Thread: The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 8 - Early NCAA/Madden 12 News, Tourney Recap

• Facebook
  • Display

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 8 - Early NCAA/Madden 12 News, Tourney Recap

In this edition of The Gaming Tailgate Podcast, cdj, gschwendt, and JBHuskers discuss some early hints on changes we can expect in NCAA Football 12 & Madden NFL 12 and also recap the 2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament.

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/external.php?forumids=39

To submit show feedback or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as:

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Would VERY much like to see basically an exact replica of how College Hoops 2k8 did the Coaching Carousel but I think the OC or DC idea would be REALLY cool as well. Basically like choosing an offensive or defensive player in Road To Glory mode and being at the mercy of the other side of the ball sometimes. With them bringing Coach Mode back, I think it would be VERY doable and great way to work in the Madden playcall feature (setting up your playcall sheet and such and then going from that or even having it be like NFL Head Coach was where you had your assistants giving you ideas of what to run - which would be a great way to have it setup for when you became the head coach of the team down the road).

I think the Coaching Carousel would be the best thing they could possibly do to make NCAA Football that much more interesting and really get into the hardcore aspects of the game but still keep it easy and fun enough to attract a new audience. NFL Head Coach was a great game, but it really lacked the polish of Madden or NCAA to keep it interesting. Bringing over aspects of that along with College Hoops 2k8's coach carousel would make for a really awesome new addition.

Also, great to see another podcast guys. Was wondering when you guys were going to do more.

Article: The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 8 - Early NCAA/Madden 12 News, Tourney Recap

Very nice job, gents.

I've thought of a pseudo Road to Glory mode that would allow for a coaching mode that is OC/DC-centric. I haven't gotten around to writing it up, but maybe I'll do so now.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

FWIW, one problem with College Hoops's method of either starting with a new coach or taking over an existing coach was that the existing coach couldn't grow. I can understand where a Coach K would not have any room to grow, that also meant you couldn't start off at any school other than the select few that were presented as an option and actually grow your coach. The coach of other lower / mid-tier schools would have room to grow, but the entirety of the coaching carousel was removed once you chose to take over an existing coach. I would not like to see that replicated.

To put it simply, I'd want to see every player who chooses a team in Dynasty mode to be given a choice: "Create New Coach" or "Use Existing Coach". This is for both offline dynasties and Online Dynasties. Or, better, for Online Dynasties allow the commissioner choose when he sends out invites, and have the player "approve" the choice when accepting the invite. That way there's no chance of an "accident" giving one player a disadvantage.

In both modes, the choice would not only have meaning for Coaching Philosophies and whatever set of Attributes Tiburon were to decide to give our coach (honestly, Offense, Defense, Special Teams, and Recruiting would be the set to start with. Or hell, just Coaching and Recruiting would be enough for Year One), but also for the Coach Experience and Coach Prestige recruiting ratings.

for the hiring part i would LOVE to see an OC's resume and have ratings for whether the guy used to be a QB coach, RB coach, WR coach, or OL coach... obviously depending on what kind of "offense" you want to build this could weigh in on who you search for as a hire... ex: if you are an air raid style coach, then you hire the former QB coach or WR coach... if you are a pro style run heavy you may want to lean towards the RB coach or OL coach, or if youre multiple, just hire the guy that may help bring up a part of your offense that you are lacking... which then as Jeff stated the need for different ratings for our coaches would need to be implemented... and these ratings could be affected based on our stats and performance during our games... so the sum of one season in which i give up a TON of sacks could drop my "OL Play" rating(this could be TOO much depth) but if my OC leaves, i could bring in an OC that has a higher level in OL Play and that would even back out my offense, OR, i can hire a guy that specializes in either run/pass and just try to rebuild my line better by recruiting better... once i bought into this idea of coaching carousel... im sort of obsessed with it being a coach myself... i mean... there is SOOOOOO much potential, but understandably there is a lot to go into just these ideas listed... but this HAS to be something they shoot for soon... oh well... i am 1000% sold

"E"

As always, nice work guys. I agree that 2K8 College Hoops should be the model for when/if NCAA brings some sort of Career Coaching mode.

Finally gave this a listen. Good job, as always, gentlemen.

If they added the ability to start as a coordinator, I'd prefer to take it a step further and be able to start as a position coach. This could translate to the field similarly to OTP in Madden. If you were a LB coach, you only control the LBs (not even the playcalling). If a play sheet or gameflow type of feature is added a position coach could be given some level of input (based on performance) as to what plays are called in different situations.

Of course, IMHO, such a feature should not be added without it containing some degree of difficulty. If it's ridiculously easy, like Campus Legend (where you can overtake an All-American for a starting job within a couple of weeks of arriving on campus), the whole thing is a waste.

May i ask how you got your podcast on itunes?

( Or not )
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 02-20-2011 at 07:41 PM.

vBulletin 4 has built in support for it. We had to do next to nothing to get it there.