Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Video Highlights New Dives and Bull Rush Animations

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 12 Video Highlights New Dives and Bull Rush Animations

A new video posted by EA SPORTS showcases newly added animations for dive catches by receivers and bull rush animations by rushers.

Last edited by cdj; 05-04-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Cutting animations at 42 and 49 seconds look fantastic!

Thats not a bull rush thats a push down of a little kid. Bull rush is getting lower than the OL and pushing them back ala Suh. That animation is pure arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Thats not a bull rush thats a push down of a little kid. Bull rush is getting lower than the OL and pushing them back ala Suh. That animation is pure arcade.
    Yeah, I've never really seen linemen pushed down like that. I've seen the opposite of a d-lineman being pancaked but never an o-lineman pushed down on the ground like a child.

yeah, Didnt like that animation at all. And Im not really one to be critical of EA/Tiburon but that animation is pretty bad.

So community day guys, what were your thoughts on this during play now games? Did you notice this happening with much frequency? If so I'm sure it would be able to be tuned in a tuner set.

Also just to get into the matchups, did you see this happening across the board? Kinda like a stud LT getting blown up by an average DE or DT? Or did you feel it was sort of random when it happened?

Another thing, I know most play as a MLB in the game but did anyone try to control the Dline and get this move to happen or try this move via a button? What were the results if timed well verse missing the timing if it was a button?

what team is that in the top picture ?...ok I see its Maryland...helmet is ok..dont know about jersey ?

I like the new shoes
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 05-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    what team is that in the top picture ?
    Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    what team is that in the top picture ?
    That is Maryland I believe

Just beat me to it steelerfan. They do look Sharp. I really like the way the Helmet looks.

I will defer to others as while I was visiting the dive animations were in and worked well but I don't remember seeing the bull rush animation at all so I am unsure as if it was in at that time.

high-medium or low. Does that mean there are only 3 animations ?

No problem OB, understand completely.

I was just sifting around the boards trying to find out if someone asked about pancake blocks by the Offensive lineman. Can anyone say if they noticed in the Play Now games whether there seemed to be any or not? I like many noticed the stats never really showing many thus it was difficult (not impossible) to get a stud Olineman any awards.

one thing people dont like is alot of animations are/seem scripted with EA.

a concern with the dive catches is it happening when you least/dont need it. Need a late TD, your receiver is open and even though he didnt need to, he dives anyway and it kills the play ...?

Snoop, I play DT or DE exclusively (not MLB). I don't remember seeing this move, but I definitely got pancaked from time to time. I'll look out for this in a couple weeks.

I did notice that the user d-line moves (swim etc) were a bit overpowered, but that was in my feedback in April.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Snoop, I play DT or DE exclusively (not MLB). I don't remember seeing this move, but I definitely got pancaked from time to time. I'll look out for this in a couple weeks.

I did notice that the user d-line moves (swim etc) were a bit overpowered, but that was in my feedback in April.
    That is cool about the pancakes. Glad that they are back in the game.

I thought I remembered that about the Dline. I just wasn't sure if they added a button for the Bull Rush or if it triggered automatically.

I didnt see one receiver catch the ball with their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Yeah, I've never really seen linemen pushed down like that. I've seen the opposite of a d-lineman being pancaked but never an o-lineman pushed down on the ground like a child.

Sadly it happens.

I like the pancakes...they don't seem bad at all.

As for the dives...let me save you the suspense. There will be plays where the receiver dives and doesn't need to. I will say though, I've seen this in real life as well. Hopefully it's seldom and not frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyKirch View Post

Sadly it happens.
    I'm sure it does but how often does that happen, especially in the manner shown in the new video.