Thread: Super Street Fighter IV

• Facebook
  • Display

Super Street Fighter IV

Anyone have this? I just got it on Amazon for $30 + a $10 voucher for a future game purchase (maybe Alan Wake if it drops to $45 or something like Amazon likes to do on fairly new releases).

I had a blast with Street Fighter IV. Figured for $30 I'll get my worth out of it and my Tekken 6 wireless fight stick.

I'm still waiting for a Street Fighter Alpha 3 version on the PSN. Might get Super Street Fighter IV though. I'm still getting my ass kicked on HD Remix, so it's hard to justify paying a decent amount for a new edition of a game I suck at

Though Street Fighter is one of my long-time loves, so it's also hard to resist.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'm still waiting for a Street Fighter Alpha 3 version on the PSN. Might get Super Street Fighter IV though. I'm still getting my ass kicked on HD Remix, so it's hard to justify paying a decent amount for a new edition of a game I suck at

Though Street Fighter is one of my long-time loves, so it's also hard to resist.
    $30 for more than just an update of Street Fighter IV is a great price for a brand new game plus you'll get $10 off another game at Amazon. I'm putting up my Street Fighter IV copy up on eBay too, so in the end I'm probably paying $15-$20.

I guess it's more responsible of me to say that it's hard to justify that purchase consider how badly I suck, in general, at the Street Fighter series, ANNNNDDD how many games I already have waiting to be played. Mod Nation coming next week, then Transformers in June and NCAA in July. And I still have Heavy Rain and InFamous to platinum.

I guess it's more responsible of me to say that it's hard to justify that purchase consider how badly I suck, in general, at the Street Fighter series, ANNNNDDD how many games I already have waiting to be played. Mod Nation coming next week, then Transformers in June and NCAA in July. And I still have Heavy Rain and InFamous to platinum.
    This is true....sadly I have at least 15 unopened games, and I just bought Super Street Fighter IV, then used the $10 coupon I got from Amazon on Splinter Cell: Conviction tonight. Hi, my name is Jeremy, and I'm a gaming addict.

I still have Resistance to finish and an unopened Resistance 2 Collector's Edition to follow that with (d'oh!)

And I still have Heavy Rain and InFamous to platinum.
    Words can not describe how proud I am of you.

Good luck if you plan on getting the platinum for Resistance 2. You'll need it.

Haha. Well I was planning to Platinum both of them from the very beginning. My original plan was to get them, NCAA, and Buzz Quiz TV all in the same month to blow away the Trophy Whore spotlight that month.

Didn't end up happening, obviously.

No plans to Plat Resistance 2. Just want to get around to playing it. I practically will never platinum a title that requires online for Platinum. MNR will probably be an exception, and sports titles obviously are.

On the bright side you won the Whore of the Month with only NCAA! I'll get to the Heavy Rain platinum some day. inFAMOUS is relatively easy, it's just really time consuming. Some of the trick moves trophies are a pain in the ass, though. The Resistance 2 platinum and I have been battling since it released in November 2008. One of the trophies is to get 10,000 kills on competitive multiplayer, and I've been sitting at 4,000 forever because no one plays the game anymore. Fuckers.

Gamestop got in on the SSFIV fun as well, offering it for $27.99 with a $10 coupon. Tempting.

Got the Trick Moves. Was down to 3 blast shards and couldn't find any of them. I've still got to finish the Evil playthrough on Hard, and I should be able to pick up the shards as I play it through. Just need to grit down and do it.

Just borrowed Heavy Rain, and just need to do some grunt work on The Saboteur and I'll have a platinum in that. Doubt I'll try to plat Heavy Rain, but we'll see. I hear Dante's Inferno is simple to plat, that's one of the unopened games sitting here.

Super Street Fighter IV won't be a platinum either. I'm just getting it cuz I love the series so much.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I hear Dante's Inferno is simple to plat, that's one of the unopened games sitting here.
    Ehh...kind of. It's very comparable to the God of War games both in terms of gameplay and trophy difficulty. There's a bunch of items you need to find and you do have to beat the game on the hardest difficulty level and max out everything. I got it and enjoyed it, but I absolutely love those style of games. It did take me a good while.

Firing this up now....we'll see if it is much different or better than SFIV.

Just tried to dig into the arcade mode. I'm having a hard time pulling off my special moves....a little rusty. It might be the Tekken 6 Fight Stick I have too...it's okay but the parts aren't the best.