Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

• Facebook
  • Display

2011 NFL Draft

Who are you hoping your team picks?

Tonight it looks like Da Bears are going with a boring OL pick....but they may reach for Marvin Austin.

saints pick 24th. we need a DE. possibly a LB. plenty of D line talent in this draft.

I just think Carolina is making a mistake taking newton. He is not worth #1.. i think they should trade down...

Thankfully the Jets don't have any HUGE needs... they just need to return as many players from last year as possible and just improve. Most predict them picking OLB Akeem Ayers from UCLA. I'll be curious what they end up doing with the rest of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by zacattak View Post
    saints pick 24th. we need a DE. possibly a LB. plenty of D line talent in this draft.

I just think Carolina is making a mistake taking newton. He is not worth #1.. i think they should trade down...
    If he was available in the 3rd round I'd still be upset if the Steelers took him. I'm a HUGE seller when it comes to Newton. I loved when Gruden asked him to rattle of a play and he more then a little dumbfounded and just said well I look to the sidelines for a number.

The Panthers should trade down for sure, problem is most teams aren't looking for that #1 overall pick to be honest especially with what you'd have to give up.

Oops forgot who I wanted the Steelers to take. I wouldn't mind that CB from Texas. I think his name is Aaron Williams.

Good chance that Da Bears trade down and don't pick in the 1st round for the 2nd straight year.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    If he was available in the 3rd round I'd still be upset if the Steelers took him. I'm a HUGE seller when it comes to Newton. I loved when Gruden asked him to rattle of a play and he more then a little dumbfounded and just said well I look to the sidelines for a number.

The Panthers should trade down for sure, problem is most teams aren't looking for that #1 overall pick to be honest especially with what you'd have to give up.
    Agreed. bu there are 4 Elite players on the board that could make an impact as a rookie. all have elite probowl potential. and i dont see them not filling those expectations. I would take Peterson, Dareus, Miller, or Green #1. they all deserve it and will be worth it. i ahve a feeling peterson will be the next woodson.

Lots of speculation on what the Steelers will do. Their obvious needs are at OL and CB. The popular pick for them at 31 is, as snoop said, Aaron Williams. There may be a couple of corners on the board there, and Pittsburgh may have a chance to trade down a few slots and still get one. There has been a lot of speculation that the Steelers are looking to move up to get Mike Pouncey. While I'd be all for it, I doubt they're willing to move up that far.

After the 2 biggest needs (and multiple CBs and OL are likely in order), they may be looking for another HB, and more DL depth. An eventual replacement for Casey Hampton needs to be found in the next couple of years, and another DE too.

steelerfan, agreed it would be hard to move up that far. but with 2 pouncey's on the same team. your guaranteed to have them both happy.

Quote Originally Posted by zacattak View Post
    steelerfan, agreed it would be hard to move up that far. but with 2 pouncey's on the same team. your guaranteed to have them both happy.
    And guaranteed to have steelerfan happy too.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    My Skins have so many needs, it's ridiculous. I'm hoping we can trade back and get another 2nd or a 3rd and really clean up on the top half of the draft (which is SUPER deep outside of QB).

Yeah Pouncey is looking to go around the 15th pick area.

I think the Cowboys are getting an OL, but I also think we could use a new corner, such as Prince ______ or even Patrick Peterson, but I don't see him dropping down to #9.

I also have to add that Deion may have had the best draft day outfit ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I think the Cowboys are getting an OL, but I also think we could use a new corner, such as Prince ______ or even Patrick Peterson, but I don't see him dropping down to #9.
    I think Peterson will go in the 5-7 range, Amukamara could go as high as 9, probably 12 to the Lions, some think Amukamara could drop further than that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peterson goes top 4 though. He might be a surprise high pick.

I just need to find "my" NFL team. I really just don't have one. I always want to watch the "best" game every Sunday.

I'm going to TRY to get into the Texans as I am moving to Houston in a few months and will be there for at least the next 4 years. IMHO Houston's offense is pretty good so I would expect them to try to pick up some defensive talent. Perhaps trade up? I see allot of you talking about trading down. I'm personally high on the Miller and Peterson but I'm not sure how high up they'd have to get either guy (likely too costly).

At #11 I'd say the Smith kid from Mizzou; Watt from Wisconsin; Clayborn Iowa at DE make sense to me to go opposite of Williams. Secondary help couldn't hurt either so possibly: Prince from Nebraska or Smith out of Colorado would make some sense as well.
    Last edited by CLW; 04-28-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Texans are always supposed to be that breakthrough team for the past three/four years....but then never follow through.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Texans are always supposed to be that breakthrough team for the past three/four years....but then never follow through.
    Yes I recall drafting Slaton as one of my Fantasy backs 2 seasons ago and being PISSED all year long at them/him. My attempt to find my NFL team will likely fail miserably. For whatever reason (likely player turnover) I just cannot follow one team in ANY of the professional sports.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Peterson goes top 4 though. He might be a surprise high pick.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If he somehow dropped that low, if I was the Cowboys, I would definitely take him.