Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Video Highlights New Dives and Bull Rush Animations

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'm sure it does but how often does that happen, especially in the manner shown in the new video.
    Well, being a Rutgers fan, happened to Art Forst about 6-8 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice8181 View Post
    Cutting animations at 42 and 49 seconds look fantastic!
    Those did look good. I'll hold out hope that change of direction won't be as quick as in the past.

I don't like these bull rush animations. One of the problems last year was the abundance of tackles for loss and this was a huge problem for the cpu running the spread-option offense. I want to get away from this engage system where the loser ends up on their back. I can only hope it's implemented properly.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyKirch View Post
    LOL!

LOL!
    I just don't understand how a 6'8 320lb OL can be so weak. He was too slow to play Tackle and too big to play Guard.

Sadly it happens.
    LOL!
    I just don't understand how a 6'8 320lb OL can be so weak. He was too slow to play Tackle and too big to play Guard.

Oh it happens at more places than just Rutgers. I think they took that animation straight from a Duke game.

I like the bull rush too, however I hope they tone it down some, so its not like something that happens like every other play...not realistic...

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Oh it happens at more places than just Rutgers. I think they took that animation straight from a Duke game.
    I stand corrected.

I stand corrected.
    Sad but true. However, I like the rest of you hope that that animation is VERY infrequent perhaps 5 times a game if you are COMPLETELY over matched (Duke @ Oklahoma) and perhaps 1-2 times per game if the teams are even (Duke v. Any JV HS Team)

Perhaps, our Game Changers can enlighten us on how frequently this Bull Rush animation where the o-line gets destroyed happens. Also, I think it would be nice if there was an animation similar to it where the o-lineman and d-lineman both fell to the ground as sort of a draw. I think it will get old quickly if this animation occurs too frequently and 1/2 of your o-line is laying flat on their butts.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    So community day guys, what were your thoughts on this during play now games? Did you notice this happening with much frequency?
    All I can say is that while defensive lineman were over-powered in April, it was almost primarily due to user control. I do not recall any immediate knockdowns from my CPU lineman, and certainly not as common as portrayed in the video.

I did comment in April that I thought d-lineman user control was too easy, and I plan to look at it closely if I return in May.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Sad but true. However, I like the rest of you hope that that animation is VERY infrequent perhaps 5 times a game if you are COMPLETELY over matched (Duke @ Oklahoma) and perhaps 1-2 times per game if the teams are even (Duke v. Any JV HS Team)

Perhaps, our Game Changers can enlighten us on how frequently this Bull Rush animation where the o-line gets destroyed happens.
    I play exclusively with D-Linemen, and I honestly don't remember it happening once. Now, part of that is that I don't use the Bull Rush on the DL Stick, so I may have been making it so it wouldn't happen (since I was trying to Swim/Rip exclusively). Now, the important part of this is that I don't remember seeing a CPU lineman doing it a single time. I'm definitely going to look at it, a lot, if I'm able to go back in May. I plan to spend a lot of time with all aspects of the pass rush.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 05-04-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Thanks guys I remembered all of you said that the DLine was overpowerful but I didn't remember seeing bull rush as the problem. It is nice because it shouldn't been seen often like CLW said.

Looking forward to seeing a liitle more vids of the trench interactions.

The WR stuff is okay, but that DL stuff?

That is absolutely, positively, gang green crotch rot horrible. I'm embarrassed for them. And what makes it even worse is you have a dev sitting there in that video acting like it's awesome. That's TERRIBLE. You'll never see that kind of bullcrap in real life, yet I garuntee you it'll happen multiple times a game. Rutgers had one of the worst offensive lines in the nation last year, so that's not so great of an example. With goods teams, guys get beat because of lazy footwork and getting out techniques, not because they get pushed down on the ground like a three year old.

Somebody really needs to go into that dev team with actual football experience to lead these guys and direct them. That BS animation is shameful.

As AVGN likes to say, "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?"

Last edited by MtneerManiac; 05-04-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    All I can say is that while defensive lineman were over-powered in April, it was almost primarily due to user control. I do not recall any immediate knockdowns from my CPU lineman, and certainly not as common as portrayed in the video.

