Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 (Offense)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Looking at it as its drawn the post and out/curl should break at 15 yards, this would open the drag by the tight end, with the turn route by the other tight end trailing at 10 yards. The HB would be an outlet pass if everyone else were covered.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I just think the 2nd TE (Y receiver) would be better served to run a slant route or some other type of inside route (In or Slant would do nicely). Then either inside route against man would have defenders running into each other left and right and the slant would be a nice parallel to the corner route by the X receiver. I just think it would give you more options than the turn route (which, never seemed to work as intended in '11 unless the receiver was ridiculously talented and I highly doubt anyone has a ridiculously talented 2nd TE).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Personally, that play actually looks a little TOO cluttered to one side. Obviously, it'll depend on the timing of the routes, but it looks like if the B receiver decides to run the curl route instead of the out route, it'd be a mess in that area of the field with three defenders very close together at about the same time.
    Yup I think the same thing to the boundary. I would like to see the Y TE continue out the back side I think. However (like you said depending on timing), this would be a nice play to the open side of the field. Regardless, this is good a 2nd and short play. Just be ready to possibly throw it away if the post doesn't immediately come open if you start on the near hash.

I have it from a reliable source that the post and the out/curl will break at 15 yards and that the play art is what is wrong. Which makes things a lot better.

the TE slant is a nice quick pass, that's my first read. it'll take a hell of a tight end with a high agility rating to get out of his cut quick enough.

Shotgun Trips Unbalanced Mizzou Jet is a new addition to the Tigers high flying spread offense. The formation calls for the tight end to align on the line of scrimmage and places the split end on the left off the line of scrimmage. With three spread receivers combined with the halfback in the backfield, Missouri can get four blockers at the point of attack on the jet sweep.

Mizzou's playbook has been the dominant playbook I have used in 11. However, I rarely have much success with Jet Sweep plays.

I love that play!

wouldnt the left tackle have to, theoretically, be an elligible receiver in this formation (emlos rule)? i'm curious how the quick audibles works from this formation- whether the tight end/flanker automatically steps off and the split end steps up; or if the left tackle actually is an elligible receiver and the tight end isnt?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    South Carolina has a goal line fade play out of Ace Slot Formation:

Yep, I know that one well. I use it all the time.

Shotgun Quads Trio Slot Pivot – Shotgun Quads Trio Slot Pivot is a play that’s designed to put a horizontal stretch in the underneath coverage of zone defenses. The inside receiver closest to the formation runs a shallow cross while the next receiver to his right runs a pivot route. Those two routes going in opposite directions creates a natural void in zones for the dig route that’s ran by the next receiver over in the formation.

O.K. I allready LOVE the Shotgun Quads formation in the Mizzou playbook. That play is a freaking DREAM! About the only thing I MIGHT consider making this play better would be if Y ran out to the flat and A ran the crossing pattern. That would create a likely "rub" against man coverage leaving one of them wide freaking open nearly every play.

That play is awesome! The way the play is described, it gives me hope that they worked on the defensive coverages. That's the type of description I've been waiting for, "creating natural voids" in certain defenses. It could be absolutely nothing, but it seems like this is one play in particular that should give a good reference (when running it several times vs the current coverage systems) as to the issues of the past, and allow the team to do sufficient work on the coverages to make them function in a somewhat realistic manner.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    O.K. I allready LOVE the Shotgun Quads formation in the Mizzou playbook. That play is a freaking DREAM! About the only thing I MIGHT consider making this play better would be if Y ran out to the flat and A ran the crossing pattern. That would create a likely "rub" against man coverage leaving one of them wide freaking open nearly every play.
    If you made that change those wrs run into eachother and screw up the timing. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    If you made that change those wrs run into eachother and screw up the timing. Guaranteed.
    Nah there are allready plays with similar concepts in the SG Quads and Bunch formations. I think the play is Z Spot or something like that and I just hout route the receiver just to the right to do a drag and/or slant and the receiver to the left goes out to the flat. That combo almost always works to perfection especially against man coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Nah there are allready plays with similar concepts in the SG Quads and Bunch formations. I think the play is Z Spot or something like that and I just hout route the receiver just to the right to do a drag and/or slant and the receiver to the left goes out to the flat. That combo almost always works to perfection especially against man coverage.
    I always have those combos snuffed out by route running deficiencies and picking my own players as they come wide open.

the slant/drag combination is deadly.

NCAA Football 12 Video Analysis on all 25 New Plays

If you're lazy to click through each photo on the NCAA facebook page, here's a video of all 25 plays with descriptions of each play.

Quote Originally Posted by SJSUSpartans10 View Post
    If you're lazy to click through each photo on the NCAA facebook page, here's a video of all 25 plays with descriptions of each play.

Thanks!