Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 13 - NCAA Football 12 Gameplay & Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display
    just like I said I'm not excited about the news so far besides custom playbook. What's so hard to understand about that? Gameplay changes each year should be the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    What's so hard to understand about that? Gameplay changes each year should be the norm.
    Agreed, and it's perfectly understandable that you feel that way.

What I can figure out from your posts is this: You've said you're not excited about 12. You've said that you're expecting this to be nothing but RtG and presentation. I get all that. But not once have you said what actually would get you excited. So if it's not gameplay (which I thought you had said at least once you didn't expect to see improvement), what is it? I don't mean to harp on you, I'm just trying to figure it out.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

a new feature like Coaching Carousel, the spring game, OT online game, AD mode, something different besides BAM improved gameplay and presentation. I think custom playbooks will be great. I just hope they allow us a lot of flexibility using them . I have pretty much
    hit the nail on the head coming from the blurb posted a few weeks back by gamestop have I not?

my post from a few weeks ago

[I]something tells me coaching carousel will not be in the game, even though we have asked and asked.

I believe we get:
    1. Journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity
    2. All new enhanced in-game presentation.
    3. Something to do with a revamped rivals game (like home field advantage)
    4. 1 Unnamed feature (most likely custom playbook and revamped defense)

something tells me coaching carousel will not be in the game, even though we have asked and asked.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ght=#post45318

Thanks Denz. That's what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    a new feature like Coaching Carousel, the spring game, OT online game, AD mode, something different besides BAM improved gameplay and presentation. I think custom playbooks will be great. I just hope they allow us a lot of flexibility using them . I have pretty much
    hit the nail on the head coming from the blurb posted a few weeks back by gamestop have I not?

my post from a few weeks ago

[I]something tells me coaching carousel will not be in the game, even though we have asked and asked.

I believe we get:
    1. Journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity
    2. All new enhanced in-game presentation.
    3. Something to do with a revamped rivals game (like home field advantage)
    4. 1 Unnamed feature (most likely custom playbook and revamped defense)

something tells me coaching carousel will not be in the game, even though we have asked and asked.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ght=#post45318
    Like I said earlier... when Chase at OS said GENERIC COACHES ON THE SIDELINE... I made up my mind that CC was out for 12.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Like I said earlier... when Chase at OS said GENERIC COACHES ON THE SIDELINE... I made up my mind that CC was out for 12.
    Wouldn't they have to be generic? Don't think EA is going to get permission from 120 coaches to use their likeness. With the lawsuit going on I'm sure they purposely made then look different.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wouldn't they have to be generic? Don't think EA is going to get permission from 120 coaches to use their likeness. With the lawsuit going on I'm sure they purposely made then look different.
    No because the coaches contract for NCAA can be bought and sold and therefore likeness is fine. The issue with the NCAA is player likeness since student athletes cannot recieve financial restitution.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    No because the coaches contract for NCAA can be bought and sold and therefore likeness is fine.
    This is not 100% true. College Hoops 2k8 had DUKE COACH instead of Coach K, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    This is not 100% true. College Hoops 2k8 had DUKE COACH instead of Coach K, for example.
    Right, same issue as Belichik in Madden. My point however is that the license can be bought which covers MOST coaches (eg NCAA BASKETBALL 10).

It's very good to hear about the stat overlays as i should not have to pause the game to see my player stats.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
    It's very good to hear about the stat overlays as i should not have to pause the game to see my player stats.
    I really want to see how frequent these stats will be. Back on PS2 we had great overlays. For example, it was not just attempts/completions but also things like passing charts left side/right side/short/medium/long. I am happy to hear there will be more stats but I will wait to reserve judgement until I see more specifics in-game.