I did comment in April that I thought d-lineman user control was too easy, and I plan to look at it closely if I return in May.
    That's a tough thing to balance. Sliders can only affect things globally. If it's too easy to rush the passer then you can turn down the pass rush but it may make your cpu teammates useless. Short of another slider for user cpu DL pass rush (extremely doubtful) it will be entirely on the dev team to fine-tune this properly for each difficulty level.

im sorry... there really isnt much of a way to be constructive about the bull rush... if a true kick step animation is done and thats what they base the interaction off of, then honestly, that should not happen but MAYBE MAYBE twice in a whole season... other than that solid spins, good rips/swims are what will get the guy to the QB or a just flat out burner off the edge getting the leverage and pushing the outside shoulder over top of the kick step foot, then and ONLY THEN are you possibly going to see the guy bite the dust...

i hope they keep it in, but i hope they turn the dial WAYYY WAYYY WAYYY down on that...

other than that, im glad to see the diving catches, looks great, and actually i like that they may dive when they dont need to, as sometimes its easy to lose where you are on the field... IT HAPPENS... "if its in the game... its in the game"... (minus the bullrush in the video lol) but i am VERY VERY pleased with everything else so far...

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by MtneerManiac View Post

That is absolutely, positively, gang green crotch rot horrible. I'm embarrassed for them. And what makes it even worse is you have a dev sitting there in that video acting like it's awesome. That's TERRIBLE. You'll never see that kind of bullcrap in real life, yet I garuntee you it'll happen multiple times a game. Rutgers had one of the worst offensive lines in the nation last year, so that's not so great of an example. With goods teams, guys get beat because of lazy footwork and getting out techniques, not because they get pushed down on the ground like a three year old.

Somebody really needs to go into that dev team with actual football experience to lead these guys and direct them. That BS animation is shameful.

Get your head out of your ass. The point of the video is to show that it can happen. Do you expect them to show you 5 hours of footage and you only see it once? I have played the game for 40-60 hours and I don't recall ever seeing it.

And your comment about the dev team is among the most ignorant comments I've ever read here. There are guys on that dev team that could talk circles around you and who have played college football at an extremely high level. Just a week before I was at EA in January, a very high profile OC (NFL and NCAA) was there with their playbook guru. These guys know their shit.

If you don't like the animation, or have concerns about it's implementation, that's fine. If you don't like the way the game plays - fine. But, I for one, will not sit back while you perpetuate that kind of absolute bullshit.

would the bull rush animation be considered one of those animations that would only occur for like a 90+ power move rating? i think its been said on here, that the same thing goes for other ratings too like spectacular catch---once you get to 90+ in that rating, you unlock the elite animations. is that most likely the case here?

Quote Originally Posted by MtneerManiac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Get your head out of your ass. The point of the video is to show that it can happen. Do you expect them to show you 5 hours of footage and you only see it once? I have played the game for 40-60 hours and I don't recall ever seeing it.

And your comment about the dev team is among the most ignorant comments I've ever read here. There are guys on that dev team that could talk circles around you and who have played college football at an extremely high level. Just a week before I was at EA in January, a very high profile OC (NFL and NCAA) was there with their playbook guru. These guys know their shit.

If you don't like the animation, or have concerns about it's implementation, that's fine. If you don't like the way the game plays - fine. But, I for one, will not sit back while you perpetuate that kind of absolute bullshit.

That animation is not terrible at all! As long as the DT has a very high Power Rating, that's a good move! I've seen it MANY times. It won't happen that often hopefully, and hopefully there is an offensive move that combats it from an animation standpoint. But seriously, that's not a terrible move. You guys are overreacting

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

What's worrisome is that there weren't any clips of the defensive lineman bull rushing a blocker and driving him into the backfield. All they showed was the blocker getting totally flattened. That just doesn't happen very often, even with elite linemen. I love the idea of the bull rush, but the blocker should be able to keep his feet most of the time. Yes, he's going to be driven into the backfield (which will likely result in blowing up the play), but at least he's still engaged and giving the QB/RB a chance to make a play. That is a much more frequent, and realistic, scenario. This looks like EA, once again, going way overboard with something. And for those of us that complain about "scripted" outcomes and a lack of organic gameplay, this is exactly what we're talking about.

I will withhold final judgement until we see actual gameplay videos. Until then, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. However, EA is walking dangerous ground here. This not only needs to be tuned correctly, but there needs to be far more animations of the blocker being driven back than animations of the blocker being laid out. Those clips in the video look like something that belongs in NFL Blitz, not a game that touts itself as a football "simulation."

I have no doubt that the devs know football, but for whatever reason, a lot of the physics and fundamentals of the game are not being expressed in this game.

I'm sure it does but how often does that happen, especially in the manner shown in the new video.
    Just because they showed it a couple times in the video doesn't mean it's going to happen all the time in the game. This was highlighting the new animations. Of course they are going to show them in game and it probably took them alot of play throughs to collect that footage. That or they just put the best d-lineman with power moves up against the worst lineman with no stats just to get the animation to happen.

hahahahaahahahahaahaha
    :d:d:d