Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's left to be announced?!

• Facebook
  • Display
    I don't think we'll see it on NCAA 11 (or any future year), but I'd love to see NFL Head Coach's system of OVR being dictated by your team's playbook and play style make its way to Madden and NCAA.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I don't want bump n run coverage to be too powerful. I didn't have Madden too long but I felt the CBs held up the WRs too long at times and with big blitzes it threw off the timing too much imo. I'd like to see more risk for it defensively. If it's overpowered it becomes more frustrating than the other way around. Not many defenses in college football can get away with using bump n run a lot. And big time college WRs should still be able to dominate a bad secondary no matter what they do. I still remember Braylon Edwards torching MSU's secondary in a big comeback win about 6 years ago. I've never liked it when people choose double team a WR and it takes them out of the game. That's completely unrealistic.

Maybe the defensive game planning has the ability to cheat inside or outside for DBs to take away slants or outs? Of course JB will just tease away.

They had a chance to talk about ratings in that last blog and they didn't. Not sure if that means QB ratings are in or not but I'd love to see a few signature styles for QB (quick vs slow release, even different release points). Also, you guys had eluded to the fact big and small RBs tend to play more to their strengths this year. Bigger backs don't dance as much or try to get outside. I'd love to see more personality in the RBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    They had a chance to talk about ratings in that last blog and they didn't. Not sure if that means QB ratings are in or not but I'd love to see a few signature styles for QB (quick vs slow release, even different release points). Also, you guys had eluded to the fact big and small RBs tend to play more to their strengths this year. Bigger backs don't dance as much or try to get outside. I'd love to see more personality in the RBs.
    That'd be big, but I don't think we should hold our breaths on a change in ratings (at least that big). From what I remember from previous years, there are just too many players for them to have accurate ratings that are more specific than they currently are.

Of course I'd like players to play more like their real life counterparts, but I just don't see it happening.

EA has had some major misses on players the last few years (players that are white being black, etc), so I think the last thing I'd want, as a fan, is more details that are relatively unimportant to the overall game that they'd struggle to get right. Signature styles are huge in basketball and baseball games. In my opinion they're not nearly as important in football.

Rudy I echo those sentiments, particularly on bump and run. But I've seen all free releases so far, even when the coverage dictates a bump and run. If the wr makes a quick move and the db misses or gets only a hand on him, that's good, but there are no moves being made, just free release. Probably to show off plays by wr, but I'm hoping at least we can get any semblance of bump and run. Last year the bump took too long, I just want the wr to have to take that extra half second to make a move to defeat it.

not sure if this is very reliable, or if it was already posted here before, but there was an ESPN chat that talked about some "new" stuff. http://m.espn.go.com/general/chat/ch...d=32505&page=0

CPU recruiting slider, pro combat uniforms and apparently one or more teams with pro combat uniform will be in the demo, confirmation on no FCS teams, and apparently Oregon will have 10 jerseys and 7 pants.

On Thursday May 20, we'll get answers to all of your Madden NFL 11 and NCAA Football 11 questions from the people making them. We'll look at player ratings, Team Builder, Online Franchise and anything else that's been burning a hole in your video gaming soul. Pull up a seat, send your questions and join Aaron Boulding Thursday evening at 6:30 PM EST!
    Erm ... what? "The people making them" != Aaron Boulding. He's the video game analyst for ESPN.

joe bayshore ny [via mobile]: stop talking to everyone and go fix all the glitches in the game
    Aaron Boulding: We give them an earful several times a year. In fact there's no complaint you all could make that hasn't be echoed a thousand times. EA knows what what we gripe about. They're just restricted to responding to you all the way we might want. The game has to speak for itself. Making games is like wack-a-mole though. A problem solved here means one doesn't get solved over there.
    L.m.a.o.

Wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    and how'd that turn out for her?

Sorry, that's a horrible joke.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I don't think we'll see it on NCAA 11 (or any future year), but I'd love to see NFL Head Coach's system of OVR being dictated by your team's playbook and play style make its way to Madden and NCAA.
    One of the head guys from Head Coach is on the Madden team now. Not sure if anything from that game will translate or not though.

