Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cell Phone Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Droid X

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

I would try the xda forums that was mentioned in an earlier post to make sure unrevoked will work for your phone (i'm almost certain it will though). The thing is you want to find the simpliest way to do it, because all you are in essence doing is giving yourself superuser permissions.

Its really hard to brick your phone non the less I absolutely messed up doing my hero and everything still worked on the phone and I was having to root it the hard way.

I'm thinking of trying Z4 Mod that I got off the Amazon App Store.

Once rooted, what kind of updates do you have to unroot to get? OS updates?

Z4 Mod worked really well...now I can FINALLY use a screenshot program:

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm thinking of trying Z4 Mod that I got off the Amazon App Store.

Once rooted, what kind of updates do you have to unroot to get? OS updates?
    I dont know which root version you did but all I did was a basic root and I was still able to get OS updates. If all else fails normally after an update around a couple of weeks it will be posted on whatever website you got the mod from and you can just upload it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I dont know which root version you did but all I did was a basic root and I was still able to get OS updates. If all else fails normally after an update around a couple of weeks it will be posted on whatever website you got the mod from and you can just upload it from there.
    I guess post in here when there is an OS update

In the Amazon App Store, the pro version of Quickoffice Pro is only $2.99. It's a good program to read and edit MS Office docs.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Man, if you're using a phone with the android OS, I'm sure there is a free doc reader/editor on there. I know for a fact there is a free reader, but I never tried to edit anything with it.

It does seem as though something would be out for free

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The free version of those type of things is read only from what I saw.

Anyone know if there is an Android app that allows you to access Citrix? My firm (and almost all law firms) use Citrix to access documents and e-mail when out of the office. I hate carrying around my BlackBerry (POS) and would rather just check my work e-mail from my Droid.

I asked IT about it when I got the phone and they indicated they couldn't set up my phone to receive work e-mail b/c of some sort of security issue.

I am unsure of that one but the android phone is terrible when it comes to secruity. The problem really comes from apps and Google in general because they require so much freedom on these phones, I think last I read Google was actually getting there shit together so they can be a more secure phone. I really wouldn't hold my breathe in finding a secure app to read anything on Google unless it's taking to a secure website.

So after all that my simple answer is I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I am unsure of that one but the android phone is terrible when it comes to secruity. The problem really comes from apps and Google in general because they require so much freedom on these phones, I think last I read Google was actually getting there shit together so they can be a more secure phone. I really wouldn't hold my breathe in finding a secure app to read anything on Google unless it's taking to a secure website.

So after all that my simple answer is I doubt it.

Well my Citrix site I have to go to to access my work e-mail from home is an https:// website

My phone gets me all the way to the point where you need to click on/download the "inbox" icon and when I do that my e-mail does not pop up and I get some sort of error message.

Just ordered a Motorola Atrix... reviews for it sounded really good and it was $100 through Amazon Wireless (normally $200 through AT&T) so I jumped on it. Anyone who has one, let me know what you think.

I was also looking at the Samsung Infuse but it was $180 through Amazon ($200 through AT&T) and most matchups between it & the Atrix, the Atrix won.

Im rockin the Iphone 4 but ill be looking to change it up in a couple years i think

Does anyone own a Samsung Mesmerize or HTC Desire?

Got my Atrix in today (one day early, woohoo!). So far I'm really liking it, though going from a dumbphone (Samsung Impression) to a smartphone is a fairly big leap and if nothing else, the touchscreen is so much smoother than my old phone.

So far I have some of the basic apps but anyone have any Android apps to recommend to me?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Got my Atrix in today (one day early, woohoo!). So far I'm really liking it, though going from a dumbphone (Samsung Impression) to a smartphone is a fairly big leap and if nothing else, the touchscreen is so much smoother than my old phone.

So far I have some of the basic apps but anyone have any Android apps to recommend to me?
    For text messaging, I would use handcent. If you use twitter a lot, tweetcaster is probably the best app, but twitdroyd is good too. You should definitely get Google Shopper, since that has a barcode scanner included. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    For text messaging, I would use handcent. If you use twitter a lot, tweetcaster is probably the best app, but twitdroyd is good too. You should definitely get Google Shopper, since that has a barcode scanner included. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    What does handcent do that regular android texting doesn't do? For twitter though, I'm using tweetdeck... already use it on my Chrome browser so I'm comfortable with it.

Otherwise though, I think I have my setup just about how I want it... still playing but for the most part, it's starting to take shape. The only thing I can't decide on is a music player... going with Winamp for now but open to suggestions.

I tried Handcent and it is SLOW. I'm trying Go SMS, but I think that is just as slow. Might just go back to the stock text app.