Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Playbook: Inside Zone Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The programmers and guys in charge of actually putting the code in the game are almost certainly software geeks. But the guys in charge of the decisions, and the ones that head up the gameplay team, have the necessary football knowledge. It certainly blew my level of knowledge away very quickly. They are also very, very passionate about getting things "right".
    yeah... i figured as much, if not before at least now i expect it with the mindset of the new guy taking over and the apologies he sent out last year... im thoroughly excited about everything and no offense to any of the other event guys that were there (and there may be another one besides OB) but its very assuring to me to know that a coach was there to get down and dirty with the ins and outs of the game... it is still my dream to get there some day to be able to help tie the loose ends and i appreciate the stuff you guys do... and i thought i was excited for '11... lol

"E"

Just added another: Breakdown: Inside Zone vs Even Front (link on first post)

I am hoping to have the next two up by the end of the weekend so I can start getting into new inside zone plays that need to be added to the game and a complete breakdown of the inside read and inside read option plays.

Im so happy that you're doing this. What really irks me with the game play is the lack of consistency against certain fronts. I understand players moving around but you cant get the same blocking schemes verse the same static front, EVER. I really hope this gets fixed along with option blocking on the backside.

I just added the inside zone vs the odd front.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I am covering the fronts you see the most of in the game, the great things about the zone rules is that they will basically take care of the rest.

I delivered two notebooks full of hand written information (probably 300 pages total) to EA in January, not sure what will make this year or not.

wow ! would they not already get that from NCAA or NFL people ? it is what they do, after all. Did They respond saying it was info they would consider or use ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    wow ! would they not already get that from NCAA or NFL people ? it is what they do, after all. Did They respond saying it was info they would consider or use ?
    It's information they will use, one of the new offensive plays was a play I gave them.

Just added the inside zone versus the odd stack front.

After looking at the inside zone blocking scheme against the four major defensive fronts I can safely say the worst job was done with the odd stack front with the best probably against the odd front. The Inside Read and Read Option plays are blocked better than thier under center counterparts mainly because the offense is reading the backside end. Their are problems with the blocking scheme throughout all four fronts however the real problem lies with the blocking progressions from the first to second level as routinely the wrong blocker comes off. There needs to be a lot of work done to make the inside zone work as it should which is really a shame considering how often this play is used in modern football from traditional pro-style to spread and spread option teams.

Essentially with this game, I'd like to see implemented a way to adjust blocking schemes for run plays with the same controls we use for slide protect. Being able to cancel pulling lineman when we see an opponent trying to nano blitz through gaps, Canceling double teams and such. Improvements to Pulling Guards assignments to actually make them pull through a hole and block the first linebacker threat would be great.

Looking forward to your work on the Trap Plays.

I've got a little bit to do before I get there. I should have an article up about the defenses reaction to the inside zone up tomorrow, then I will get into under center inside zone plays that need to be added and some of the variations off of them. There will also be a pretty lengthy article on the inside zone read and read option from shotgun, I'll then wrap it up and move on to outside zone. I will pretty much follow the same format for each blcoking scheme.

I have added the Defensive Keys and Run Fits vs the Inside Zone. Next up now that we know what everyone should be doing I will be drawing up plays that utilize the inside zone blocking scheme and need to be added to the game.

Oneback,

Great stuff my man! Now inside zone to me will always be from undercenter NO read but packaged with outside zone or Stretch as its called, along with the zone counter and the PA Passes off of each, that is just the Pro Style coming out of me lol. Nice find buddy

irish

Just added Inside Zone Plays from Under Center

thanks oneback. Love it!

Just added Shotgun Inside Zone Read and Triple Part One

Could you possibly hotlink them in the update for us lazies?

Quote Originally Posted by Keontez View Post
    Could you possibly hotlink them in the update for us lazies?
    It's always one of the tabs across the top of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's always one of the tabs across the top of the site.
    I know, just being difficult.

Oneback, great stuff. I really hope they can add this to the series just to make gameplay more realisitic.

Bang up job, Oneback.