Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate: NCAA Football 12 Preview

• Facebook
  • Display
    G, you should probably make a screenshot thread for NCAA 12.

That's what NCAA 12 Info Central basically is, Kingpin. Look at the right side for practically every screenshot we've got.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    That's what NCAA 12 Info Central basically is, Kingpin. Look at the right side for practically every screenshot we've got.
    Wow, I had never clicked on that to notice it. I guess I've been spoiled by the forums.

To all the guys that went to CD, what was your overall feel of how the team REALLY addresses concerns and how they relate to the experience of the game and the realism of saturday...I know you guys said that they are very attentive to comm request and all, but sometimes I get the feel from videos like the other night with Ben, that its more of a goofy experience than serious improvements or even pointing them out...Dont get me wrong I am not a hater and love what the team does from year to year, however I would appreciate more a video that breaks down improvements and points them out by showcasing certain corrections and gameplay advances...I think they should have someone else do videos from now on....Like I said I still love the improvements and the game, just a little change in showcasing would help...

Tarhead10 - Overall, I think they are attentive and serious about the details. The IGN format makes it difficult to see that side of things as the guys from IGN don't follow or play the game nearly as in-depth as we do. Also, right now there are some big features that have not been announced that should alleviate some concern in regards to the team listening to community requests and focusing on details.

To get a better feel for what has been added or addressed, check out our NCAA Football 12 Information Central page. Sometimes it is easy to focus on the big announced items or what didn't get in and we forget what did receive focus from the devs.

Today's uStream Live Chat should be more formal and in-depth than the IGN LiveStream or 'On The Spot' program.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Tarhead10 - Overall, I think they are attentive and serious about the details. The IGN format makes it difficult to see that side of things as the guys from IGN don't follow or play the game nearly as in-depth as we do. Also, right now there are some big features that have not been announced that should alleviate some concern in regards to the team listening to community requests and focusing on details.

To get a better feel for what has been added or addressed, check out our NCAA Football 12 Information Central page. Sometimes it is easy to focus on the big announced items or what didn't get in and we forget what did receive focus from the devs.

Today's uStream Live Chat should be more formal and in-depth than the IGN LiveStream or 'On The Spot' program.

Thanks for replying....I agree and I do check the information page out like every 30 seconds.. I wish they would let one of you guys play the game and do interviews like ign the other night... And like I said overall I always get this game at midnight and probably will always do so...

I got a question is the QB sneak still "broken"

Of course I know exactly why they changed it from how it use to be 2-3 years ago, but its annoying that the QB Dives automatically instead of putting his head down and driving for those short yards.

I dont know anyone who runs QB sneak like the game portrays it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDiiddy View Post
    I got a question is the QB sneak still "broken"

Of course I know exactly why they changed it from how it use to be 2-3 years ago, but its annoying that the QB Dives automatically instead of putting his head down and driving for those short yards.

I dont know anyone who runs QB sneak like the game portrays it.
    QB Sneak will still do that if you're using it in goal line formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarhead10 View Post
    sometimes I get the feel from videos like the other night with Ben, that its more of a goofy experience than serious improvements or even pointing them out...
    I think that's more of a function of the IGN event than anything else. Greg Miller (the IGN host) is a generally goofy, energetic guy, and it seemed like Ben responded to that.

The team, overall, definitely takes it seriously. They take issues and problems with the game just as seriously as we (the fans) do, if not more.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I think that's more of a function of the IGN event than anything else. Greg Miller (the IGN host) is a generally goofy, energetic guy, and it seemed like Ben responded to that.

The team, overall, definitely takes it seriously. They take issues and problems with the game just as seriously as we (the fans) do, if not more.
    I didn't go to the events, but just watching the videos and being a part of this since the inception of TGT, the devs are a serious group about both satisfying the gamer and reflecting real life in a way that pleases everybody. Like us, they want to put real players on the field and say "go at it realistically you droid", but obviously there are limitations.

As to the IGN cheesy fest. Greg is not football savvy, and you could tell that in his answer about the rolling out qb. And then he didn't understand why his qb was overthrowing and underthrowing everyone, even though it was obvious that it was because there are changes to the rolling out qb, which Ben mentioned. And then Ben laughed at his attempts. That was awesome. The snickering that you could see on Ben's face was classic. Anyways, it's always gonna be a little less serious when the trash talk is flying towards the developer when the guy is just putting the game in for the first time. And especially since I seriously doubt that Greg is much of a NCAA blogger.

I am very interested in seeing how the 3D crowd looks when the stadium is not sold out. Did any of you cd guys get to see a stadium that was only mostly full, or does Play Now only have "sell outs"? If you did, was there much of a difference in the look? Now that the crowd reacts within the right atmosphere for its size, I want to know if the look matches the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    I am very interested in seeing how the 3D crowd looks when the stadium is not sold out. Did any of you cd guys get to see a stadium that was only mostly full, or does Play Now only have "sell outs"? If you did, was there much of a difference in the look? Now that the crowd reacts within the right atmosphere for its size, I want to know if the look matches the sound.
    I'm pretty sure Play Now only has sell-outs. I didn't see an empty stadium in Dynasty games played at the event, but will look for it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    This seems awesome, the way to go is to pick people like USF (bucs), San Diego (charger), or Pitt (steelers), Miami (Dolphins), Tulane (saints), Temple (eagles) or Aloha Stadium (old pro bowl site), That will be fun having a massive fairly empty stadium, that grows into something comparable to the big house.
    Last edited by MacDiiddy; 05-14-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Thought of more teams