Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 4, 2015

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just tried again before checking the forum....no go.

lol, we could always start a new one.. Call it, ummm, Powerhouse SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by RcSinger View Post
    lol, we could always start a new one.. Call it, ummm, Powerhouse SEC?
    From what I'm reading online, a lot of PS3 dynasties are effected. No guarantees that anything we started wouldn't be.

Nice subtlety about using the SEC though. You should've been with us last year
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

LOL, Yeah, I wasn't really serious, just thought I'd jab that out there.

haha and we could combine it with my failed attempt at a death penalty OD with all the dirty pool going on, apparently some time is about to get fuckstomped by the ncaa, should be in the news in the next week or so lol *rumors*....penn st, ND, UTenn (duh) and chumpson have been thrown out as possibilities.

i am pumped for next year though, FSU will have espn's #1 recruiting class to play with with 2 great RBs and of course karlos williams at safety and 6'6 WR Kelvin Benjamin.

Tennessee receives notice of allegations from NCAA

Spoiler: show
    Knoxville, TN (Sports Network) - The University of Tennessee has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA in regard to violations within the men's basketball and football programs.

Basketball allegations include impermissible phone calls to potential recruits and impermissible contact from head coach Bruce Pearl to prospective student- athletes. Pearl was also charged with a failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance and failure to monitor the activities regarding compliance of all assistant coaches within the men's basketball program.

The football allegations all came under the watch of former head coach Lane Kiffin, who left after one season and is now the coach at Southern California. The NCAA alleges that Kiffin also failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance and failed to monitor the activities regarding compliance of several assistant coaches, while the staff also made impermissible phone contact with prospective student-athletes.

"Our institution has operated in complete cooperation with the NCAA since April 2009 as they have pursued their investigation," said Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton in a statement. "We take these allegations seriously and most items noted in this document have already been reported broadly."

The school has a deadline of May 21 to submit a response to the NCAA and will likely appear before the Committee on Infractions from June 10-11.

Pearl has already served an eight-game suspension from the SEC in regard to his role in the process.

"Throughout this process, we have recognized that we made significant mistakes and we look forward to concluding this matter with the NCAA," Pearl said in a statement issued by the school Wednesday. "The penalties imposed on our program to date have been severe, but I want to commend our student-athletes and staff for staying focused and working through these potential distractions."

The Volunteers are coming off a 60-51 victory over Vanderbilt on Tuesday, improving to 17-11 overall and 7-6 in SEC play.

While impermissible phone calls to recruits were at the center of the NCAA's probe, Pearl also misled investigators when asked about certain photos of him with recruit Aaron Craft. The Knoxville News Sentinel reported that Pearl had improperly hosted the prospect at his home two years ago.

In September, as a result of the investigation, the university announced a reduction in pay for Pearl and a suspension of off-campus recruiting for a year. Hamilton said Pearl's compensation would be reduced 25 percent from $2 million to $1.5 million.

Copyright © 2011, Sports Network

this is something new, and it will be heavy handed apparently to a team who has been in the top 12 teams (football) on average over the last 4 years or so, LSU has also been talked about it relation to it.

I just read something that was posted recently that said the Death Penalty looms over Alabama and that they are already on probation until 2012. Strangely, this is the first I have heard of it.

Spoiler: show

Alabama: NCAA Death Penalty Looms For "Unmatched Recent Violation History"
    By
    Max C Sconyers Jr
    (Correspondent) on February 24, 2011 - Auburn

BATON ROUGE, LA - NOVEMBER 06: Head coach Nick Saban of the Alabama Crimson Tide reacts to a play during the game against the Louisiana State University Tigers at Tiger Stadium on November 6, 2010 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Tigers defeated the Crimson Tide 24-21. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images) Why are they picking on me?
    Chris Graythen/Getty Images

There is one thing that brings even more fear to the Crimson Tide faithful than a 24-point lead at home over Auburn—the NCAA.

The Death Penalty is openly discussed as a possibility for “flagrant and willful” violators.

The NCAA Committee on Infractions released a statement last year calling the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa the following:

A "serial repeat violator," with an "abysmal infractions track record" and an "extensive recent history of infractions cases unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA.”

Wow. Back on top again after all these years.

Pretty tough words for our in-state brethren. Hopefully they said “Yes, Mama” and went home to clean house.

This was written in response to the school's textbook probation appeal (which was summarily denied).

