Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Rutgers

Paakaa - I've found a 2010 pic that has them in the bleachers, but not sure what section. Appears to be with students.
    Well crap haha. Guess that screws my post on it. My wife was grumbling earlier because I was downloading huge stadium pictures and killing our network connection while she was watching Netflix; she thinks we should be emailing the schools directly to ask where their bands sit instead of doing all this haha.

EDIT

I'd agree with the front of Section 138 based on that picture compared to the seating chart.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 01-22-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Well crap haha. Guess that screws my post on it. My wife was grumbling earlier because I was downloading huge stadium pictures and killing our network connection while she was watching Netflix; she thinks we should be emailing the schools directly to ask where their bands sit instead of doing all this haha.
    I've reached out to schools in the past on aspects. We'd be extremely lucky to get responses from 25%.

I've reached out to schools in the past on aspects. We'd be extremely lucky to get responses from 25%.
    Doesn't surprise me given how poorly some of the sites are set up. Going through the 120 college athletics sites was eye-opening, to say the least haha.

Pinstripe Bowl - Yankee Stadium

Panoramic Image

Seating Chart (PDF)

Home Band: Section 239
    Away Band: Section 201

MTSU - Johnny Floyd Stadium

Section: 3E 471

Seating chart

Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    The numbers look good to me; nice find!

Tulsa - Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium

Section: Front of 107

Seating Chart (PDF)

Home Band: Front of Section 107
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dscott28604/3099151874/

Away Band: Front of Section 101
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dscott28604/3098321241/
    Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Hyundai Sun Bowl Game -- Sun Bowl Stadium

Away Band: Front of Section 8
    Home Band: Front of Section 19

Notre Dame band in this picture:

And another picture from a past year's game.

Miami Band Location (Empty) (Link)

Miami Band in bleachers:

No idea where the visiting band sits or where the UTEP band sits; the student section for UTEP, however, is apparently on the other side of the stadium.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-23-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Based on some finagling with the seating chart...

http://www.stubhub.com/data/venue_ma...d_Football.png

Looks like the home band sits at the bottom of Section 107 based on the picture; the away band would then be in Section 101.

EDIT

However, those sections would seem to disagree with the labeling on the official athletic site's seating chart here: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ng-diagram.pdf On that chart, Section 107 would be the visiting section and Section 101 would be the home student section. Maybe it hasn't been updated lately?

Western Michigan Broncos -- Waldo Stadium

Western Michigan - Waldo Stadium

Section: Back half of R

The Western Michigan band sits in the back half of Section R in the Student Section of Waldo Stadium; here's the seating chart:

And live photographs:

And a shot of the empty band section:

Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Vanderbilt Commodores -- Vanderbilt Stadium

Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt Stadium

Home Band: Front of Section Q
    Away Band: Front of Section U

Per wEEman33 at OperationSports.com...

This is one of the worst "official" seating charts I've found in the past few days of searching.

According to that seating chart, who knows what section you would say the band is in based on this picture:

I would say between Sections P & Q. Based on this next seating chart, it looks more like Section Q; really hard to tell how high up the band is sitting though.
    Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Fresno

So are we saying S38 or S37? Based on this pic, I think it's S38:
    S38 looks right. The Seating Chart specifies they're in S38, and based on the pics, I think that's right. It may be one half of S38 at the worst, but it's hard to tell, so going with the seating chart is a safe bet, since the pics seem to corroborate.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 01-22-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

North Texas Mean Green -- Stadium Note

Just wanted to bring this up so that we could figure out what we want to do about it. I haven't found any seating chart or photograph that shows anything in terms of where the band sits at Fouts Field, the current/former home of the North Texas Mean Green.

The team is actually slated to begin playing in an as-yet-unnamed new stadium for the 2011 season, which obviously will have no reference materials to work with in terms of establishing where the band would sit.

Do we want to keep trying to look for where the band sits/sat at Fouts Field, even though a new stadium will likely be in play beginning this fall?

Yeah, I think NT is going to be a really hard one ...

Could ask Lar1212 if he can help us out.

No photographic proof whatsoever here, but I have two separate seating charts which would seem to correllate a band section; can't be 100% without pictures, but I haven't been able to find good photos of the stadium.

Here is an incomplete StubHub seating chart listing where the band sits:

The .PDF file of the seating chart is slightly different--sections aren't labeled with letters and there are seats on both sides--but the section identified as band seating in the StubHub image corresponds to student seating Section 135:

http://www.wkusports.com//pdf4/63567...DB_OEM_ID=5400
    This is the only pic I can find, but there are no distinguishing points in it. However, you can tell WKU is in their own territory and - correct me if wrong - I'm not seeing a way to recreate that picture if they are still in Sec. 135. The pic is from 2008, so you'd think it would override the seating chart that didn't even have the other set of stands shown yet.

Last edited by cdj; 01-22-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Up to #166 in compiling. Will pick back up tomorrow afternoon. Awesome job, everyone. Very impressive.

On that chart, Section 107 would be the visiting section and Section 101 would be the home student section. Maybe it hasn't been updated lately?
    I actually think it's saying that there's a small segment of allocated visitors' seating in 107/108, not labeling the entire section as such.

Here's the 2008 seating chart ... it's slightly (only slightly) better: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ting-chart.pdf

Based on some other photos I've found, there are definitely Tulsa fans sitting in the 107/108 sections, so I think I'm right about there just being a small designated "Visiting Team" area ... probably for Will Call tickets.

The pic is from 2008, so you'd think it would override the seating chart that didn't even have the other set of stands shown yet.
    This looks like a pre-renovation picture, and from the number of color-coordinated people on the right side of the picture, I'd say the band was in 135. Based on your picture, I'd say put them in the smack middle of the away side of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    This looks like a pre-renovation picture, and from the number of color-coordinated people on the right side of the picture, I'd say the band was in 135. Based on your picture, I'd say put them in the smack middle of the away side of the stadium.
    Based on this pic, maybe 127? There seems to be a mass concentration of white in that area by the cheerleaders. This may be one we can't solve...

EDIT - Actually, those look like tubas in the lower left which would place the band in 135 or 136 or so.
    Last edited by cdj; 01-22-2011 at 11:05 PM.