Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Custom Playbook Setup (Pure Speculation)

• Facebook
  • Display
    i sure hope so....i sent em an email last year before the 2010 season started that hawaii was switching to the "kiko". i doubt though, that they'll have our qb at the correct snap depth.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I don't know yet. I'll probably have the Pistol as my base and go from there.
    Ahhh a fellow pistoleer.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i doubt though, that they'll have our qb at the correct snap depth.
    Is there a difference between Pistol and "Kiko"?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Is there a difference between Pistol and "Kiko"?
    nevada's pistol combo of the qb/rb is set at 4 and 7 yards deep....hawaii's kiko is 5 and 8. lol on a list of importance though (1 being the highest), this is like 10 million and 53.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Ahhh a fellow pistoleer.
    I use Nevada's playbook in NCAA 11. It's good running system but it helps my passing a lot too.

Man i could never settle on either playbook Nevada or Indiana, I think I use ball state playbook the most, with Indiana's and Neveda being used equally, because it had more balance to it and some of the passing concepts in the pistol playbook were just terrible took entirely too long to develop. I do love the running concept though.

Man i could never settle on either playbook Nevada or Indiana, I think I use ball state playbook the most, with Indiana's and Neveda being used equally, because it had more balance to it and some of the passing concepts in the pistol playbook were just terrible took entirely too long to develop. I do love the running concept though.
    I didn't know Indiana was a pistol team. I didn't like the generic pistol running plays at all so I went with Nevada figuring they had the only other pistol playbook. I was always a "Pro" style guy but I gave the pistol a chance last year out of pure curiosity. I still can't run the option out of the pistol but I have a handle on everything else.

Its Bern awhile since I stopped playing NCAA due to my disc breaking but I will upload some bids I know I saved it's actually pretty easy once u get the hang of it. I will upload to the pistol thread as to not clog this thread up with vids

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I didn't know Indiana was a pistol team. I didn't like the generic pistol running plays at all so I went with Nevada figuring they had the only other pistol playbook. I was always a "Pro" style guy but I gave the pistol a chance last year out of pure curiosity. I still can't run the option out of the pistol but I have a handle on everything else.
    I really struggle with running out of the Pistol. However, II usually recruit balanced QB's who are a tad slower. Maybe I would be more successful with a scrambler...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I really struggle with running out of the Pistol. However, II usually recruit balanced QB's who are a tad slower. Maybe I would be more successful with a scrambler...
    The Nevada playbook has more powers, counters, and draws then the generic pistol book so I have success running when the line actually blocks (bad blocking and piss poor coverage are the 2 things that upset me when playing).

As far as QBs go, even the scrambling QB's seem too slow to run the option. Well, it's not that they're slow. Their acceleration is slow, giving linemen time to make a play. I may look at athletes more in the future.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 05-01-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Run heavy offense with a big bruising fullback pounding the line... let's call it donkey punch lol
    naaww lets not

I didn't know Indiana was a pistol team. I didn't like the generic pistol running plays at all so I went with Nevada figuring they had the only other pistol playbook.
    Clearly you didn't look at TGT's NCAA Football 11 Playbook Spreadsheet

Nevada, Indiana, Ohio and, of course, the Generic, are all Pistol playbooks. Lots of other teams have some Pistol, and I think a handful have more than just one.

Nevada, Indiana, Ohio and, of course, the Generic, are all Pistol playbooks. Lots of other teams have some Pistol, and I think a handful have more than just one.

Jeff speaks the truth I lived by that spreadsheet, are we going to get it again this year jeff? I don't remember who made the sheet last time.

Nope, I sure didn't.

Ohio St is multiple but their PISTOL (or do they call it Pony???) package is really good. I have considered using it as my base book for NCAA 12.

Jeff speaks the truth I lived by that spreadsheet, are we going to get it again this year jeff? I don't remember who made the sheet last time.
    Tommy made it. I would expect we'll be doing something similar this year.

Lol I don't know anyone's goverment name so who is Tommy?

Lol I don't know anyone's goverment name so who is Tommy?

gschwendt

I haven't played NCAA 11 in a while now, so I don't know or remember any specific formation names. My idea though, is to have a spread-option playbook w/ shotgun-flex and pistol formations all w/ 3 or 4 wide. I'd like to recruit power backs to play the normal HB position, and scat-backs w/ good hands (or receivers w/ good running skills) to put in the slot. I'll look to run a lot of triple-option w/ the slot guys coming in motion. Basically a flexbone type triple-option attack, but out of the shotgun/pistol where it is easier to pass when I need to. Also like some of the wildcat stuff in Mississippi State's playbook last year, so I'll probably add those as well to use as a change-up and to chew the clock. I used the Bulldog Heavy formation pretty successfully last year for short yardage plays.

Guys I will hopefully get a mod to change the name of this thread once the game comes out and then everyone will be able to "truly" post their custom playbooks and show the evolution of those playbooks. I think it will get pretty interesting.