Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K13 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA 2K13 Thread

NBA 2K13 now listed on Amazon with a release date of October 2 and available on PS3, 360, and PSP.

- NBA 2K13 is set to launch on October 2 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP and PC, Take-Two Interactive announced today. This is in line with the October precedence set by previous NBA 2K titles. Developer 2K Sports has yet to reveal any details about the game.

- They have been looking for suggestions via twitter with the hashtag #IdeasforNBA2K13

Probably not going release day with this one like I did 2K12.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I DEFINITELY won't be release daying this one. I need proof that they actually fixed what they fucked up in 2k12 before I even think about doing anything with their games anymore.

2K Sports Community Manager Ronnie Singh tweeted this earlier tonight:

- We never really do anything at E3 as you guys know but I am definitely going to try to give an insider look at the show, more than last yr
    - Having said that, we're expecting to make a big #NBA2K13 announcement in the next coupla weeks that I am fairly confident will impress you
    - Of course, it's my subjective opinion. What I think is cool may not be what you think is cool. But some exciting stuff is going down this yr
    - What impresses people is different for everyone. But I think our most hardcore fans will like what we have in store.

Unless it's fixing the shitty animation system they're using, having a play call system that isn't completely fuckin' retarded, or fixing the terrible framerates at some of the arenas (or in general), I don't give a flying fuck 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Unless it's fixing the shitty animation system they're using, having a play call system that isn't completely fuckin' retarded, or fixing the terrible framerates at some of the arenas (or in general), I don't give a flying fuck 2k.
    It's posts like this that are the reason I love seeing your name show up as the last poster in a thread on the main forums, because I know nine times out of ten, there is going to be something in those posts that will make me both laugh and agree.

NBA 2K13 announcement coming tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by cdj; 05-30-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Fans that pre-order NBA 2K13 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will receive a new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite. This add-on content will be set in Houston, the site of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game and will allow fans to stage their own NBA All-Star Game, including three NBA All-Star events - the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout, BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest featuring all-new intuitive, pick-up-and-play controls.

"The NBA All-Star package is our way saying 'thank you' to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it's just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBA(R) 2K13."

Gamers can pit the NBA's current superstars against classic players in both the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout and Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Rosters for both the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge and 2013 NBA All-Star Game will feature the 2012 All-Stars, with dynamic updates to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.

Link

Not bad. Not bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

"1st ever #NBA2K13 gameplay premieres during @SpikeTV #GTE3 All Access primetime special, Monday 10 ET/7 PT"

First gameplay reveal:

(Not the best quality, but only clip on YT currently that shows entire segment.)

There is ripping off Guitar Hero and then there is blantantly ripping off.

The whole time that guy has this evil grin on his face like he knows the gameplay will be exactly the same as 2K12 and no once can tell the difference. I saw the same stupid pump fake then lean in layup that the CPU does while the user can't defend it w/o getting called for a foul everytime, or they make everytime that is so frustrating in 2K12. I don't even know how to trigger that animation after so many tries. I think I'm going back to Live or just not buying a basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    The whole time that guy has this evil grin on his face like he knows the gameplay will be exactly the same as 2K12 and no once can tell the difference.
    Pretty much.

The guys at 2K seem very confident at E3 this week. Is it for public appearance, from success of past, or due to some poor early Live feedback?

From OS' Dustin Toms: "We could ship this game ( #NBA2K13) today if we wanted. We still have four months to make it better." - Erik B, Developer.

They also announced today that the All-Star add-on content will be playable in MyPlayer & Association mode. (IE: Your My Player may be invited to take part in the All-Star Weekend festivities, such as the Dunk Contest.)

I'm still waiting to hear if they actually DID anything this year. Sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The guys at 2K seem very confident at E3 this week. Is it for public appearance, from success of past, or due to some poor early Live feedback?
    Awfully strange, considering how much the guy showing gameplay footage on Spike pointed out that they've never shown the game at E3 before.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Where is Manu's bald spot at?

2K Sports today announced the launch of the “Uncover The Cover” Facebook application, which will engage the 2K Sports online community and reveal some big clues about the cover of NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise twelve years running.

The Facebook application will start with the clues concealed behind puzzle pieces. In order for pieces to be removed and the clues to the cover revealed, fans are encouraged to tweet about NBA 2K13 using the hashtag #UncoverNBA2K. The more tweets that are made containing the hashtag, the more pieces of the puzzle will be removed.

Fans can check the NBA 2K13 Facebook page to see the current state of the image and the effects their tweets are having in real-time. Once the cover is unveiled, fans will be able to download the final poster art file as wallpaper.

The Facebook application represents a significant departure from the traditional 2K Sports cover reveal, and will leverage the company’s sizable social media following. For the first time in the company’s history, fans will play a decisive role in announcing the cover.

Fans can begin tweeting #UncoverNBA2K today and view the app’s progress in real-time on http://2kgam.es/UncoverNBA2K.

Who do you think the NBA 2K13 cover athlete will be?

- Pastapadre had this partially revealed cover sent to him though he is unsure of validity.

Decisive role would be picking who would be on the cover. The fans are just fucking tweeting stupid shit. Playing a decisive role my ass.