Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12: Custom Playbooks

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Will the playbook you create stick to your profile so no matter what team you play with the playbook will stay or will it go with the team and teams will have mulitple playbooks. For instance lets say my TB uses oklahoma's playbook for base, but I go in and add plays will it be my new user playbook for my TB or will have an option between my base and my Custom playbook
    Yes you can tweak a base playbook like Oklahoma and save it as your own.

Will the playbook you create stick to your profile so no matter what team you play with the playbook will stay or will it go with the team and teams will have mulitple playbooks. For instance lets say my TB uses oklahoma's playbook for base, but I go in and add plays will it be my new user playbook for my TB or will have an option between my base and my Custom playbook
    It will be tied to your profile/console... just like now when you select your playbook (either at the game setup screen or in your dynasty coach's profile), it will just be one of the available options in that list.

That does make me think of one negative... unfortunately there won't be any easy way to share custom playbooks. I'm not sure if you will be able to transfer save files or something between consoles or not but there is no dedicated online sharing like rosters has.

I believe the answer here is that any Custom Playbooks you create will be available to you under that profile when you play. Each team--be it a school on the disc or a TeamBuilder squad--will have their "default" playbook or you can just run with your CP. And, of course, if you want to use another school's on-disc playbook with a different team, you can do that as before.

EDIT: Wonder if JB, Tommy and I just set a new record for answering a single question with three different responses.

thanks guys, great addition. Also on defense did you think having a custom playbook was beneficial. it always seems to me on defense all the plays were the same just different names.

thanks guys, great addition. Also on defense did you think having a custom playbook was beneficial. it always seems to me on defense all the plays were the same just different names.
    I used to feel similar to that about defense, but as you go through the Custom Playbooks I think you'll notice a lot more differences between the plays, even within similar formations. To me, it's definitely a potential learning tool to use and gain a better understanding of what each formation and each play is trying to accomplish on the field. And with CP in the game, you can mess around a lot in practice mode until you find formations and plays you're comfortable with and then quickly go into your playbook and make sure the plays you like are in there.

Between Custom Playbooks and also a bunch of added plays this year on defense, it should provide considerably more variety.

For me, I might like a base defense, but may want to add some of the new 4-2-5 plays into the mix, so that's where I will find it to be beneficial to me.

One of the cool features in Custom Playbooks is the ability to reorder the plays within that formation. The interface and process of doing so were very well done. So if you want your favorite three plays right there when you enter the formation when calling a play...you can.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Can you change formation audibles?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Can you change formation audibles?
    I don't believe so.

My previous questions from the leaked video:

#1 Can we use our custom offensive and defensive playbooks online AND in online dynasties?

Looks like the answer is YES.

#2 How many formations/plays are we limited to for custom offensive/defensive playbooks?

Is the 40/400 # for both offensive and defensive playbooks?

#3 How many custom playbooks can we create?

15 Offensive and 15 Defensive playbooks should keep my multiple personalities in check.

#4 If you chose a specific team's formation do the package options from that formation automatically come to your custom playbook?

Unanswered?

#5 - If we bring over both linked plays from one playboook/formation will they still be linked as plays that set each other up in our Custom playbook?

Unanswered?

Updated the first post with these official numbers straight from EA:

Total plays- The max number is 377, but it varies between 370-377 based on the teams base playbook.

Playbooks- 15 on offense 15 on defense

40 formations total

Can be used in Online Dynasty and ranked/unranked online games

Goalline and Special teams are in each playbook

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    NCAA Football 12 is returning to the "3 plays at a time" display
    I know this isn't about the playbooks or a big deal but -

Are you guys allowed to talk about this? Is it going to be 3 plays displayed or 6(3 on top 3 on the bottom)

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I know this isn't about the playbooks or a big deal but -

Are you guys allowed to talk about this? Is it going to be 3 plays displayed or 6(3 on top 3 on the bottom)
    Yeah I guess I didn't realize that was public yet

3 plays displayed.

I assume we can use this for team builder?

More info: The max number of formations will depend on the playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
    I assume we can use this for team builder?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    It's in both "Play Now" and Custom Playbooks, so I don't think there should be any issue.

The playcall screen essentially looks the same as in NCAA Football 11 except instead of scrolling horizontally, you have 3 plays on-screen and press up or down to see more plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    It's in both "Play Now" and Custom Playbooks, so I don't think there should be any issue.

The playcall screen essentially looks the same as in NCAA Football 11 except instead of scrolling horizontally, you have 3 plays on-screen and press up or down to see more plays.
    Awesome - all I know is that NCAA '11 was terrible for scrolling through plays.

If I remember correctly I think 10 had 6 plays/screen and then depending which row your "cursor" was on you could select any of the plays based on a specified button.

'11 made it extremely difficult especially in user vs user games. I think the scrolling up and down will help but they really need to go back to 6 plays/screen IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Is the 40/400 # for both offensive and defensive playbooks?
    Just got clarification that both the Formation count and the Play count is all dependent on what base playbook you start with. Kwizzy will be able to better answer that in regards to defensive playbooks.

#4 If you chose a specific team's formation do the package options from that formation automatically come to your custom playbook?
    By this do you mean package subs or formation subs? Package subs should be yes (meaning you'll still have all of the same package subs that you have now), formation subs I believe is no but I'm not positive on that one.

#5 - If we bring over both linked plays from one playboook/formation will they still be linked as plays that set each other up in our Custom playbook?
    Yes. You will still be able to used the linked plays, obviously so long as both plays are in that formation.

Any limitations to how many plays per formation you have to choose... low end and high end?