Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cell Phone Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Must be your phone jb its not slow, I didn't find any real use for it unless you like different fonts. It has the ability to save your messages to the server as well as hid any messages you migjt want. If you above the age of 16 or a girl it really has no use for you. Or you are cheating.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Must be your phone jb its not slow, I didn't find any real use for it unless you like different fonts. It has the ability to save your messages to the server as well as hid any messages you migjt want. If you above the age of 16 or a girl it really has no use for you. Or you are cheating.

Droid X overclocked is what I'm using so it's not my phone.

EVO not overclocked running cyandroid 7 is what I am using so it not my phone. Lol

Got touchy about the phone huh jb?

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    EVO not overclocked running cyandroid 7 is what I am using so it not my phone. Lol

Got touchy about the phone huh jb?

No, I'm just saying it's not my phone being the reason why it was slow

So my Verizon contract is up in August. I've got one last new every 2 phone upgrade for me but the wife doesn't since she is under my plan. We both have the original Motorola Droid. I REALLY like the slide out keyboard feature as sometimes I just prefer to have an actual keyboard over the touch screen.

Any suggestions on phones I should take a look at once I move and I can get a free upgrade?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    So my Verizon contract is up in August. I've got one last new every 2 phone upgrade for me but the wife doesn't since she is under my plan. We both have the original Motorola Droid. I REALLY like the slide out keyboard feature as sometimes I just prefer to have an actual keyboard over the touch screen.

Any suggestions on phones I should take a look at once I move and I can get a free upgrade?
    Not sure if this one is available to you, but, as of right now, it's the most beastly phone available (though doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard):

http://www.phonegg.com/Samsung/I9100...laxy-S-II.html

The stats:

1.2 GHz dual core processor
    1 gig of RAM
    Android OS
    480x800px display (using the Super AMOLED technology that Samsung developed that makes AMOLED brighter and easier to see in direct sunlight without hampering battery life)
    MicroSD expansion slot
    16gig internal storage

Needless to say, this will probably be the phone that I eventually buy when I do get another cellphone.

Just started using Chomp SMS....fastest program so far that I have found.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Not sure if this one is available to you, but, as of right now, it's the most beastly phone available (though doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard):

http://www.phonegg.com/Samsung/I9100...laxy-S-II.html

The stats:

1.2 GHz dual core processor
    1 gig of RAM
    Android OS
    480x800px display (using the Super AMOLED technology that Samsung developed that makes AMOLED brighter and easier to see in direct sunlight without hampering battery life)
    MicroSD expansion slot
    16gig internal storage

Needless to say, this will probably be the phone that I eventually buy when I do get another cellphone.
    That looks to be an AT&T exclusive (as best I can tell). I have NEVER understood that from a phone manufacturer stand point. From a carrier standpoint it obviously makes sense to try to lock in the best phones you can. Sort of reminds me of the exclusive video games but many eventually just went to all platforms to make the most $.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    After some research, it looks like it will be available for Verizon as well soon and definitely available by the time you are looking to upgrade. Only issue is whether or not it's 4G (LTE) capable as not being LTE capable would be a pretty big downside considering pretty much all new phones on T-Mobile are doing at least pre-LTE (faster than 3G but not fully LTE) and Verizon and AT&T are starting to get with the program as well.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    After some research, it looks like it will be available for Verizon as well soon and definitely available by the time you are looking to upgrade. Only issue is whether or not it's 4G (LTE) capable as not being LTE capable would be a pretty big downside considering pretty much all new phones on T-Mobile are doing at least pre-LTE (faster than 3G but not fully LTE) and Verizon and AT&T are starting to get with the program as well.
    Yeah my next phone will be 4G. Right now it looks like VZW only has 3 options. Hopefully, that changes in the next 3 months.

Right now it is

When my contract is up this next time changing over to AT&T and getting

Right now I do not have a smart phone.

Is it possible for me to buy a Curve and transfer my stuff over and not be required to buy the internet and stuff?

Pretty sure you're required to carry a data contact, especially if you're getting a discounted rate on a smartphone.

I mean like buy a curve off my friend and transfer over into my contract.

I believe if you have a smartphone you have to have a data package.

I'm getting the Droid Incredible next week with my switch to Verizon. I know it's not the hot new thing, but solid phone from what I can tell by reviews and it's a step up from my Hero which I liked a lot. The only thing that really stinks is I have to get an Omaha number since there are no more available numbers from here.

You have to get the unwlimited data package with the Google phones, I know on sprint you do anyway. Every app basically requires data access so it's mandatory.

Just I will just deal with it until my contract is up.

Plants vs. Zombies is the free app today in the Amazon Android App Store. Love that game.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Plants vs. Zombies is the free app today in the Amazon Android App Store. Love that game.
    Just got it, but can't download it right now. No WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Just got it, but can't download it right now. No WiFi
    Thankfully I got it downloaded at home before I left for work.

The touchscreen version of the original Pac Man is the Amazon Android App Store free app of the day.