Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    If Holmgren has played his picks right and stays true to his plan this Cleveland team could be a serious, serious contender in the next 3-5 years. Look out Pittsburgh/Baltimore fans...
    Don't hold your breath. 3-5 years is an eternity in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Somehow I never even noticed that when I replied to Jeff's post earlier.
    I never noticed it when I read it either. Hmmm

If Holmgren has played his picks right and stays true to his plan this Cleveland team could be a serious, serious contender in the next 3-5 years. Look out Pittsburgh/Baltimore fans...
    LOL Cleveland fans have been saying this forever! And 3-5 years is way too long to be hoping for your team to be serious. 1-2 years is what you want. Not 3-5. Contracts expire between 3-5 years.

I'm glad the Lions didn't draft Amukamara ... we have enough bandwagon Lions fans in town here because they drafted Suh.

I still can't believe Pat Devlin went undrafted. I know his stock went down after the Pro Day and Shrine game but 3000+ yards 22 TDs and 3 Int... even if it's Subdivision II or whatever it's called these days. The 3 Ints really stand out to me. Thought someone would have taken a shot late in the draft.

Maybe the Steelers will sign him as a back up to Ben... that would be sweet.

I don't think there is anything to worry about. They may put a decent team out there and make a nice run for one year, but just like the Bengals they won't sustain, not in the AFC Central.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I don't think there is anything to worry about. They may put a decent team out there and make a nice run for one year, but just like the Bengals they won't sustain, not in the AFC Central.
    Pretty much. The Steelers and Ravens have the AFC North on lockdown for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Pretty much. The Steelers and Ravens have the AFC North on lockdown for a while.
    It's all about the coaching...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    It's all about the coaching...
    As well as the front office and ownership (well, ownership in Pittsburgh's case, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Don't hold your breath. 3-5 years is an eternity in the NFL.
    Wow Steeler... a little defensive... perhaps Cleveland is something to worry about Seriously though, if anyone can turn Cleveland around it's Holmgren.

Wow Steeler... a little defensive... perhaps Cleveland is something to worry about Seriously though, if anyone can turn Cleveland around it's Holmgren.
    I think the laundry list of comments after mine shows that their is little belief that Cleveland will be contending soon (note the comments from non-Steelers fans).

Besides, Holmgren claims that the GM called the shots at the draft this year, and furthermore he didn't do all that much in Seattle and he left the Seahawks a mess (with them having the good fortune of the worst division in pro sports).

As well as the front office and ownership (well, ownership in Pittsburgh's case, anyway).
    As well as scouting and draft evaluators.

I think the laundry list of comments after mine shows that their is little belief that Cleveland will be contending soon (note the comments from non-Steelers fans).

Besides, Holmgren claims that the GM called the shots at the draft this year, and furthermore he didn't do all that much in Seattle and he left the Seahawks a mess (with them having the good fortune of the worst division in pro sports).
    Yeah it didn't end well in Seattle but for a time there the Hawks were pretty damn impressive. Holmgren's record is a good one for the most part. His problem is that he stayed too long and the message became stagnant (well that and Hasselbeck...).