Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Deals Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This is money!!!

Thanks for the post JB

Dell's Black Friday Ad has leaked and there is a really good deal on CNET's best t.v. this year

Vizio M60-C3 60-inch 4K TV, $799.99: If you're looking to make the jump to 4K, Dell will have a model from Vizio set at almost half its usual price. The Vizio M60-C3 is a 60-inch television that sits at the sweet spot of price and picture -- even when it costs its usual price of $1,299. Dell will be selling it for $799.99 starting at 12 a.m. ET on Friday November 27, or 9 p.m. PT on Thursday November 26.
    http://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/

So... if you are wanting 4K might want to keep that deal in mind.

FYI - its also a pretty good gaming t.v. with low lag.

Hmm.

I'm in the market since my main TV just shit the bed 2 days ago. I've been looking at 55 and 60-inch Samsung models.

If I don't find something else before then, that may be what I go with. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Hmm.

I'm in the market since my main TV just shit the bed 2 days ago. I've been looking at 55 and 60-inch Samsung models.

If I don't find something else before then, that may be what I go with. Thanks for posting.
    Yeah my Samsung Plasma bit the dust during our move (Father dropped it trying to put it up by himself in our living room). We bought the Vizio 1080P only version (70") and the quality is really good and gaming (on the PS3) has been great too.

I eventually want to get a projector upstairs in my gaming/man room but I might convince the wife to go with that t.v. for upstairs while we buy new furniture for the dining room, bedrooms, etc...

I upgraded to a 48" Vizio with 120 refresh rate as opposed to the 60 on my 4 year old TV and it's amazing.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah my Samsung Plasma bit the dust during our move (Father dropped it trying to put it up by himself in our living room). We bought the Vizio 1080P only version (70") and the quality is really good and gaming (on the PS3) has been great too.

I eventually want to get a projector upstairs in my gaming/man room but I might convince the wife to go with that t.v. for upstairs while we buy new furniture for the dining room, bedrooms, etc...
    I think I'm going to pop over to Fry's tonight just to see if they have any open box deals. I want to get the biggest and best quality that I can and stay under $1000.

I found a 65" Sharp Aquos for $999 but I'm going to have to really study the specs to see if it is worth it versus a 55" Samsung (UN55J6300 for $899).

Well, that didn't last long. I'm out of the market again.

Got a 60" Sharp Aquos for $897. Good enough.

I upgraded to a 48" Vizio with 120 refresh rate as opposed to the 60 on my 4 year old TV and it's amazing.
    Yeah the refresh rate on the Vizio's are amazing. Some have 240 refresh rates if I'm not mistaken. First noticed those on vacation at the beach a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yeah the refresh rate on the Vizio's are amazing. Some have 240 refresh rates if I'm not mistaken. First noticed those on vacation at the beach a few years ago
    Eh. There are some 240s, I believe, but many (including Vizio and Sharp) use a metric that they invented so they can make it sound like it's higher than it is.

Basically, they are lying (legally) to the consumer.

For example the set I just bought last night calls it "AquaMotion 240". As I understand it, it's just 120hz but the manufacturer calls it "AquaMotion 240" to try to make people think it's better than it is.

Virtually all (hell, maybe all) manufacturers are doing this. They all just have a different name for it.

All of that said, now that I got a handle on the settings I'm very happy with my purchase and I haven't seen any motion blur since I figured out which setting was causing it.

EDIT: This article explains it better and shows the true refresh rates for many brands. Vizio, per this article, does not have a 240hz.
    http://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/fake-...tion?uxtv=0fbb
    Last edited by steelerfan; 10-24-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Eh. There are some 240s, I believe, but many (including Vizio and Sharp) use a metric that they invented so they can make it sound like it's higher than it is.

For example the set I just bought last night calls it "AquaMotion 240". As I understand it, it's just 120hz but the manufacturer calls it "AquaMotion 240" to try to make people think it's better than it is.

Virtually all (hell, maybe all) manufacturers are doing this. They all just have a different name for it.

All of that said, now that I got a handle on the settings I'm very happy with my purchase and I haven't seen any motion blur since I figured out which setting was causing it.

EDIT: This article explains it better and shows the true refresh rates for many brands. Vizio, per this article, does not have a 240hz.
    Yep all of these manufacturer specs are absolutely meaningless b/c they are apples to oranges so it makes it impossible to compare w/o tech that measures color accuracy etc...

that's why i go to CNET and other sites to see which t.v. is best.

back in the plasma era it was Panny or Sammy. Now Vizio appears to be king (at least in terms of quality for the $).

My big question is do I "just" get another 60-70" set for the upstairs or do I go all out with a projector and 100+" screen.

Yep already knew that but the difference is notable regardless which spec it has in terms of the rate being doubled whichever it labeled at.

I've had both Panasonic (plasma) and Samsung (LED). Next purchase will likely be a Samsung as well

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Yep already knew that but the difference is notable regardless which spec it has in terms of the rate being doubled whichever it labeled at.

I've had both Panasonic (plasma) and Samsung (LED). Next purchase will likely be a Samsung as well
    I love Samsung. But with 2 already in the house it was good to get a different brand so that one remote won't change all 3 TVs when I have them in the same room.

I love Samsung. But with 2 already in the house it was good to get a different brand so that one remote won't change all 3 TVs when I have them in the same room.
    Haha yeah I hate how the new DTV remotes are different and they can change the channel not even pointed at the box. Son has a TV in his play room which is next to my spot I'm setting up and he can change the channel without being near TV lol

That is a sweet deal though for that size and that model. Nice grab

Will take a look at the deal CLW posted. In the market for one for my basement setup. Hopefully living room plasma holds up longer (bought in 2006).
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 10-24-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Well, that didn't last long.

I was watching Chelsea yesterday afternoon and my new TV had a thin, dark line all the way across the screen. I returned it to Fry's last night only to find that they didn't have any more of that model in stock.

Two Wal-Marts later I ended up with a 65" Vizio E Series for $898. Hopefully I have better luck with this one.

Fuck Vizio. That is the ONLY brand of TV that I've had outright fail on me. And it couldn't be fixed because they weren't supplying replacement parts to repair depots.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Fuck Vizio. That is the ONLY brand of TV that I've had outright fail on me. And it couldn't be fixed because they weren't supplying replacement parts to repair depots.
    My last three TV's have been Vizios with no problems at all.
    The dude abides.

My last three TV's have been Vizios with no problems at all.
    Over the span of how many years?

The one I had lasted.......less than 3 months, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Over the span of how many years?

The one I had lasted.......less than 3 months, I think.
    I have 2 that are currently 4 and 6 years old. And I just bought a new one on July.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Anyone else here a part of Best Buy's GCU program?
    https://corporate.bestbuy.com/just-3...club-unlocked/
    Nothing like a 20% discount!