Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

• Facebook
  • Display
    Rose Bowl

Home Band (ORE): Front of Section 27
    Away Band (tOSU): Front of Section 14
    *May also be temporary bleachers in front of sections.*

Last edited by cdj; 01-24-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Army - Navy - Lincoln Financial Field

Navy Band: Front of Section 128 & 127
    Army Band: Front of Sections 131 & 132
    *Sections seem to somewhat change each year.*

'Home' Band:

'Away' Band:

Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 10:58 AM.

CU-CSU - Invesco Field at Mile High

Colorado State Band: Section 115
    Colorado Band: Section 132

Colorado Band
    Last edited by cdj; 01-24-2011 at 01:40 AM.

As of 10:45 AM CT, 1/24/11:

• Temple - Section 109 or 115? Going with 116 based on videos.
    • Beef O'Brady's Bowl - Away Band Location
    • Big 10 Championship - No Historical Data, Educated Guess Needed
    • Hawaii Bowl - Home Band Location

If there are any errors or something that's been missed, make sure to post it.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this project, including community members from the EA Forums, Operation Sports, The Gaming Tailgate, Tradition Football, and Twitter. Special thanks to Owen Good & Kotaku for highlighting this community project.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-24-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    This may kinda sound off topic but, will the fight songs and other music sound more like the actual band played it this year or not?
    Hear-hear. It'd be nice if the bands sounded "live" rather than as if the audio was piped directly into the ESPN/ABC/EASN broadcast.

Also, in response to the massive midnight-2 am effort to "finish" this:
    'Twas six months before release, when all through the forum
    Not a creature was stirring, except for cdj, gschwendt, Paakaa and JB;

The stadiums were posted in the Announcements with care,
    In hopes that Ben Haumiller soon would be there;

The four were red-eyed at their computer screen,
    While visions of band sections danced in their heads;

(Okay, I'm not going to butcher that any more)
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The four were red-eyed at their computer screen,
    While visions of band sections danced in their heads;
    I won't lie....I think I've seen stadiums in my sleep the last two nights. I'm glad the worst is over!

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I won't lie....I think I've seen stadiums in my sleep the last two nights. I'm glad the worst is over!
    Better than Tetris pieces or Rock Band notes....I've had those dancing in my sleep before.

UCF - BrightHouse Stadium

Section: 201

I feel like I'm obligated to fix this, being a member of the UCF Marching Knights this past season. The band no longer sits in the section you posted, as that was our old spot. We now sit in the middle of the student section, in section 201.

Now this is an older picture, so the seats are filled but it shows the location of where the band sits now.

EDIT (cdj)

Pic from past season. You can make out the band in Section 201:

Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 01:37 AM.

I've been killing our poor limited internet connection over the past weekend with searching through gigantic images of college football stadiums and holding the laptop screen to my face when I couldn't zoom in close enough. My college--the University of Maine Black Bears--had a crappy football team and I only went to one game, and now I know more about where the bands sit at any other stadium than I do about where the band sat at my alma mater.

This was a hell of a job, fellas. I'm proud to have been a part of this effort. I can't wait until the team can finally put these band sections in the game--whenever that will be, I'd expect a few titles from now--because then I can look at those bands in their sections and know that I WAS PART OF THAT. I looked for that band section, I got together with other people to figure it out, and we got it done so that the team could get it in the game.

Great weekend.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 01-24-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Big Ten Championship Game -- Lucas Oil Stadium

Based on the common "neutral" site championship game/bowl band locations, I'd be willing to "predict" one of the following scenarios:

1.) Mirrored Endzones (Sections 125 and 152 OR Sections 102 and 128)* Educated Guess based on similar stadiums.

2.) Mirrored Sidelines (Sections 117 and 144 OR Sections 109 and 136)

Seating Chart:

Link to .PDF version: http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/Asset...otball_Set.pdf

I'd say that we could go with either set up and either pairing of sections and be good going forward. We'll be able to update this for sure once the inaugural championship game is played next December anyway.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-24-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Based on the common "neutral" site championship game/bowl band locations, I'd be willing to "predict" one of the following scenarios:

1.) Mirrored Endzones (Sections 125 and 152 OR Sections 102 and 128)

2.) Mirrored Sidelines (Sections 117 and 144 OR Sections 109 and 136)

I'd say that we could go with either set up and either pairing of sections and be good going forward. We'll be able to update this for sure once the inaugural championship game is played next December anyway.
    I like the mirrored endzones. It seems like it was the smaller bowls that use the mirrored sidelines, but bigger bowls have bands in the end zones. You make the call though and I will post it as our educated guess.

I like the mirrored endzones. It seems like it was the smaller bowls that use the mirrored sidelines, but bigger bowls have bands in the end zones. You make the call though and I will post it as our educated guess.
    Sure, put it on my head so when my guess is wrong and these end up in the game down the road some Big Ten guy roasts me for it .

I like the Mirrored Endzones because--as you said and as we've seen through research--that's often how it's done for indoor neutral site games.

Let's go with Sections 125 and 152 (because they contain the same numbers and that makes it feel right).

Yeah for Lucas Oil, I think we could just make the suggestion for them to follow. Wouldn't hurt since we will be seeing it in this year's game.

Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl -- Tropicana Field -- AWAY BAND LOCATION

We already have the home team band's location, and now I've found the away team band location.

Home Band: 138 & 140
    AWAY BAND: 111 & 113

Seating Chart:

Pictures with the away band in the background and some sweaty dudes in front of them:

You can see the section label for 209 above the band in the first picture above, which is how I got the section here.

Added info for Away Band to earlier post for Home Band. Only Temple (I still think 109 ) and Hawaii Bowl Home Band remain.

The Temple Football Dilemma

Here are some more reference pictures of Lincoln Financial Field to try and narrow down what sectiont the band is sitting in.

No bands in sight on this end:

No band in this closed corner:

The band MIGHT be congregated to the far right of this photo:

I'm no expert on what sections these represent, however. Maybe it'll help sway the argument either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Here are some more reference pictures of Lincoln Financial Field to try and narrow down what sectiont the band is sitting in.
    Pic 1 is showing the wrong end of the field... the band is either to the left or the right of the photographer but out of frame.

Pic 2 is showing "my" corner as empty, unfortunately we don't see the other corner :/

Pic 3 is showing both corners as empty but it's still during warm-up so it's probably too early.

Hawaii Bowl -- Aloha Stadium -- HOME BAND SECTION

These pictures are a bit older, but I doubt that the sections change very much. Looks like Hawaii's band is sitting in Section R.

Seating Chart:

We already have the away band section, but it's on the left side of this picture:

EDIT

My initial report was wrong; upon further review, looks like the band sits in Section R.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 01-24-2011 at 10:08 AM.

I'm guessing that Hawaii gets to sit in their Home Band location even when designated the Away team in the Hawaii Bowl. I'll get the sections changed and posted.

Away Band looks to be in RR in bottom pic, but not in the first pic. Personally, I say we go with it. (Maybe they are mirrored in EE or E?)

Hawaii is actually in Section R. Ignore the field art in the seating guide and look at the huge tunnel, indicated on chart. IIRC, baseballplyrmvp's pic from earlier showed the R seating sign in the pic.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-24-2011 at 10:12 AM.

I'm guessing that Hawaii gets to sit in their Home Band location even when designated the Away team in the Hawaii Bowl. I'll get the sections changed and posted.
    If the coloration of the sections in the real-life photo matches the seating color in the seating chart, then I'd say Section E for the other band.