Thread: ESPN Video Games: 'Madden 12' scores visual touchdown

• Facebook
  • Display

ESPN Video Games: 'Madden 12' scores visual touchdown

Cheerleaders. Mascots. Team-specific entrances. Grass stains. Flak jackets.

Turn on "Madden NFL 12" for the first time and you'll be stunned by the massive visual upgrade that includes everything from how the lighting on the field makes every uniform pop (and brings out the exact colors) to the way the ball is finally authentically scaled to the player bodies and no longer looks like Drew Brees is throwing a loaf of bread 50-yards downfield.

"When people turn on the game for the first time, I want them to be like, 'Wow, I've never seen that before.," says Mike Young, "Madden NFL 12's" art director. "What we really went for this year was all the stuff everybody has been asking for but had never seen in 'Madden' before. Whether it's the green dot on the quarterback's helmet or the mascots running out onto the field, I think everybody is going to have their own 'wow' moment when they play the game."

First things gamers will see this year are the unique run-out animations for every team.

"For the Seahawks we show everything from the 12th Man flag to the hawk coming out," says Young. "For the Bears, we even have it where the last player out has the flag and runs out into the whole team. The whole thing feels like 'Braveheart' to me how he charges into battle. Then for the Rams, it's cool because Steve Spagnuolo leads his team onto the field. No matter who your favorite team is, we've captured everything just like you see it on Sunday."
    Courtesy: ESPN Video Games

I'm a Rams fan, but playing video game football in a dome is visually boring haha

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    I'm a Rams fan, but playing video game football in a dome is visually boring haha
    Having lived in St. Louis watching real life football in a dome is boring as hell too. If it's in the game....