.
    Isn't that 95% of sports media about any team?

you dont need nicknames for in State rivalries, Pride is enough. You dont need golden jugs or Axes or little statues or whatever haha

I would watch a PITT/WVU game in a second. Pen St. vs PITT has zero appeal for me.

you dont need nicknames for in State rivalries, Pride is enough. You dont need golden jugs or Axes or little statues or whatever haha

Sometimes I think you like to just debate things just to be different.

Back to the PSU vs Pitt games, it is a NO WIN SITUATION for PSU. If we win them both, we should have, if we lose one then it's a strike against PSU. I felt this way years ago when we played them and yes lost to them. Don't like it one bit, wish the Miami games would have held up. I much prefer them playing the Hurricanes then the $hitters.