Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Just wanted to bring this up so that we could figure out what we want to do about it. I haven't found any seating chart or photograph that shows anything in terms of where the band sits at Fouts Field, the current/former home of the North Texas Mean Green.

The team is actually slated to begin playing in an as-yet-unnamed new stadium for the 2011 season, which obviously will have no reference materials to work with in terms of establishing where the band would sit.

Do we want to keep trying to look for where the band sits/sat at Fouts Field, even though a new stadium will likely be in play beginning this fall?
    I'd say we try and figure out where it was in the old stadium and provide that for an 'educated guess' for their new stadium if it is in NCAA 12. Sometimes new stadiums don't get in unless the team gets a chance to visit it once officially opened to get measurements, pics, etc. as was the case with Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Based on this pic, maybe 127? There seems to be a mass concentration of white in that area by the cheerleaders. This may be one we can't solve...

EDIT - Actually, those look like tubas in the lower left which would place the band in 135 or 136 or so.
    i think i might have found a picture close enough. But again this looks like a pre-renovation picture
    [SCROLL TO THE VERY BOTTOM]
    http://alumni.wku.edu/s/808/images/e...tadium1280.jpg

They are cut off in the bottom right.
    Last edited by OSUCowboyofMD; 02-19-2011 at 11:11 AM.

OSU, if you're talking about the picture in the bottom row on the left, that's the same one I linked to. It's definitely pre-renovation.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Colorado State - Hughes Stadium

Section: Front 3/4 of N

Based on this video:
    Spoiler: show

The band sits at the 50 yard line of the student section taking up about the bottom 3/4s
    Section N??

Panorama (Link)
    Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 04:33 PM.

I just wanted to start today off with another round of thanks and congratulations for all who have been part of this conversation and research to help the NCAA development team. As a few have said, I'm sure nobody down at EA HQ would've expected us to put forth these results within just a few days of web-based research. The well seems to be drying up at the other three places that this call has been posted--except for the odd contributor telling us something we already have written down--so it looks like it's down to us to continue the research on the last few school stadiums and what we have left of the bowl games.

Chris (cdj), do note that the Sun Bowl sponsorship has changed to Hyundai from Brut; just didn't want there to be any confusion when you go through and add to our tally and see that I've listed it as the "Hyundai Sun Bowl" in my post.

I'll literally be driving out of Maine on my way to Michigan at this time next week, so my research and posting availability here might be a little limited as we get our things packed in the week to come. I'll try to make the time to search and add at least one section--based on what's left over--each night leading up to then.

Thanks all!

I'd say we try and figure out where it was in the old stadium and provide that for an 'educated guess' for their new stadium if it is in NCAA 12. Sometimes new stadiums don't get in unless the team gets a chance to visit it once officially opened to get measurements, pics, etc. as was the case with Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium.
    This is a good point. Makes sense to plan for Fouts Field then because it might be a few years of development before the team can get bands in their sections anyway. From the Wikipedia on the new stadium, it didn't sound 100% promising for North Texas playing there on time either. At least we can probably consult NCAA 11 and look at Fouts Field to try and figure out where the student section is versus the away team section for a start.

Based on this pic, maybe 127? There seems to be a mass concentration of white in that area by the cheerleaders. This may be one we can't solve...

EDIT - Actually, those look like tubas in the lower left which would place the band in 135 or 136 or so.
    You've got way better eyes than I do if you're seeing tubas in the lower left of that picture haha. In some of these cases, we might need to just do the best that we can and then leave it to the dev team to actually contact athletic departments or something. At least with these pictures we've provided something to work with when this becomes something they can do in the game.

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl -- AT&T Park

The Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl--formerly known as the Emerald Bowl--is played annually at the home of the San Francisco Giants, AT&T Park. I have yet to play that bowl myself in NCAA 11, but I'm assuming that the team doesn't have the license to use the actual stadium. Regardless, I've tried to do some research on where the bands sit. Here's the seating chart:

Home Band: Front of Section 137
    Away Band: Front of Section 108

The California band sat in Section 137 according to these pictures from the 2008 game:

This picture MIGHT show where the other band sits--in Section 108 or so behind the opposite end zone--but I'm not sure because it might just be an empty section:

I have yet to see a shot that shows a band on either side of the field, so I'm thinking that bands are behind endzones.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Eastern Michigan - Rynearson Stadium

Section: Front of 102

http://easterneagles.wordpress.com/2...arson-stadium/

the EMU Marching Band, “The Pride of the Peninsula” currently sits at the front of section 102, and generally speaking,
    Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg -- Tropicana Field

I've seen video of the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl in NCAA 11 and I'm pretty sure it's just contested in a generic outdoor stadium for the sake of the game; another one of those issues with licensing the actual Tropicana Field layout, assuredly. Nonetheless, since this research is being done for future reference, here's the seating chart:

Home (LOU) Band: Front of Sections 140 & 138 (Better pic)
    Away (USM) Band:

Here's a live shot to show the layout in the stadium:

Haven't been able to find any really solid pictures of the crowd during the game being played at this point, however.

