Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Custom Playbook Setup (Pure Speculation)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU View Post
    I haven't played NCAA 11 in a while now, so I don't know or remember any specific formation names. My idea though, is to have a spread-option playbook w/ shotgun-flex and pistol formations all w/ 3 or 4 wide. I'd like to recruit power backs to play the normal HB position, and scat-backs w/ good hands (or receivers w/ good running skills) to put in the slot. I'll look to run a lot of triple-option w/ the slot guys coming in motion. Basically a flexbone type triple-option attack, but out of the shotgun/pistol where it is easier to pass when I need to. Also like some of the wildcat stuff in Mississippi State's playbook last year, so I'll probably add those as well to use as a change-up and to chew the clock. I used the Bulldog Heavy formation pretty successfully last year for short yardage plays.
    +1 to exactly doing this.

Well.....lol

I really don't know where to start to be honest with mine LOL. I will have to go back and look for plays I liked in ncaa 11 and write the play names and formations to just get the tip of the iceburg on mine. They was so many formations and plays I like but, they will dink and dunked in different playbooks. It was hard to settle on just one. Now we don't have that to worry about! I can't wait!!!!

Wink After thinking.....

I will probably go with alot of shallow cross (X,Y,Z) stuff out of the shotgun. Mixed in with alot of short route passing routes to the slots and dump offs to the RB's and heavy running. Again I will have to go back to my playbook notes from 11 and look at what formations I looked for thoughout the year. Mostly I used Houston, mutiple, TT, FSU, and Run Balance (the one that had the wide Power I)

I don't know if it sad or not that I am already trying to think of a system I want to use to run my offense. Man I should be doing some work.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I don't know if it sad or not that I am already trying to think of a system I want to use to run my offense. Man I should be doing some work.
    Here your a site that I posted on this thread that has idea's of offense systems to run/make in NCAA 12.

Click here to go to my thread

I'm so excited about the possibility to due custom playbooks.
    I guess my offensive playbook will be wide open. I am thinking since I am a spread guy that I will have:

Multiple Sets from the Shotgun:
    5 Wide
    Bunch
    Trips
    2 Back (for running)
    Pistol
    Wildcat
    Doubles (2x2)

Then for those short yardage and eating clock games:
    Power I
    Ace
    Wishbone
    Flexbone

Defensively I want guys to have to try and play a chess match with me. I would love to incorporate formations out of the 4-2-5 Playbook. These can be really big against pass heavy teams when using it right. I am also a fan of the odd stack (3-3-5). We run a lot of these fronts where i coach. Its great against the run. Every Gap is accounted for.

Can a Mod change the name of the thread to Custom Playbooks and Custom Schemes (or something to that extent) in an effort to keep numerous threads from popping up all about custom playbooks. Or can we get a centralized thread on custom playbooks either way. There is no need for tons of threads all relating to custom playbooks.

Lot of sb undercenter sets for me, especially sb trio. For my 2 back sets I really liked the weak close from miami book as well as the I Form close from the Arkansas as well as some others. To compress everything it would probably look like this for

ACE BIG
    SB TRIO
    SB BUNCH
    SB SPREAD
    SB DOUBLES

I FORM PRO
    I FORM TWINS
    STRONG CLOSE (Only if I get a freaking counter to go with off tackle) doesn't matter this set is one of my favorite undercenter pass formations
    WEAK CLOSE
    I FORM CLOSE
    I FORM CLOSE TWINS

SG Y TRIPS
    SG SPREAD
    SG TRIO

Thats really too much Shotgun for me lol

Mine is going to be called The Kitchen Cabinet cuz it will be a mixture of different seasonings and spices For Ace i will have 4wr trips,bunch,bunch swap, double flex, bunch base, wing trio and Tackle over. I will have the Maryland I. I will run Goaline Heavy alot with a dt. I form normal, H tight, Tackle over, and Ytrips. I will have maybe one pistol formation to get the other team panicked or confused every once in a while. Too many too count but i will run goofy looking shotgun formation usually. Also i will run alot of weak i.
    My D is called 1944 cuz i will 95% of the time run 4-4d.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUS 2 BLACK View Post
    Mine is going to be called The Kitchen Cabinet cuz it will be a mixture of different seasonings and spices For Ace i will have 4wr trips,bunch,bunch swap, double flex, bunch base, wing trio and Tackle over. I will have the Maryland I. I will run Goaline Heavy alot with a dt. I form normal, H tight, Tackle over, and Ytrips. I will have maybe one pistol formation to get the other team panicked or confused every once in a while. Too many too count but i will run goofy looking shotgun formation usually. Also i will run alot of weak i.
    My D is called 1944 cuz i will 95% of the time run 4-4d.
    Its been awhile since I have played NCAA, isnt that a offensive play?? Why is the Dt in the game. :rolleyes:

In my mind, my playbook will have a lot of 22 personnel, under center, pistol, and shotgun. After that, I'll probably add some H-Back formations and some Shotgun with offset HB formations.

