Thread: 2013 Slider Changes Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

2013 Slider Changes Discussion TGT OD (PS3)

Use this thread to discuss potential changes to sliders for the 2013 season.

Perhaps an admin could change the thread title to also say, "TGT OD (PS3)". If I'm able to do it, I don't know how. Thanks.
    Last edited by steelerfan; 03-23-2011 at 09:29 AM.

First, I will start with penalties. We need more.

Here's a list of changes that I would like. This list reflects what I use offline...

Offsides and False Start - bump from 70 to 95
    Facemask - bump from 40 to 55
    O/D PI - bump from 70 to 100
    K/P I - bump from 90 to 100
    Clipping - bump from 50 to 55
    R Passer - bump from 80 to 100
    R Kicker - bump from 85 to 100

We simply don't have enough penalties. It's impossible to achieve the number and variety of penalties that occur in real life, but I'd like more.

Thoughts?

As for the sliders, I'll go with what's most glaring.

Offline, I use Run Blocking at 40 (HUM) and 75 (CPU). Our current settings are 55/55. Our Dynasty has seen multiple 2000 yard HUM backs and 2 3000 yard backs. That is easily the biggest area that needs changing, IMO. In my offline Dynasty, I use SDSU and often get gashed with my settings. I'd like to see the CPU have a better running game. (Note: I have the speed threshold at 15, it's at 0 in our OD).

Offline, I have INTs at 15/15 (I play 9-minute quarters though). Ours are 35/35. Looking at the list of INT leaders tells me these should be lowered some.

Our settings for Run Defense are 35/40. Offline, I have them at 30/70. Again, I think we need to help the CPU running game and hurt the HUM running game. (It should be noted that I have Tackling at 50/55. We use 45/35)

Here's my entire list of offline settings (OD in parenthesis)...

9-minute quarters (not suggesting this, but it factors into my sliders)
    Speed Threshold 15 (0)

QBA 35/35 (35/40)
    PB 50/45 (40/40)
    WRC 55/50 (40/45)
    RBA 50/55 (50/55)
    PC 45/50 (50/50)
    PR 55/50 (60/55)
    INT 15/15 (35/35)
    RD 30/70 (35/40)
    Tack 50/55 (45/35)
    FGP 10/20 (5/20)
    FGA 15/55 (20/55)
    PP 50/55 (30/50)
    PA 25/75 (35/55)
    KO 25/45 (30/30)

Overall, I'd like to see the CPU be more competitive. Give them a better run D, a better run O, and cut down their turnovers (INTs) to minimize all the 91-13 scores we're seeing and to eliminate the ridiculous HUM rushing numbers.

Thoughts?

I'm all for making the CPU tougher. Other than an EA sim god loss my (and I suspect many if not all of us) have yet to lose to the CPU. That essentially turns our seasons into 3-4 game seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I'm all for making the CPU tougher. Other than an EA sim god loss my (and I suspect many if not all of us) have yet to lose to the CPU. That essentially turns our seasons into 3-4 game seasons.
    Me too...I'm all for a challenge, even though I lost to the CPU twice in a row with Bama LOL I'm down for any changes the league thinks are needed.

Hey, I've lost a couple CPU games too. But I'd like to see the CPU more competitive, even if the wins and losses don't end up changing. The 2-3 K rushing seasons are waaay out of whack. If the CPU could run, it would keep games closer too.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hey, I've lost a couple CPU games too. But I'd like to see the CPU more competitive, even if the wins and losses don't end up changing. The 2-3 K rushing seasons are waaay out of whack. If the CPU could run, it would keep games closer too.
    Oh yeah I'm all about it.

steeler, take a look at Oneback's latest sliders in the Powerhouse OD. We went from easy games against the CPU to quite a few users losing. Maybe there are some things you could balance between what you've got and what he's got.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    steeler, take a look at Oneback's latest sliders in the Powerhouse OD. We went from easy games against the CPU to quite a few users losing. Maybe there are some things you could balance between what you've got and what he's got.
    I'm open to any ideas. IIRC, what we're using is an old set of Oneback's. Please understand that I'm not pushing my sliders, guys. I just want more balance.

Just to give you an idea, I've played 40 games in my SDSU dynasty. The most I've scored (again, 9-minute quarters) is 62 (twice). In my last 4 games (the game I've played since starting this thread), the CPU has outrushed me twice. Note that I have 2012 Walker winner Ronnie Hillman.

Here are the scores from my last 4 games:

SDSU 62, UNLV 21 (Rebels were 0-12)
    Boise 14, SDSU 10
    SDSU 28, Stanford 6 (Las Vegas Bowl)
    SDSU 38, CSU 17

Just some more food for thought....

These are the tweaks I made to the sliders posted. I played a couple games with the other sliders and was still getting alot of yards per carry and total rushing. I think these might be a bit better suited to my play style since I do run the rock alot.

1st game I played was against Rice. Rushing total for CPU was 20 att for 79 yds. So I went in and tweaked the blocking a bit more and upped the RB ability. 55 or 60 seems good for that slider. Any more than that and you'll get ridiculous broken blocks.

2nd game I played was against Wyoming. Total CPU rushing was 20 for 109 yds. One run went for about 50 when the CPU broke through a gang tackle.

Both teams ran alot out of shotgun so I was usually running with 3 linemen at the line in a Dime D. These might play different with more defenders at the line.

Things I saw with these sliders: improved punt returns for user, less yards per carry. I avg about 6.1 yds a carry in the Wyoming game and about 5+ against Rice. The CPU will still blitz hard on 3rd. There's not much you can do to fix that unless you change Coach Def. Aggressiveness. Anyway that's my take. I guess try both out and see which everyone agrees on. Penalties I didn't change since they were good. Lots more calls especially clipping. Had a few pick sixes called back and one decent run for a first. Mostly they were called on the special teams. Going to go play against TTech and run through a season if possible.

7-minute quarters
    Speed Threshold 25

QBA 30/30
    PB 50/50
    WRC 50/50
    RBA 50/60
    RBlk 25/80
    PC 50/50
    PR 45/50
    INT 15/40
    RD 30/65
    Tack 30/45
    FGP 5/15
    FGA 15/55
    PP 5/45
    PA 25/70
    KO 25/45

I understand we want to make the computer run game better, but when I have a 72 overall HB braking 7 recorded tackles in the game, it becomes a problem. Also, robo QB is in full effect this season. I don't mind playing close games, but when I start feel like they are cheating it gets boring. It didn't matter who hit Humphrey, he was not going down by the first guy. Just my opinion so far.

Tackling should be higher, IMO. That would alleviate the broken tackle stuff you're seeing.

I can bump up user tackling slightly heading into next week.

What works (if anything) to help with the robo-QB issue without completely neutering CPU passing?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I can bump up user tackling slightly heading into next week.

What works (if anything) to help with the robo-QB issue without completely neutering CPU passing?
    I haven't necessarily seen it. I've seen some very quick releases, but I can live with that (I still got 7 sacks tonight against Ohio State). The CPU's passing numbers haven't been out of whack, IMO.