EDIT

Wouldn't blow me out of the water to learn that the bands sit behind the endzones in the same way that they do at AT&T Park for the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl/Emerald Bowl, however. Seems to be a preferred arrangement for these football-in-baseball-stadium setups.

We already have the home team band's location, and now I've found the away team band location.

Home Band: 138 & 140
    AWAY BAND: 111 & 113

Seating Chart:

Pictures with the away band in the background and some sweaty dudes in front of them:

You can see the section label for 209 above the band in the first picture above, which is how I got the section here.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-24-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    You've got way better eyes than I do if you're seeing tubas in the lower left of that picture haha. In some of these cases, we might need to just do the best that we can and then leave it to the dev team to actually contact athletic departments or something. At least with these pictures we've provided something to work with when this becomes something they can do in the game.
    Actually, now that I look at it with a night's rest, those aren't tubas but rather the other team's cheerleaders (or people in yellow/gold). I'm baffled on where their band may be. My guess now is back to 127 (approximately) by the cheerleaders in red.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Texas Bowl -- Reliant Stadium

Now I KNOW that Reliant Stadium is in the NCAA games, so this one is more relevant in the short term; looks like one team band (Away band) sits in Section 135 and the other (Home band) sits in Section 115 on the seating chart below:

Here are images from the game being played in 2006:

Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Music City Bowl -- LP Field

Another bowl game at an NFL field that I'm pretty certain is in NCAA; the bands sit in Sections 122 (Away) and 145 (Home) on the seating chart:

The following picture from the 2008 game is pretty clear about the locations:

On the far right of this 2009 game picture, you can see the bandleader's ladder in front of the band section behind the endzone:

Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 05:05 PM.

TicketCity Bowl -- Cotton Bowl Stadium

There's only been one TicketCity Bowl--this year's--but the stadium it is played it is far older and more historic. As far as I can tell from recent pictures of games played at the Cotton Bowl, the bands are seated in Sections 28 (Away) and 9 (Home):

Here are some pictures, first from the 2007 game:

Another picture from the same game in case anybody thinks I'm slightly off for section numbers:

Don't have the year for this picture, but the band is fairly easy to find:

Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Cotton Bowl Classic -- Cowboys Stadium

And after a post about the old Cotton Bowl Stadium, might as well follow it up with the band information on the new Cotton Bowl Classic held at Cowboys Stadium; I can be pretty sure that the LSU band is in Section 145.

Home Band: Section 145
    Away Band: Section 120

You can see the SEC band section on the left side of the image behind these ladies:

Another view of that same band section from a different seat in the stadium:

A&M Band open section here (Link)
    Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Sugar Bowl -- Louisiana Superdome

From the historical pictures I've looked at for the Sugar Bowl at the Superdome, it would appear that the bands have special seating at field level during the course of the game; I don't have a good picture that shows both bands, but I would assume that these sections mirror one another. Let's begin with the seating chart:

Virginia Tech's band on the right side of the picture:

Alabama's band at the top left of the picture at field level:

LSU's band at the top left at field level:

Both Bands on Field Level, Opposite Sides

Both bands, field level opposite sides

Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Actually, now that I look at it with a night's rest, those aren't tubas but rather the other team's cheerleaders (or people in yellow/gold).
    Yeah ... I wondered what the hell you were seeing last night, but decided to let it go in case I was missing something

Also, Paakaa, your Virginia Tech image in the last post is a broken link.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Also, Paakaa, your Virginia Tech image in the last post is a broken link.
    If you click on it, it should open the full-size image; just did that and it worked for me. True that it doesn't show up within the post itself, however.

Insight Bowl -- Sun Devil Stadium

This is also the home of the Arizona State Sun Devils, whose band sits in Section 37; from the actual Insight Bowl images I've been looking through, however, I've found a band placed in Section 24:

Home Band: Section 24
    Away Band: Section 13

Here is the accompanying live image; note the section labels:

A wider-angle shot presumable looking at the same band section:

Haven't found any shots that show multiple bands yet.

EDIT (cdj)

Both Bands

Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Chick-fil-A Bowl -- Georgia Dome

This was far easier than I expected it to be; the bands sit in Sections (Away) 108 and (Home) 123:

Empty space where Virginia Tech's band would be sitting:

Band seated on the opposite side of the field from the above image:

Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 06:16 PM.