Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

• Facebook
  • Display
    the draft is the draft..it just happens.

I dont get into all the preliminary crap. I dont know who's who. I'll get to know them later on what ever team.

actually,its just an excuse to get together with a few friends tonight

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Peterson is gonna be top 3 most likely and I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina takes him #1 instead of Newton. Peterson is the can't miss player in this draft and pretty much the only one. Carolina would be nuts to take a QB instead of him, but they'll probably take Newton instead and regret it for 4-5 years.

hahahaha they BOOOOO'd the Commissioner !!!!!!!!

You knew they would. If there was someplace taking bets on whether they would or not, I would have bet the entire house on that action.

Carolina should be deregulated (like English Soccer) if they pick Newton #1. I'm no genius and could be proven wrong but Newton just SCREAMS BUST. I'm talking Ryan Leaf/JaMarcus Russell level bust.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Carolina should be deregulated (like English Soccer) if they pick Newton #1. I'm no genius and could be proven wrong but Newton just SCREAMS BUST. I'm talking Ryan Leaf/JaMarcus Russell level bust.
    Hell, he wasn't even in the Top 20 of most mock drafts as of a couple weeks ago, and yet all of a sudden he's a number one pick supposedly.

ESPN is reporting the Pats are looking to trade UP? WTF I'm going to have to check but I believe the Book of Revelation clearly says that is the FINAL sign before the Apocalypse!!!!

LMAO Newton smiling he must be the #1 pick. Some teams just really shock me. I mean Newton put up silly #s in college but the NFL is another Beast.

And what everyone has known for weeks now, Cam Newton is going to Carolina, if you are to go by the celebration just going on by him and his family in the green room.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    And what everyone has known for weeks now, Cam Newton is going to Carolina, if you are to go by the celebration just going on by him and his family in the green room.
    Did I miss something? Did Newton light it up at the combine or something. The kid just strikes me as a great athlete but not particularly sharp and has character issues to boot from what I recall.

And it's official. And in my opinion, a thrown away pick by Carolina. I just don't see Newton as #1 pick worthy. I can a lot more easily see him ending up as a career bench rider/bust than turning into a quarterbacking savior for the Panthers.

And it's official. And in my opinion, a thrown away pick by Carolina. I just don't see Newton as #1 pick worthy. I can a lot more easily see him ending up as a career bench rider/bust than turning into a quarterbacking savior for the Panthers.
    Yep. That #1 pick screams BUST and Carolina will be back picking at #1 again in the very near future.

Broncos already have their pick. Watching live video from the Broncos draft war room, they've already gotten on the phone with their reps at the draft.

Broncos already have their pick. Watching live video from the Broncos draft war room, they've already gotten on the phone with their reps at the draft.
    Von Miller or Peterson would be my pick here.

Von Miller or Peterson would be my pick here.
    Yeah, either of those two would work for me, also possibly Marcell Dareus. It'll be hard to miss with this pick.

Did I miss something? Did Newton light it up at the combine or something. The kid just strikes me as a great athlete but not particularly sharp and has character issues to boot from what I recall.
    Minus the character issues, Blaine Gabbert is the same way. Gabbert did less in college, but somehow he was elevated towards the top by draft 'experts.'

Broncos are taking Von Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Minus the character issues, Blaine Gabbert is the same way. Gabbert did less in college, but somehow he was elevated towards the top by draft 'experts.'
    Yeah QB is WEAK this year. IMHO Mallet has the most potential out of this QB class.

hahah i dont know if everyone saw, but the grades cam newton got were terrible from the crowd...

Bills should trade down here IMHO if they can. Otherwise take Dareous I guess.