Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate: NCAA Football 12 Preview

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Ball physics have been improved. It's particularly noticeable when the ball comes to rest. It no longer comes to rest on it's nose. The trajectory seemed better too. Batted balls also act much, much more realistically than what we've seen in the past.
    Especially in an epic game between myself and steelerfan where my defender tipped the ball at the line of scrimmage and his receiver caught it and fell into the endzone for a touchdown. Completed a comeback from down 14-0 for him and he ended up winning the game when he pick-6'ed my desperation heave to avoid overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    Did you guys play each other or were there times when you were facing the CPU? If you were able to play the CPU did you notice any differences in the AI? Did the teams play to their strengths?
    That's a little tough to talk about in the confines of "Play Now", which is what we can discuss at this point. I mean, teams used their playbooks, lol. You may have to get a little more specific for us to help you, or maybe I'm just thinking too much.

Be sure to read Oneback's blog discussing "What is Pattern Reading Zone Defense"
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...g-Zone-Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Especially in an epic game between myself and steelerfan where my defender tipped the ball at the line of scrimmage and his receiver caught it and fell into the endzone for a touchdown. Completed a comeback from down 14-0 for him and he ended up winning the game when he pick-6'ed my desperation heave to avoid overtime.
    That was epic! Even if I had lost that one, I would have been amazed by that game.

I will add that most of the games between 2 users (on 5 minute AA) were very low scoring.

I read that they have improved on the zone defense, now in a play now game how did the defenders protect their assignments and what was your take overall of the "new" zone coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    You lied to me OB! Came to Florida for "work" my ass!
    Had to keep things tight lipped, I do want to keep going to florida for "work".

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Had to keep things tight lipped, I do want to keep going to florida for "work".
    Understandable, just busting on you because I just thought about it when you posted some impressions. lol

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I read that they have improved on the zone defense, now in a play now game how did the defenders protect their assignments and what was your take overall of the "new" zone coverage?
    Obviously things are still being tweaked at this point but IMO they are MUCH improved. I had little to no hesitation with calling zones and anyone who played last year knows that's saying something! It is so cool to see one defender carry a reciever through his zone and then pass him off to the next guy with a hand signal.

That's a little tough to talk about in the confines of "Play Now", which is what we can discuss at this point. I mean, teams used their playbooks, lol. You may have to get a little more specific for us to help you, or maybe I'm just thinking too much.
    Well, let me try lol. If you are playing a team with a scrambler does he scramble when the blocking breaks down. If you are playing a big bruser of a RB do they pound the rock? Or if you are playing a team with a tough D is it tough to move the ball?
    Last edited by griffin2608; 04-21-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Did anyone try out the different defenses (3-4,4-2-5, etc) and if so can you "feel" the difference? Also, how is the pass rush right now?

That is exactly what I was thinking Kwizzy, it had to look pretty cool just seeing it happen like that.

Just being able to call more zone coverages is a very very big plus. Can't wait to see a vid myself of this happening.

How many of you guys "tried" out the new plays. How well were they executed and implemented into the game both on Offense and Defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Obviously things are still being tweaked at this point but IMO they are MUCH improved. I had little to no hesitation with calling zones and anyone who played last year knows that's saying something! It is so cool to see one defender carry a reciever through his zone and then pass him off to the next guy with a hand signal.
    +1

It was so fun to be able to call zone again. I never once felt like I was putting the game on the line by calling zone.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    Well, let me try lol. If you are playing a team with a scrambler does he scramble when the blocking breaks down. If you are playing a big bruser of a RB do they pound the rock? Or if you are playing a team with a tough D is it tough to move the ball?
    Some of the builds of the game that we played were more complete than others; I did notice that quarterbacks with lower speed and awareness would tend to stay in the pocket longer, while a quicker QB would give up the pass if the receivers were covered more quickly than in the past. But it was hard to get a full read on this at the stages that we saw the game.

Given that all you (saying bad things under my breath about you lucky SOB's) got to be part of this and help shape NCAA 12 what from the play now games stuck out to you guys the most? What was "your" wow factor within the Presentation and the Play Now? And please everyone chime in, I love different takes on it all.

Do any of you guys know if custom playbooks are available online and in OD's also? Or can you not talk about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Did anyone try out the different defenses (3-4,4-2-5, etc) and if so can you "feel" the difference? Also, how is the pass rush right now?
    I tried out all of the new defenses and let me tell you things are looking good. There will be a lot of people early on thinking the passing game is broken because the defense now takes away a lot of those cheap throws and you actually have to read the defense or an underneath defender will come away with the ball. I really liked the half field concepts.

+1

It was so fun to be able to call zone again. I never once felt like I was putting the game on the line by calling zone.
    I just watched the new gameplay video. It is really nice to see the ball being thrown up between D players in a zone and the actually look like they know a o player is in their zone and the converged on the ball.

+1

That is refreshing to hear/read. Honestly something that will add a whole new layer to the game compared to 11. Defense wins championships baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I tried out all of the new defenses and let me tell you things are looking good. There will be a lot of people early on thinking the passing game is broken because the defense now takes away a lot of those cheap throws and you actually have to read the defense or an underneath defender will come away with the ball. I really liked the half field concepts.

Oh boy, as "psuexv" would say "my pants just got a little tighter".......