Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12: Custom Playbooks

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Awesome - all I know is that NCAA '11 was terrible for scrolling through plays.
    If it wasn't for our early feedback last year, it would have been a lot worse. Thankfully a good amount of our suggestions and changes were put in for the playcall last year.

This year, it's much better, it'll just take you a little time to adjust.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I don't believe so.
    Then it's really not a custom playbook then is it? You still have to use the plays that are scripted for the formation, even if they aren't in your playbook.

Any limitations to how many plays per formation you have to choose... low end and high end?
    By default, when you add a formation, you will have all of the plays under that formation checked. From there, you can go in and take out or reorder plays.

If it wasn't for our early feedback last year, it would have been a lot worse. Thankfully a good amount of our suggestions and changes were put in for the playcall last year.

This year, it's much better, it'll just take you a little time to adjust.
    Nice work guys

BTW - can we get a pat myself on the back emoticon for JB

Nice work guys

BTW - can we get a pat myself on the back emoticon for JB
    I'll look for one, maybe I didn't say MY feedback, I said OURS

By default, when you add a formation, you will have all of the plays under that formation checked. From there, you can go in and take out or reorder plays.
    So if I only like one play under Ace Spread Flex, I can have only one play under that formation?

From there, you can go in and take out or reorder plays.
    I must have missed this somewhere but reordering the plays is a very nice feature

Does formation subs work with this

Any limitations to how many plays per formation you have to choose... low end and high end?
    The lowest you can have is 1 play. The highest you can have is all of the plays available in that formation.
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Then it's really not a custom playbook then is it? You still have to use the plays that are scripted for the formation, even if they aren't in your playbook.
    I'm working on getting clarification as to what happens when you add/remove plays that are formation audibles. As well, if you only have four plays in that formation, what happens to the audibles? I'll let you know what kind of response I get.

At least they had enough sense to make them available online as well. Really sweet addition and one I've been waiting for for years. Nice job, EA.

Quote Originally Posted by champ195797 View Post
    Does formation subs work with this
    Yes

I must have missed this somewhere but reordering the plays is a very nice feature
    Yep basically you press and hold down or and then arrow up, down, left, or right as your pressing down or to re-order the plays as you wish.

You can see it in action here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWCM...ailpage#t=192s

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Just got clarification that both the Formation count and the Play count is all dependent on what base playbook you start with. Kwizzy will be able to better answer that in regards to defensive playbooks.

By this do you mean package subs or formation subs? Package subs should be yes (meaning you'll still have all of the same package subs that you have now), formation subs I believe is no but I'm not positive on that one.

Yes. You will still be able to used the linked plays, obviously so long as both plays are in that formation.
    Actually I didn't even think about formation subs. That's a little "odd" that you wouldn't be able to use formation subs after you created a custom playbook.

I was simply referring to the packages where you can go "big" in ace bunch for example (I cannot recall the exact terminology) or in some cases a HB or CB package for the 5th WR in 5 wide sets.

So if I only like one play under Ace Spread Flex, I can have only one play under that formation?
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Actually I didn't even think about formation subs. That's a little "odd" that you wouldn't be able to use formation subs after you created a custom playbook.
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. Yes, you can certianly use formation subs. I thought you were asking was if you customized your formation subs for the default Duke playbook, then created a new playbook based off of Duke, would it carry over your formation subs that you made to the default. The answer to that is no. BUT, yes you can certain use formation subs with your custom playbook.

I know the goal line formation is locked, but can you choose which goal line formation to use? in NCAA 11 there were about 2 or 3 different goal line formations(tight, normal, power I, etc..).

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    I know the goal line formation is locked, but can you choose which goal line formation to use? in NCAA 11 there were about 2 or 3 different goal line formations(tight, normal, power I, etc..).
    No. The only way to choose which goalline formation you wish to use would be to start with that team's base playbook (ie start with Florida to get the Wishbone goalline).

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. Yes, you can certianly use formation subs. I thought you were asking was if you customized your formation subs for the default Duke playbook, then created a new playbook based off of Duke, would it carry over your formation subs that you made to the default. The answer to that is no. BUT, yes you can certain use formation subs with your custom playbook.
    O.K. we are on the same page now.

Just to make sure:

If I take Duke's playbook and they have Ace Bunch with a "Big" Package (that puts a 2nd TE and I think FB) in instead of WR in the bunch that "Package" will also be available to me in my Custom Playbook?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    If I take Duke's playbook and they have Ace Bunch with a "Big" Package (that puts a 2nd TE and I think FB) in instead of WR in the bunch that "Package" will also be available to me in my Custom Playbook?
    Yes, the package subs are universal to that formation so those will carry over when you add that formation to your playbook.