Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

• Facebook
  • Display

Iowa State Cyclones -- Jack Trice Stadium

Iowa State - Jack Trice Stadium

Section: Portable Bleachers in front of JAC

Per huntt26 at OperationSports.com:

Apparently the white squares in front of the Jacobson Athletic Center behind the endzone in the stadium are bleachers for the band to play on during the game. A picture was included:

I also found this image to support it:

The bleachers would be on the top-left in front of the building behind the endzone.

And the best image:

Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    We here at TGT give you a HUGE thanks for the effort today....you helped out a TON!
    Haha, I appreciate it, man. It's been a good time today. Nice to have little projects like these come down from the dev team so we can feel we're helping to make the game somehow.

Arkansas - DW Reynolds Razorback Stadium

Section: Front of 117

Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Auburn - Jordan-Hare Stadium

Section: East part of 21

Seating Chart (PDF)

Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Baylor - Floyd Casey Stadium

Section: Front of N

Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Baylor Bears -- Floyd Casey Stadium

With help from Brandon at OperationSports.com:

Band apparently sits in bottom of Sections N, O, and P behind the Visitors Bench.

It may, however, only be a single section; as shown by this image here:

Haha, we both posted Baylor within 10 minutes of each other. How cool are we? :-p

Boise State - Bronco Stadium

Section: North Half of 22

Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Boise State - Bronco Stadium

Section 23
    This might just be me, but I think the band is sitting in Section 22 for two reasons; it doesn't look like they're lined up with the 50 yard line and Section 23 seats go for $925. Band members can't afford that! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    This might just be me, but I think the band is sitting in Section 22 for two reasons; it doesn't look like they're lined up with the 50 yard line and Section 23 seats go for $925. Band members can't afford that! Haha.
    I caught that as well. The seating charts for Boise aren't friendly when it comes to matching up the tunnels/sections. For now, I'm going with the North (left) part of Section 22.

I caught that as well. The seating charts for Boise aren't friendly when it comes to matching up the tunnels/sections. For now, I'm going with the North (left) part of Section 22.
    I "love" how non-standardized the seating charts are; some colleges are so nice and list the band sections right on the charts, and some have just awful chart images that do no good whatsoever to help the cause. I figure that you've got it close enough though.

As well, if you look closely at the image, you can see "122" and "123" on the entrances from the upper deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    I "love" how non-standardized the seating charts are
    Hey now, let's just be glad we live in a time where we can find seating charts for every stadium. Sometimes I can't even find directions to arenas/stadiums, because of how lackluster their websites are. Let alone seating charts.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 01-21-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm going to call it a night on compiling. Anything after this post will be added in the morning. Great work, everyone - and you too, Paakaa.

I'm going to call it a night on compiling. Anything after this post will be added in the morning. Great work, everyone - and you too, Paakaa.
    Thanks man; good work yourself with those Bowl Games! By my count--and I may be off after a long day of staring at the computer--we've accounted for 66 of the 120 teams in the game at this point. Not bad for a day's worth of effort!

Boston College Eagles -- Alumni Stadium

Boston College - Alumni Stadium

Section: H

So this one is really tricky because of the orientation of the seating charts I've found versus the orientation of the best picture I got. But here goes:

I believe that the band section is Section H right up agains the border of J; the reason I believe this is that the upper deck in the picture below has 6 sections, which matches up with the bottom of the seating chart image:

Certainly no question that the band is sitting in the student section, so we should have enough here to give the team what they need.
    Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Virginia Cavaliers -- Scott Stadium

Virginia - Scott Stadium

Section: 104, Rows A-Y

This interactive Virginia Seating Chart, an official link from the Virginia website, says Section 104, Rows A-Y.
    http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/universi...B_OEM_ID=17800

Link was found here: http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewAr...ATCLID=1104209

Info below appears to be outdated, but we are keeping it here for reference.
    Spoiler: show

Per Krioniq of OperationSports.com:

The band sits in the lower half or 2/3rds of Section 105 at the stadium according to the poster. Here is the image he used as proof:

I also found the following picture which gives a pretty clear look at the space left by the band being on the field:

UPDATE: A user at Tradition Football claims to have received word from UVa that their band is in Section 104, but we can find no photographic proof currently. The pics above are from two different points in time (see field art differences) and each show them in 105.
    Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 02:04 AM.

All right, so after those last two I'm really packing it in for the night now. Don't know how free I'll be tomorrow, so I figured that I would pass along the following: there are three other resources that we have right now where people know that the team is looking for band locations in the stadiums. Here are the links:

TraditionFootball: http://forums.traditionsportsonline....cations.45015/
    OperationSports: http://www.operationsports.com/news/...ach-home-team/
    EASPORTS: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4719481.page

I've been monitoring these for stadiums we don't yet have and adding them when one comes up; of course, be sure to credit the person who brought it up, the site that they posted it on, and also be sure to find some images yourself to double-check the information.

University of Colorado - Folsom Field

Section: Lower of half 110

Last edited by cdj; 02-11-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Texas A&M

Stadium - Kyle Field
    Band Section(s) - Sections 141 and 142 - Closest half of each section to the field

Band Name - The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band

According to http://www.aggiesfootballtickets.com...tudent-Section, "The band sits at the 50 yard line in sections 141 and 142, behind the visitors bench, and the student section is located all around the band."

Here's a seating chart, and here's a stadium panorama that confirm that information. The band seating starts at the 50 yard line on the visitors side and continues north(?) through sections 142 and 141, up until just past the 30 yard line. Looks like the band stops about halfway up both sections, filling the half closest to the field. Panorama gives a really good view of that.
    Last edited by cdj; 02-12-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

University of South Carolina - Williams-Brice Stadium

From the pictures I found, it was difficult to pinpoint exactly where the band is seated. I believe it's section 26.

Last edited by HWill; 01-22-2011 at 12:28 AM.