Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: IGN LiveStream of NCAA Football 12 - Video & Recap

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Question for cd guys that I haven't seen asked anywhere yet:

Did any of you try the different speed settings yet? Ben says in the 3rd part video that there are 3 different settings for speed.
    I didn't, but at the same time, those speed settings are also available in NCAA11. That said, I thought the Normal setting played about how I like it.

Some things I notice while watching this gameplay only video:

1: The unusual sliding that we were worried about a couple videos ago with the defense is virtually gone. They slide, but realistically without covering and extra 2 yards.

2: Definite rollout penalty without setting your feet. (a) qb has to take time to square himself. (b) ball either floats or is wide on nearly every rollout pass. Seems like there may be a pocket bonus here, which I like to see. I would be interested in knowing what Mizzou's qb is rated on accuracy.

3: 1:36 of the video, right before the snap, the defense is moving around doing their thing, and then they all pop back to original position. This is a GLITCH. I don't like it! Not one bit. It looks terrible.

4: We were talking about the ball carrier covering too much ground a couple weeks ago or so. I do not see it here. Looks really good, but of course, have to get a really fast guy like Pryor to figure it out I guess.

5: And finally, my take on line play is that they could improve it in 2 parts and mostly in the passing game.

(a)simply by slowing down the O-line's ability in lateral movement. Watch the center at 1:40. He is a primary example of what I'm talking about here. Now there is much less (if any) suctioning, but the linemen move so fast laterally that they are still able to pick up most players. Now this is only when they decide to move.

(b)The realistic thing to implement here is a lineman that knows what he's doing before he does it AND cut down the ground they can cover with each slide step! Like for example most of the time in this game the O-linemen WAIT for the D-lineman to attack, THEN they ultra-quickly react accordingly based on where they should be for the play. This does not allow a true speed rush or inside shoulder attack by the defense at all. The O-line NEEDS to be moving to THEIR spot, and react from there. Perfect example of what I'm talking about here is at 1:47 with both the right AND left tackles. This is why I believe a true pocket has not yet been available in this generation. And good portion of the time the tackles just slide in front of the DE and block them from getting up the field at all, which creates even LESS pocket and is the very reason that there is 5-6 seconds to make a pass.

It is my belief that at least the ultra sliding linemen can be fixed NOW. RIGHT NOW! No animations or anything necessary! There's got to be a code that slows them down, a tweak somewhere. This would allow for at least a little of each problem to be addressed by the drop of Ncaa 12. My hope is that you guys that go to the community event here can at least help them to address this particular issue. I think it would make quite a few people happier here.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I didn't, but at the same time, those speed settings are also available in NCAA11. That said, I thought the Normal setting played about how I like it.
    I tried to play a game on Slow with 9-minute quarters, which is what I do offline on 11. It felt about the same.

Damn i've been missing out on a lot of good coverage, this, gamespot's on the spot video, and the developer chat live stream... I need to keep up with the flow. Especially come May 23rd when they release the stuff about Online Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    The amount of gamers online in rooms are not looking for a sim game they are looking for W's and there lies the difference. Where as in an online dynasty you have players that want a great game without all the cheese and adjust the sliders to help in those areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    People playing online games who only care about Ws will maximize to whatever the game allows. If the game forced them to play more realistically, then they'd play more realistically and have the same amount of fun. But the rest of us would have more fun too. And just because people play ranked games doesn't mean they want arcade football with ineffective pass defense. There are more people who play ranked games but still want a "sim" experience than you realize.
    I tend to agree with psusnoop here. Obviously not all online orientated players are cheap and only want a win at any cost but I would say the majority of them are. I haven't even played ranked matches the past few years because of this tendency. Even the majority of unranked matches I tried to play were like this. Then there the fact that the online in the game does lag or takes a tad bit longer to process a button press so your timing just isn't there. It really effects my ability to throw the ball, make a tackler miss, and user tackle a guy with the ball. When I go online I want a strong connection to my opponent with no lag or delay and I just want a good game, not necessarily sim stats and all that but not cheesy money plays and nano blitzes either.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    With that I do feel sorry for you online only guys, I stopped playing online back in 06 so in my eyes you have been getting jaded for years now online really made my blood pressure rise too much which is why OD was such a god send. lol
    Totally agree. Stopped playing online because it wasn't worth the frustration. I still play vs my friends from time to time but I tend to stick to Online Dynasty and only with people I know because I know how they play and we all agree to how we want it to be. We're still very competitive and the recruiting competition take it to another level, nothing is more satisfying then getting the sought after RB to hard commit to you over another user controlled school.

Online Dynasty is just the shit! The best mode and the sole feature that keeps me coming back to buy the game year after year. In Online Dynasty your games have meaning, even if it is at it's core just for fun. I feel they have more meaning then a typical ranked game anyways. Building your school, keeping them a contender and ranked, winning bowl games, rivalry games, player and position awards for great seasons, and setting school records. It all goes into what makes Online Dynasty great and it's almost got that RPG level of progress to it that is just so addicting. Your making progress in your school's stats, your players are becoming better and then leaving so you gotta recruit new players and develop them. There's just more to it, more depth then just a win or a loss on a ranked online game.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2053/5712370298_3023491569_o.jpg
    This is going to come in handy big time. I still prefer to do everything on the game, besides writing the stories which hardly ever worked for me. I hated seeing "***********************************" as my title and under my screenshots I shared.
    Last edited by Cipher 8; 05-15-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    NCAA '07 on PS2 is definitely the version that I played the most. The year after that I switched to the 360 version of the game, and it hasn't been until NCAA '10 that those games were really even playable.
    If we're going there then I will say 06 on PS2 is MY PERSONAL BEST EVER NCAA! I played it more than any game I have ever owned and probably that will never be eclipsed. I played voer 16 seasons with 06 and played every single game. I still dream of NEXT GEN graphics and 06 features/gameplay.

Will 12 beat 06 for me this year? Probably not but I am looking forward to finding out. The other part of the equation I don't think last gen can ever be beaten by any game only becuase with new technology we raise the bar so, so much with regards to our expectations. The better the game can look, the better we all expect it should play/feel.

For me things like FCS, match-up stick, crowd metre, spring game, heisman show, etc are the features that put the game over the top. When you see them in previous versions you feel a little jaded and the perpetual cycle of "WHY?" begins. Now the feature set this year looks pretty decent thus far. It will be interesting to see how much cloaser we get to a last gen feel.