Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sporting News 2010 CFB Preview Mag

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Heard on a local radio show that Phil Steele has picked Nebraska to go 12-0, lose the Big 12 Championship to Oklahoma, & go to a BCS game. I'd definitely take that season if offered! Obviously I'd rather have the loss come earlier & go to the NC game instead but I'd definitely take it.

I think we'll be a solid top 10 team, but we lost too many defensive playmakers to not have at least a slight drop & our offense needs to step up in a MAJOR way to make that season happen.
    really? OU? I figured OU would have an 8-4 season. I just think our O-line is going to be horrible. Our D should be very good so if our O-line and Landry Jones do well we could be in the Big 12 title game but I just don't see it happening. I sure hope Phil is right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I still don't know why RR burnt the redshirt on Shaw. The kid did nothing as a freshman and he wasted that year. That really won't hurt the program since Shaw isn't a special player but I almost got the feeling he was willing to burn redshirts on kids needlessly in an effort to point out to the public that the talent pool was low.
    Yeah Shaw is just another victim of his own athleticism. He never had to develope vision in HS because he just bounced outside, and now he pays for it. I don't see much value in him either. The longer he stays, more chance he developes some vision, thats the only reason i see.

Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post
    Yeah Shaw is just another victim of his own athleticism. He never had to develope vision in HS because he just bounced outside, and now he pays for it. I don't see much value in him either. The longer he stays, more chance he developes some vision, thats the only reason i see.

Oh, Michael Shaw. I don't think he gets the nod at running back this year. It will be between Vincent Smith and Fitz Toussaint (sp).

For anybody that hasn't picked up previews yet, I picked up both the TSN and Athlon previews. TSN is decent, but Athlon was horribly disappointing. 1 page on every team, so good for lesser schools but less than other mags on the top programs (TSN gives 2 for the Top 25 schools, 1 page for most mid-major and above teams, half page for some of the mid-majors and less). Athlon has a a sizable amount of pages devoted to their Position Rankings (Best QBs, Best RBs, Best DL, etc) and to the entire list of 120 teams (not just a Top 25), but nothing else.

Athlon used to have page upon page devoted to behind the scenes stuff and analysis about the previous season. This year's was horribly disappointing in comparison.

Oh, and only two pages for Sideline pictures (i.e. Cheerleaders). Hmph.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Recruit
    Are any of the magazines picking Baylor to win the Big 12?