Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete Voted on by the Fans - Winner: Peyton Hillis

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    For Seattle I'd argue against Lynch because he has been there one year....on the same token I kinda at Peppers representing Da Bears, as much as I like him and he's a phenomenal player...I could name Forte, Urlacher, Briggs, Kruetz as better choices.
    Personally for the Hawks I would have went with Trufant for D or Hasselbeck for O. For the Bears I agree. It has to be Forte or Briggs.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    If Vick's sick ass wins this shit, I'll boycott Madden on principle.
    Man I felt the hatred come off of your comment! I take it you feel the same way about Rothlisberger?!? Forgive and let go bud!! Can't deny his ability, I'm a Die-Hard Redskin fan and find it hard to root for him now due to the Division Rivalry...but yep been a fan since V-Tech....if he doesn't win I'll still pick up the game, no one person will ever stop me from playing Madden...

Looks like the 12th Man is getting beat as well...

Looks like the 12th Man is getting beat as well...
    This has to be included for a reason as there are far better selections. I'm going on record and saying that HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE will be a huge part of Madden 12.

Perhaps Mr. Madden should put his old boss on the cover.

Warning: The following link contains a picture of Al Davis so frightening, I did not want to post it here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ss-conference/
    Last edited by steelerfan; 03-25-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Perhaps Mr. Madden should put his old boss on the cover.

Warning: The following link contains a picture of Al Davis so frightening, I did not want to post it here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ss-conference/
    Um yeah, this cover may stop me from buying Madden 12. The really makes you think about what it means to be the Raiders in OWNER MODE... yikes!

I'm seeing on Twitter that New England's Danny Woodhead has advanced past the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I'm seeing on Twitter that New England's Danny Woodhead has advanced past the first round.
    The matchups are updated
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

For those that want to see the results on TV, it'll be on Sportsnation today.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Woodhead will get by Nicks easily, but then has Rodgers.

I'm still trying to figure out why they went with Drew Brees for the Saints. EA will never let Brees be on back to back Madden covers.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why they went with Drew Brees for the Saints. EA will never let Brees be on back to back Madden covers.
    They've addressed that and will put him in if he wins the vote.

Tebow must win! PETA protests would be funny though should Vick grace the cover. I'm rooting for one of those two.

They've addressed that and will put him in if he wins the vote.
    Damn. In that case, I'm still wondering why they went with him after he was just on the cover, and didn't find someone else on the Saints to go with.

Rooting for Willis at this point.

I still think Favre should have been in the running-the greatest stat leader of all time- why not?

it was dumb in the beginning putting distinct favorites against distinct underdogs Brees should go against Rodgers first round while Bradford should go against Freeman etc

Putting Suh against Rodgers was Dumb. It also proves most of the voters dont know crap about football and are just popularity whores because Suh only got a 28% of the vote = I was a Suh voter haha

Woodhead beating Steve Johnson is disgusting
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 03-28-2011 at 09:02 PM.

From ESPN's Jon Robinson....

Michael Vick might be one of the most polarizing athletes of our time, but when it comes to the "Madden" audience, they treat him for who he is in their world: The greatest video game quarterback ever created. And because of Vick's continued dominance in the franchise, it looks like he could be unstoppable in the "Madden NFL 12" cover vote as he has already jumped out to a commanding 61% to 39% lead over Andre Johnson.

But those aren't the only numbers I've been able to get my hands on as thanks to the editors over at SportsNation, I have a new update on some of the other Round 2 results so far.

One of the more intriguing names in the tournament is Danny Woodhead. Here we have a guy who gets cut by the Jets on "Hard Knocks" and turns out to be one of the most popular players in the league upon joining the Patriots. And if the fans keep turning out to vote for him like they have the first two rounds of the "Madden" vote, his new nickname might just be "The People's Champ." Woodhead is beating Hakeem Nicks, 58% to 42 % and shows no signs of slowing down. Could he be the sleeper pick to win it all?

In other running back news, Peyton Hillis leads Matt Ryan by less than 1,000 votes in their match-up, while Jamaal Charles has also taken a slight lead over Maurice Jones-Drew after they were tied in votes just yesterday.

Meanwhile, Drew Brees is dominating Mark Sanchez by a 61% to 39% margin in the battle of quarterbacks who have already appeared on the cover of an EA Sports product. Can Brees really avoid the curse two years in a row? We might just find out if his fans keep voting so passionately.

Wow if Woodhead wins