Yeah, Josh was there last year too. But I don't see that making its way over, even though it would be awesome. With 120 Ways to Win, it would actually be the perfect extension of all the work they've put into the books and the play styles this year. I just don't see it happening, as much as I would like it to.

I'm kinda interested in the recruiting slider. We had a pretty good debate on that over at utopia like 2 weeks ago. I'm almost wondering if he wasn't making some stuff up to answer the questions. Not sure he would know about cpu recruiting without a release on it yet. We'll see. Also if accurate, confirmation on no playoff options. Hey, maybe that means that coaching carousel will be in... :p

And LOL that a dude would ask if ALL 120 FBS schools would be in this year. Check the game out much? hahaha
    Last edited by Jayrah; 05-24-2010 at 03:01 AM.

That guy seemed to know his stuff about NCAA. He knew a lot of things that a casual guy wouldn't know and if he says a recruiting slider is in, it's in baby! That would be awesome!

No FCS again was pretty dissapointing though I figured that would be the case. Still, I am holding out hope for a coaching carousel. If not that, then hopefully we will see the little things again like gatorade showers, spring game, heisman ceremony, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    No FCS again was pretty dissapointing though I figured that would be the case. Still, I am holding out hope for a coaching carousel. If not that, then hopefully we will see the little things again like gatorade showers, spring game, heisman ceremony, etc.
    Why are we still holding on to this. It was mentioned earlier in another thread, that if they aren't going to include "coaches" in any other part of the game, why would they put a coaching carousel in? This is a feature for next year. With the way the ncaa team is going about different aspects of the game this year, they are meeting every aspect of any addition they have made. Coaching carousel without coaches anywhere would not hold true to the approach they have taken. Not only that, but there is absolutely NOTHING that would tie to a that feature in any way that has been announced. Even 120 ways to win doesn't tie in. Because it's separate styles for every school. I mean, you could change the offensive playbook to whatever you want, but the focus is for EVERY school to play like they play IRL, not for the option of changing offenses throughout the ncaa. That's how I see it so far anyway. Not trying to squash the dream, but don't hold on for too long to this one, until 12 anyway.

Also, gatorade showers on whom? LOL

Heisman ceremony would fit nicely into the espn presentation. I would hold out for that. That would be awesome post season addition

That guy seemed to know his stuff about NCAA. He knew a lot of things that a casual guy wouldn't know and if he says a recruiting slider is in, it's in baby! That would be awesome!
    He's a game analyst for ESPN, so he would have read anything on any sports game related to espn to this point. I sure hope he has that info, but I'm just saying I could've answered all but 2 of those questions. Recruiting slider would be nice IMO though. I would like to know what the difference would be with the cpu approach (will they recruit better or will it simply be harder for the user to get his player). Hopefully we'll hear about this tomorrow with blog 3
    Last edited by Jayrah; 05-25-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Recruiting slider? any idea's what this would do? Make recruiting harder, easier? anyone care to speculate or did I look over that disscussion.

TeamBuilder 2.0.......can we please get some info on this or at least when it is going to go live?

That guy seemed to know his stuff about NCAA. He knew a lot of things that a casual guy wouldn't know and if he says a recruiting slider is in, it's in baby!
    Not so fast, my friend.

[/Corso]

That guy acted like he knew what he was talking about. It'd take it with a heaping pile of salt though. It wouldn't surprise me to see it in the next blog (since that's about CPU recruiting), but what's written in that chat isn't fact based on the chat alone.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 05-25-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Not so fast, my friend.

[/Corso]

That guy acted like he knew what he was talking about. It'd take it with a heaping pile of salt though. It wouldn't surprise me to see it in the next blog (since that's about CPU recruiting), but what's written in that chat isn't fact based on the chat alone.
    yeah, thats why I only posted it in this thread instead of making a new thread or something like that. there is no telling how much of that is accurate. I would guess that it is, but we don't know yet.