• Coaching Carousel

24 53.33%
  • Improved Defensive Playbooks

21 46.67%

Thread: Final Four: Coaching Carousel vs. Improved Defensive Playbooks

• Facebook
  • Display

Final Four: Coaching Carousel vs. Improved Defensive Playbooks

- Before voting, feel free to revisit previous voting discussion threads to get more ideas on how the community would like each feature to be designed in the franchise.
    - After voting, share your thoughts behind your vote and how you would like to see each feature implemented into the game, regardless of vote.
    - Vote early: all future rounds will be open just three days for voting.

Coaching Carousel

In the last fifteen years, all but one program (Penn State) has had to look for a new head coach to try and lead their program to the top of the college football world. Accordingly, some in the NCAA Football community have asked for a coaching carousel similar to that found in 2K Sports’ now-defunct College Hoops franchise. Each coach would have different ratings (OFF, DEF, ST) that would increase (or retard) progress on that side of the ball and also catch the ire of recruits at certain positions. Over time, these coaches would leave for jobs at other schools, get fired, or retire. The pool would constantly be replenished by assistant coaches who would have the same attribute ratings affecting players & teams. (This category does NOT include coaches being visible on the sideline as that would be a separate programming & design issue and is a different item in the tournament.) (Round 1 Discussion - Round 2 Discussion - Sweet 16 Discussion - Elite 8 Discussion)

Improved & Team Specific Defensive Playbooks

NCAA Football 11 focused on "120 Ways to Win" and improved offensive playbooks. Now, the community would like to see the same attention focused on defensive playbooks. Common requests include team specific defensive playbooks and plays, including using team specific terminology (IE: Nebraska's Peso Defense). Much like the offensive playbooks were revamped last year, this feature would take a look at each teams defenses to see what they do that stands out and makes their defenses unique, and then add the formations and plays within that team's playbook. Some of the most requested improvements to the defensive playbooks include: Adding the 3-4 Predator (as found in the Madden NFL franchise), 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 Defense adding 2 high safety look with their base defenses, updated coverages within the 4-2-5 such as split field coverages or Q/Q/H (quarter, quarter, half coverage), addition of proper stunts to the 4-2-5, 4-4 and Bear front defenses, etc. (Round 1 Discussion - Round 2 Discussion - Sweet 16 Discussion - Elite 8 Discussion)

Tournament is over. Carousel has this one on lock. It's too powerful.

I want a coaching carousel but not at the expense of defensive playbooks.

Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I want a coaching carousel but not at the expense of defensive playbooks.
    This. I want a coaching carousel incredibly badly ... but the defense is too important, and too lacking on NCAA 11, to ignore.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

refer to my other post in custom playbooks... same thing rings true here... i vote for FEATURES not for things i expect them to do...

"E"

Coaching Carousel

like I said on the other post I have been playing with the defensive playbooks for years...give me something new.

Coaching carousel could take this game to a whole new level (as in finally eclipse last gen). The potnetial of a feature such as this would go a long way in the replay value of this game and series.

Wow, how is carousel winning? A sham.

Defense needs updating badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    Coaching Carousel

like I said on the other post I have been playing with the defensive playbooks for years...give me something new.
    That's the point. If this won the tourney, the hope would be that you would NO LONGER have to play with a generic playbook on defense. That to me is pretty important.

I'm devastated that Defense appears to be going down short of cutting down the nets.

Defense has simply been AWFUL the entire next-gen and got worse with the invention of Wide Open Game Play and the improved Offensive Playbooks.

Carousel would be NICE no doubt, but IMHO we should fix what is broken first before implementing something new.

No my point is that I have played with those Playbooks for years whats another year going to hurt, I want something "New" that's not in the game and the last time I checked Defensive plays were in the game. (even though its generic)

CLW I agree with your point, but we have been saying please fix what is broken for years, and to be honest I'm tried of saying it. I can't even play in a league with my local friends because they "which used to be all year players" are bored with the game.

Hey I would love to have upgraded Defensive playbooks but I want something new.....(not in the game) That's why I'm voting for carousel cause the game is getting stale to me and a lot of my friends.
    Last edited by Coachdenz; 11-27-2010 at 01:29 PM.

No my point is that I have played with those Playbooks for years whats another year going to hurt, I want something "New" that's not in the game and the last time I checked Defensive plays were in the game. (even though its generic)

CLW I agree with your point, but we have been saying please fix what is broken for years, and to be honest I'm tried of saying it. I can't even play in a league with my local friends because they "which used to be all year players" are bored with the game.

Hey I would love to have upgraded Defensive playbooks but I want something new.....(not in the game) That's why I'm voting for carousel cause the game is getting stale to me and a lot of my friends.
    To me, the game is still going to feel "stale" even if they add Carousel but they don't touch the defense and its NFL blitz all over again.

Perhaps, I'm wrong but IMHO the reason people are getting bored with the game is that there is a complete lack of balance. New game comes out and at first everyone loves it. But then, people figure out the new animations and are routinely/easily putting up ungodly numbers all over the place and it simply isn't fun anymore to play the CPU or another HUM opponent.

routinely/easily putting up ungodly numbers all over the place
    I think EA/Tib wants it that way, hey I agree Defense sucks, I just don't think EA can fix the game where it can be balanced. Problem is Hardcore players would notice a upgraded playbook, causal people will not.

Problem is Hardcore players would notice a upgraded playbook, causal people will not.
    I think it would be fair to say that even casual players would have noticed the difference between NCAA 10 and NCAA 11 with "120 Ways to Win", on the offensive side of the ball. If a similar amount of dedication was given to how the defenses played, we'd be in for a treat.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I think it would be fair to say that even casual players would have noticed the difference between NCAA 10 and NCAA 11 with "120 Ways to Win", on the offensive side of the ball. If a similar amount of dedication was given to how the defenses played, we'd be in for a treat.
    Agreed and the game would be more balanced which would keep more casual people playing the game past the release of madden.