Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 1, 2015

• Facebook
  • Display

Week 1, 2015

=============== #16 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== #22 Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers will host Ole Miss (0-0).

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Piscataway to face the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (0-0).

=============== #10 Miami Hurricanes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hurricanes are idle.

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (0-0).

=============== #17 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #3 USC (0-0).

=============== Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks travel to Athens to face the Georgia Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== #3 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Trojans travel to University Park to face the #6 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0).

=============== #12 Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hokies will host Kentucky (0-0).

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Longhorns will host Baylor (0-0).

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers are idle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the best team right now that I have had the entire time I have been playing with you guys, and I just got my ass kicked by kentucky! I could not run the ball at all, I had a total of 22 yards rushing on 22 attempts. I was 10 of 30 on 248 yards passing and 2 tds. Every time I would get a play I got called for holding. I went 1 of 11 on 3rd down. Lost 1 fumble but put the ball down 4 times despite holding the cover ball button every time I got tackled. I threw 6 interceptions and had linebackers swatting down 40 yard passes from 10 yards past the LOS.

I can't play with you guys, you are just too good for me. I have no idea how I can take a B+ A- B+ team and get annihilated by a straight C team and you guys put up a 40 point margin performance on an A straight team. Maybe it's the sliders, maybe I just suck, but I am seriously considering quitting this dynasty. I have had fun, but the of the last 6 or 8 games I have played, I have only truely enjoyed 2 of them. Win or lose, the other 6 I was completely unhappy the entire time. I keep thinking that I will get better or I will figure out ways to compete, but it's becoming obvious that is not going to happen. On PS2, I used to absolutely destroy everyone I played, but since next gen, I cannot play this game apparently.

I haven't fully decided yet, but I am leaning toward quitting the dynasty. It's just absolutely no fun to get demolished by underrated teams on a regular basis and then not even being able to score a single effin point against a user. Those I have played tell me that I do a good job and I play well, but the results don't lie. Probably noone else in the dynasty will lose their opener unless it's a user/user game. I am completely dejected right now and have almost decided that I will not even buy next years release of this game.

Damn, sorry to hear you are thinking of quitting RC. I kind of feel like I am somewhat responsible considering your downward spiral has come since our game.

RC,

Are you changing any of the coaching strategies to aggressive, since you stated you are getting a lot of penalties I think that may be part of the problem. I am going to look over your team and see what I may think is going on. I have tweaked the sliders a bit to bring scoring and stats more in line but there's a big difference between the games you've played against us and the results you are seeing from the CPU games.

I believe you said you had the ability to record games, if possible could you record your next CPU game, I'd like to see the enitre thing including plays called so I can get a better handle on what may be happening.

I have a few times changed the game strategy, but every time I have it has been negative, so I don't change any of them anymore. I just leave them all balanced. If I get a huge lead I change tempo to conservative but other than that everything on both O and D are balanced. I will try to record my next game and post it. Problem is the next game will probably be way different. I do have some weaknesses on the line, but my receivers are pretty good, my HB and QB are very good. I am off the next two days (today and tomorrow) but I am getting some dental work done this AM and will probably feel like the elephant man (today at least). I wish the game would allow you to play a scrimmage game with your OL Dynasty team.

One thing I have noticed that is an absolute problem (besides the momentum engine, which causes teams to totally shut you down once they get a good lead) in my games is that it seems that space blocking by the CPU is superb regardless of their ratings but regardless of my team ratings my teams space blocking sucks. And ohh my God the fumbles. My HB has a 77 carry rating but fumbles the ball 4 times a game sometimes.

Used to when you pressed the dive button or the big hit button, if you were running in the general direction of the ball carrier, the CPU would interpret your actions and dive your player toward the ball carrier for the tackle. It seems this year that if you are not pointing the stick perfectly at the ball carrier, you will dive off to the side like an idiot. I can not get accustomed to the new change players logic. I used to be able to press change players and anticipate exactly who it would change me to to the point that I could press {change players} then {dive or big hit} and a perfect tackle would ensue. Now, the thing will change you to someone who has no chance on the play and sometimes it will change you two or three times to a player who is underneath the play when there are 2 saftey's over the play in position to make a play that it won't change you to and the CPU will beat them.

The CPU Backs break tackles on my defense like crazy but my back doesn't seem to be able to break but one or two tackles.

Offensive starters (different formations)

QB

HB

FB

TE

WR

O Line
    Last edited by RcSinger; 02-15-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Defensive Starters

D Line

Linebackers

Secondary
    Last edited by RcSinger; 02-15-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Not sure what sliders you guys use, but your offensive line is definitely rough inside RC. They're pretty decent at runblocking though so you shouldn't be getting absolutely stuffed like you have been though. Of course, again, I don't know what you guys use as sliders or what difficulty you're playing on.

psuexv, we on for tonight?

I bought an AK47 the other day and about 150 rounds of ammo, I am thinking about taking my game to the range and see how many i can put through the hole in the middle of the disc from 100 yards with iron sights.

As for the fumbles, you do hold R1 when taking a hit right?

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    psuexv, we on for tonight?
    Sure

yea the inside line has PB and RB below 80 which is really tough, the game does take into account base PB and RB not just the individual RBS and RBF etc...

Also try not to make any jukes once the defender is engaging your player, that is where most of fumbles come from, and i hold R1 down most of the time.

is everyone doing the Oneback no offer schollie trick now? lol no one on my list of 31 players has an offer besides an offer from me.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    Also try not to make any jukes once the defender is engaging your player, that is where most of fumbles come from, and i hold R1 down most of the time.
    This is the root of many fumbles for me. When I get a little careless, out comes the ball because of doing silly things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Sure
    Sweet, looking forward to this matchup since last season.

is everyone doing the Oneback no offer schollie trick now? lol no one on my list of 31 players has an offer besides an offer from me.
    That's good info to know. I have 2 guys on my board that I offered and you are real high on as well. If you're not seeing my offers that must mean you are not going after them..... sweet.

Are you on the console or the Wire? If you on the console you won't see others offers until Week 2.

yep, of course im doing onebacks trick on a few players as well ive only offered the guys i was #1 on mostly. this is the first season i was #1 on more then like 3 of the espnu150, i had like 8 or 9 this year.

If I'm #1 I offer just like FSU, other wise I try to wait but there are a few that I felt I needed the jump on so I offered to show I was interested. I might have even offered a guy or two that I have no interest in signing just to show everyone on his board that I was going to be a player in his recruitment when the reality it is only to make that coach use up some more of his time.