Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime

• Facebook
  • Display
    The entire series of Entourage is on Amazon Prime now since I don't have HBO, I'll definitely watch.
    The dude abides.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, all 8 Seasons have been added to Prime!

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Curb Your Enthusiasm, all 8 Seasons have been added to Prime!
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    The entire series of Entourage is on Amazon Prime now since I don't have HBO, I'll definitely watch.
    Fun guy show. Laughed my ass off at times.

Today was a big update of indie movies. Stuff so cheap the names speak for themselves. From the Horror movies.

Apocalyptic Alien Love Triangle
    HillJack Russell's Nightmare Fuel
    I Spit Chew On Your Grave!
    The Lost Realities of Hog Caller
    Nicotine Stains
    The Suckling
    Terror At Blood Fart Lake
    Underground Lizard People
    Women's Blood Bath Wrestling

I miss the days when not everyone thought they could make a horror movie.

Damn. Michael Bay's been busy.

Forgot to add. The Man In The High Castle full season is available today.

Forgot to add. The Man In The High Castle full season is available today. opcorn:
    Good show!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Forgot to add. The Man In The High Castle full season is available today. opcorn:
    Excellent.

I have been on the look out!

Amazon Prime just added another really good deal. They have monthly subscriptions to all of Showtime and Starz content. $8.99 a mo. for each and they have a few other genre related subs that are cheaper. The great deal is they all have a 7 day trial. So if you are just looking to catch up on one show, it's free. I am going with Showtime for a month to catch up on Homeland, Masters of Sex and watch a couple of show like Ray Donovan that I have not seen. Cancel at the end of the month and do the same thing with Starz, which has a couple of shows I wanted to see but were not available outside of purchasing a season.

I just did a special preview of a potential show on Amazon called Fleabag. Man I hope this makes the Prime Channel. It was like Legit with Jim Jeffries, but with a British female lead who is great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

You can now subscribe monthly to HBO for $14.99 a month. There is also a 30 day free trial. Just in time for Vice Principals and Westworld.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 12-01-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Is Prime $99 US? It's $75 or $79C over here but doesn't have the same number of perks. We don't get amazon video at all and the Kindle family sharing isn't an option either which is a bummer for me personally. But the 20% off new video games (and within two weeks of release) with release day shipping is a very good thing and I am using it for a year. No minimum shipping fee is nice too, especially after its $35 in Canada. Haven't really used that yet though. But the video game discount is the number one reason for me with the games my family gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Is Prime $99 US? It's $75 or $79C over here but doesn't have the same number of perks. We don't get amazon video at all and the Kindle family sharing isn't an option either which is a bummer for me personally. But the 20% off new video games (and within two weeks of release) with release day shipping is a very good thing and I am using it for a year. No minimum shipping fee is nice too, especially after its $35 in Canada. Haven't really used that yet though. But the video game discount is the number one reason for me with the games my family gets.
    I've been watching Man in the High Castle on PRIME. Overall I am really liking it. So much so that I picked up the book. Prime video in Canada is pretty weak. However the music and unlimited file storage are nice perks.

I re-upped with Amazon Prime but am not sure if I made the right call. The problem is my subscription date is mid November. We do a lot of online shopping and that's when Prime is nice to have for quick shipping and no minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I re-upped with Amazon Prime but am not sure if I made the right call. The problem is my subscription date is mid November. We do a lot of online shopping and that's when Prime is nice to have for quick shipping and no minimum.
    This year I have taken advantage of it but the problem is the rest of the year I don't use it.

We now have 3 Amazon Echos and I’m considering the Spot when it comes out on Dec. 19th. We have some smartplugs for a few things in the house. Having a smart home is more awesome than I anticipated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    We now have 3 Amazon Echos and I’m considering the Spot when it comes out on Dec. 19th. We have some smartplugs for a few things in the house. Having a smart home is more awesome than I anticipated.

Interesting. What exactly is the appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Interesting. What exactly is the appeal?
    It’s like having remote controls for everything connected except you don’t need a physical controller. Just your voice. For instance, my Christmas tree is in the office in front of the window. I don’t need to walk in there to turn it on or off. I can just say, “Alexa, turn on the Christmas tree” (from any room where we have an Echo), and it’ll turn on.

The bedroom Echo is the alarm. I set it simply by saying, “Alexa, set an alarm for 5 am on weekdays.” When it goes off in the morning, I say, “Alexa, stop.” Then I say, “Alexa, Good morning.” After she hears that, she gives me the weather forecast, the top news stories, and current traffic for my work commute. It really is cool when you set it up.

We have Prime which comes with a basic level of Amazon music. My wife has the subscription service added on to have access to far more music and she loves just asking for a specific song that she wants to hear and having it played.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    It’s like having remote controls for everything connected except you don’t need a physical controller. Just your voice. For instance, my Christmas tree is in the office in front of the window. I don’t need to walk in there to turn it on or off. I can just say, “Alexa, turn on the Christmas tree” (from any room where we have an Echo), and it’ll turn on.

The bedroom Echo is the alarm. I set it simply by saying, “Alexa, set an alarm for 5 am on weekdays.” When it goes off in the morning, I say, “Alexa, stop.” Then I say, “Alexa, Good morning.” After she hears that, she gives me the weather forecast, the top news stories, and current traffic for my work commute. It really is cool when you set it up.

We have Prime which comes with a basic level of Amazon music. My wife has the subscription service added on to have access to far more music and she loves just asking for a specific song that she wants to hear and having it played.

So is this basically the same as Google Home or is it a different type of service altogether?