This is the school's most recent major NCAA rules violation. It has landed the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa (UAT) a three-year probation that will last through June 10, 2012, their second major NCAA violation in less than 10 years.
    107974629_crop_340x234 Rumors are rampant Coach Saban's action may result in the Death Penalty at Alabama.
    Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

The University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa is actually one of 11 institutions that have had two major infractions cases during the past decade: Ball State, Fresno State, Florida International, TCU, Alabama-Tuscaloosa, Arkansas, Colorado, Michigan, Oklahoma, Southern California and Washington are the others.

This looming Death Penalty may explain the recent sense of desperation in their public denial of blatantly obvious violations. This would also explain their screaming foul and waving their arms as the recent trend of losses to in-state rival Auburn continued this past season with a stunning loss of a 24-point lead, at home, that ultimately led to their third conference loss of the year, finishing in fourth place in the SEC Western Division and having a double-digit final national ranking.

Big brother’s been getting spanked by everybody, no wonder he’s been so bad lately.

There were (allegedly) recruiting violations with current high school junior, Barry Sanders, Jr. He was seen at a recent home basketball game seated with his dad, Barry Sanders Sr. (NFL Hall of Famer) and coach Nick Saban sitting right between them. Sure, it’s conceivable they got their tickets from the same scalper. "Hey, Barry, what’s up!? Great seats, huh? Oh really, your son plays football? How nice."

I probably could have gotten two seats together.

WATCH BARRY SANDERS VIDEO SHOWN AT HOME BASKETBALL GAME IN TUSCALOOSA:
    106814753_crop_340x234 Coach Saban may have been assisting in text-book fundraiser here he appears to be taking a bid and helping deliver books.
    Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images

http://www.koco.com/sports/26958838/detail.html?taf=okl

Now, I know this is big-time college football, right? Everybody does it, come on! Well, let me make a correction—almost everyone does it. At least those in the student-athlete population at Alabama, anyway.

I heard not abig ten team.

bama might be in trouble for that 'book buy back program' that you all were running while still on probation from the shula era but i doubt anything comes of it...

the main smoke has been about penn st, nd, and lsu and utenn has already be highlighted...either way it will be interesting

i dont think it is penn st cause their recruiting classes have been kind of shitty the last 2 years, if they were cheating to bring in those classes I would be like wtf JOE!

That particular report is the only source I can find stating Death Penalty or probation. It states the probation as already handed down, but I cannot find anything about it anywhere else.

No way in hell it's PSU. Just wouldn't happen on Joe's watch.

well the idea is that joe has no clue what his staff is doing and his staff has been 'rogue' for the last year or 2 trying to make things work...i doubt very much joe would ever be complicit in such activity, but with all of the rumblings of disorganization out of happy valley how could he know. (but as i have said, with PSU's lackluster recruiting and hopefully the rest of the staff's respect for joe pa i doubt they are in trouble)

as far as reports, rc my whole point is this is not in the press yet, some radio hosts have mentioned it in passing but apparently some large news organizations are dotting the i's and crossing the t's on their investigation as we speak and it will be released in a week or so

There is a major news outlet that is on the verge of publishing a report that will blow the lid off a major D-I program, and not a school many would suspect................

They are inches away from having all they need to go on it. I would expect something before summer and it will be a bombshell, with names-dates-amounts.

This won't be a message board blog, but rather, a huge news story. But to publish something like that, you better have your facts right. I think they've got it...............

Bill Greene :: Ohio Recruiting Analyst

Later when asked if it was a Big 10 school Bill stated "No"

haha well if you are that worried that you cling to a tOSU beat reporter's word for confirmation maybe their is some smoke in happy valley

Lol, not worried at all here in Happy Valley. There are way more teams out there with boosters that have there hands in everything a program is doing compared to here. Those schools should be sweating a little.

Just tried again this morning, no go.

Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewiel
    Quote Originally Posted by UTVOL54
    Is this something they work on at night too, or only during "office hours?" (5pm Orlando time)
    There aren't office hours here man. The guys will be working on this at night as well. We're trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

That is so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    apparently some time is about to get fuckstomped by the ncaa, should be in the news in the next week or so lol *rumors*....penn st, ND, UTenn (duh) and chumpson have been thrown out as possibilities.
    The rumors you guys were hearing didn't relate to the Sports Illustrated story, did it? http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp