Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NCAA Football 11 - Dynasty Blog 2 of 3: Prospects

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've never been fired and never had a losing season. I'd love to have a losing season (went 6-6 with Buffalo once). I wish I could have one several seasons in and not just the first season. I'd like to coach at say - Northwestern or Vandy and struggle in conference. Just having some ups and downs and feeling it when I have a 'Meh' recruiting class.

Hopefully 11 will at least make us have some bad recruiting classes even if it doesn't equal losses.
    Totally agree with you here bro.

I still remember the shock on NCAA 2004 of playing without a loss for 3 seasons or so with my 1992 Alabama team ... breaking Oklahoma's record (must have been 4+ seasons then), and then promptly dropping two games to the CPU.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've never been fired and never had a losing season. I'd love to have a losing season (went 6-6 with Buffalo once). I wish I could have one several seasons in and not just the first season. I'd like to coach at say - Northwestern or Vandy and struggle in conference. Just having some ups and downs and feeling it when I have a 'Meh' recruiting class.

Hopefully 11 will at least make us have some bad recruiting classes even if it doesn't equal losses.
    Yup same here... never fired... never had a losing season. Since 04 I have never lost more than 4 games in one season and usually avg. 1-2 losses only per season. I have found 09 and 10 to be far, far, far too easy. Let's hope 11 is a totally new and realistic experience.

It would definitely be great if we are manning say some lower level major conference school like a Kansas State, Arizona, for example....two so-so seasons, the AD pulls a quick trigger and we gotta start back down at another school from a mid-major.

In NCAA 08 I found that game to be pretty hard so I started a dynasty with Alabama. I had a bad first year. I may have been 5-7 and I barely survived being fired. I started off 1-5 in year two and my approval rating was a 0! I ran the table to finish 7-5 and lost my bowl game. Very close to getting fired although I have never been fired in any game.

I agree with you guys, especially when you took some small school, built them up to a powerhouse with a couple seasons and then never lost.
    I'd also like to see how the CPU beats you to be within the flow and framework of the game, not because roboQB kicks in.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I actually got fired on NCAA 08 for the PS2. Started a cupcake team and made the rule that I had to have a B schedule and ended up getting waxed by the first few teams I played so I just simmed the rest of them and went like 1-11 or something and then the next season I again had to have a B schedule and I went like 3-9 or 4-8 and I got fired.

Then I started over and gave myself enough shitty teams to survive and be 5-7 or 6-6 for the first few seasons and then my team got amazingly good defensively and I started beating teams that I should have been beating (like Florida State) and it ruined it for me. Only took me like 3 or 4 seasons too.

I kinda figured we'd get blog 3 today since blog 1 came out last Tuesday.

they're probably going back to the Thursday release for the Blogs. most this year have been on Thursday at least. I think one came on a Monday, and of course last week the one on Tuesday.

Yeah I was hoping on today, but it will be tomorrow or thursday. Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    they're probably going back to the Thursday release for the Blogs. most this year have been on Thursday at least. I think one came on a Monday, and of course last week the one on Tuesday.
    Before last week's second blog, they were on a every other Tuesday, every other Friday pattern for the last five or so blogs. As in you had one Tuesday, then a week from that Friday, then immediately that following Tuesday.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Before last week's second blog, they were on a every other Tuesday, every other Friday pattern for the last five or so blogs. As in you had one Tuesday, then a week from that Friday, then immediately that following Tuesday.
    yeah, looking back at the blog dates, I see that. it seems to be a Friday, then Tuesday thing. the last blog on a Thursday was the ESPN Integration one. and the Locomotion one was on a Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It would definitely be great if we are manning say some lower level major conference school like a Kansas State, Arizona, for example....two so-so seasons, the AD pulls a quick trigger and we gotta start back down at another school from a mid-major.
    +1 on this post

So hopefully tomorrow. Man I was so excited for today. But I guess now I'm excited for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    So hopefully tomorrow. Man I was so excited for today. But I guess now I'm excited for tomorrow.
    With it being the Friday before a holiday, it's hard telling if we will get one today or not. I'd lean towards next week, but you never know.

I guess we will have to wait until just before E3 to hear the big dynasty news.