My playbook will insist of a Run-Heavy Pro-Style offense. I will also have run-heavy formations. I will Run 65+%.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    My playbook will start out as a 4-5 WR Shotgun Air Raid offense (that throws the ball 65% or more) and will be altered at each step of the way as I progress through my two drastically different dynasties that I plan on doing (TB dynasty with Saint Augustus will probably stick to the 4-5 WR setup for the most part until I decide to go differently - my dynasty where I start at a shitty school as a DC and work my way up the ladder will be different because I won't be running an offense at all for the first 7-8 seasons, but, once I do get a HC job, I will definitely be implementing the 4-5 WR Shotgun Air Raid offense and the personnel of the schools offering me a HC job will probably greatly effect my decision of where to go so that I have the best chance of implementing said offense).

I'll continue to run the Flexbone, my custom playbook will probably fleshout defensively, depending on what exactly they added to the 4-2-5.

Defensively KEONTEZ and GARY PATTERSON LOL, both have me intrigued with the 4-2-5. I will be running what U would call a Multiple 40 Defense whuch would include

4-4 for heavy sets
    4-3 normal cover 2 Buc (Tampa 2) as my base
    4-2-5 for my Nickel look for multiple wr packages

The above would be my core

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Man, I'm really gonna have to think about my defensive playbook. I haven't given my custom defensive playbook really all that much thought, besides the fact that I'd really like to stick with the 3-4 defense and it's variations.

Smile Shew lol here it is....

A little too much. I will probably shave it down a bit to get more plays. Mostly for shotgun I will use every formatioin has a offset HB so I can put the dive in my playbook. What do you all think? Of course I will using my huskers!

Ace - Big
    Ace - Big Twins
    Ace - Jumbo Z
    Ace - Jumbo Heavy
    Shotgun - Spread Flex
    Shotgun - Split Twins
    Shotgun - Split Slot
    Shotgun - Split Offset
    Shotgun - Slot F Wing
    Shotgun - 5WR Trey
    Shotgun - Trips Open
    Shotgun - Tight
    Shotgun - Trips TE
    Shotgun - Twin TE Flex
    Shotgun - Twin TE
    Shotgun - Bunch Quads
    I-Form - Normal
    I-Form - Tight
    I-Form - Twins Flex
    I-Form - Y-Trips
    I-Form - Tackle Over
    Pistol - Slot
    Pistol - Weak Slot
    Pistol - Full House Diamond
    Strong I - Tight
    Strong I - Normal
    Strong I - Close
    Strong I - Y-Trips
    Weak I - Close Twins
    Flexbone - Normal
    Wishbone - Wide
    Wishbone - Tight
    Power I - Weak
    Power I - Normal
    Last edited by johntom2000; 06-20-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Until I have the game and able to explore the books, I don't know what formations I'll run. All I know is my offense will be the Pistol again and my defense will be multiple with no 3 lineman formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by johntom2000 View Post
    A little too much. I will probably shave it down a bit to get more plays. Mostly for shotgun I will use every formatioin has a offset HB so I can put the dive in my playbook. What do you all think? Of course I will using my huskers!
    Thats a huge playbook. Did you miss anything? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Until I have the game and able to explore the books, I don't know what formations I'll run. All I know is my offense will be the Pistol again and my defense will be multiple with no 3 lineman formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh another pistoleer. That will more than likely be my base offense (the screens out the pistol are just beautiful), I am thinking of putting some Strong and weak I in the mix, as well has having the 3-4 as my base with some 4-3 concepts. I cant really say for certain what exact plays I will run but thats why I like OD because I can recruit to my hybrid offense and defense and not have to be forced into a situation where I cannot run what I want due to lack of position players.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Thats a huge playbook. Did you miss anything? LOL.

LOL Nah I don't think. I will most likey shave off alot of them formations to be able to add more plays and get down to the formations I really like.