Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 13 - NCAA Football 12 Gameplay & Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 13 - NCAA Football 12 Gameplay & Presentation

In this edition of The Gaming Tailgate Podcast: Tommy and Chris give you all the latest news surrounding NCAA Football 12. This week they get to discuss their hands-on preview of the gameplay and presentation changes after attending the NCAA Football 12 Community Events down at EA SPORTS.

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hp?forumids=39

To submit show feedback or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as:

I thought gschwendt was cool. Then I heard his voice ............

Excellent effort as always gentlemen! I liked hearing about more stat wipe overlays. That has been a pet peeve for me since 07 on last gen.

good job guys, I hate to sound like a sour puss but I'm just not excited about the game this year, Custom Playbooks is a feature that I wanted, tackles are nice and improved zones are great, but presentation and gameplay that EA is pimping is starting to sound broken record by EA. If not
    for the online leagues it would be doubtful if I picked up the game this year. Here's hoping for a nice custom playbook feature that will get me fired up, cause a redone Run for Glory doesn't (if that's whats left).

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    good job guys, I hate to sound like a sour puss but I'm just not excited about the game this year, Custom Playbooks is a feature that I wanted, tackles are nice and improved zones are great, but presentation and gameplay that EA is pimping is starting to sound broken record by EA. If not
    for the online leagues it would be doubtful if I picked up the game this year. Here's hoping for a nice custom playbook feature that will get me fired up, cause a redone Run for Glory doesn't (if that's whats left).
    Lol. Relax. It's not even May 1st and you already think everything is announced? C'mon, Man!!

Okay, this may be a stupid question, but if improved gameplay is a "broken record", what are you looking for this year?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Good job, as always, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Okay, this may be a stupid question, but if improved gameplay is a "broken record", what are you looking for this year?

not so broken improved gameplay ...although a broken PSNetwork kind of trumps that...

;
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Lol. Relax. It's not even May 1st and you already think everything is announced? C'mon, Man!!
    \

Let's talk in code Steeler...

1. Should we be excited like as if we were riding on a CAROUSEL??? Or perhaps we should be excited like ordering from a Food Catering Service???

hey... it's just casual conversation...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    ;\

Let's talk in code Steeler...

1. Should we be excited like as if we were riding on a CAROUSEL??? Or perhaps we should be excited like ordering from a Food Catering Service???

hey... it's just casual conversation...
    You should be excited like an all new Mascot Whimsey Mode.

what the hell is whimsey?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    what the hell is whimsey?
    Noun1.whimsey- an odd or fanciful or capricious idea

2.whimsey- the trait of acting unpredictably and more from whim or caprice than from reason or judgment
    ^

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Obviously that means that there's going to be a feature that no one wanted or asked for OR a feature that no one expected them to have time to put in but is in.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Obviously that means that there's going to be a feature that no one wanted or asked for OR a feature that no one expected them to have time to put in but is in.
    If you read too much into my bullshit, you'll end up more confused than JB at a Tranny bar.

If you read too much into my bullshit, you'll end up more confused than JB at a Tranny bar.
    depends on which restroom you go into...

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    depends on which restroom you go into...
    JB said there's only one.

I'm impressed we've done two Episode 12s.

And that mors managed to get anything "obvious" out of steeler's statement.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'm impressed we've done two Episode 12s.
    It's the same reason that most large buildings don't have a floor between 12 & 14.

You should be excited like an all new Mascot Whimsey Mode.
    Seriously though, if this game doesn't have windsock builder I will lose it. Mixing and matching exisiting windsocks or designing your own custom windsocks from all 120 schools would put this game over the top. And can you imagine if we had access to the colour schemes of FCS windsocks? Wow!!! Yeah I mean people talk about gameplay and authenitc college atmosphere... blah, blah, blah... windsocks get down to the most basic aspect of the college gameday experience. How many times have I kicked and extra point and then have my wife turn to me and ask "why the game doesn't have more windsock combinations?" It's just stupid and downright lazy by the game developers!

Oh man and don't even get me started with mascots. First offf why is the pixilization rate not well over 20 billion? Seriously? WTF??? And enough of this canned animation. I need DYNAMIC MASCOT RIVALRIES. I am so tired of playing LSU season after season only to see my mascot do the same routine. Sometimes I think EA doesn't even try anymore to cater to the casual six year old fan base. I bet if 2k had a game they would have an online mascot custom playbook creator. This is why sports gaming needs competition!

JB said there's only one.

Remember most of everything doesn't even get announced fully until E3, so assumptions of this and that based on just what's out right now are like Steelerfan in a tranny bar....too premature.