Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Random Pro Sports Banter

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Nah, Carolina, just two weeks later, magically no longer matters, it's all about Houston and Texas teams now.
    And that makes sense because people here in Houston absolutely LOVE the teams from Dallas and San Antonio.

Heck, I bet at least 0.02% of Houston residents can name one player from the Dallas Stars. And with Dallas just a quick 4 to 5 hour drive away, people here really feel involved with them.

I'm just surprised that Canada was completely left out of the NHL playoffs this year. I figured that, at least, Montreal with their large French-speaking population would make the playoffs because of the Paris attacks. But the script-writers are obviously more concerned about a half-dozen or so people getting shot in a church in rural North Carolina. Makes sense.

That, and the 2 people that we're shot at the Air Force Base in San Antonio (the REAL reason Houston got the Final Four and Super Bowl 51).

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    And that makes sense because people here in Houston absolutely LOVE the teams from Dallas and San Antonio.

Heck, I bet at least 0.02% of Houston residents can name one player from the Dallas Stars. And with Dallas just a quick 4 to 5 hour drive away, people here really feel involved with them.

I'm just surprised that Canada was completely left out of the NHL playoffs this year. I figured that, at least, Montreal with their large French-speaking population would make the playoffs because of the Paris attacks. But the script-writers are obviously more concerned about a half-dozen or so people getting shot in a church in rural North Carolina. Makes sense.

That, and the 2 people that we're shot at the Air Force Base in San Antonio (the REAL reason Houston got the Final Four and Super Bowl 51).
    Yeah I thought that Ram logic was foolproof, well minus the proof it is.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I thought that Ram logic was foolproof, well minus the proof it is.

Random Pro Sports Banter

Oh, North Carolina is doing well because of a shooting in SOUTH Carolina. Apparently sharing the word Carolina means they're universally connected. I'm sure the people of Virginia love being put in the same bracket as West Virginia (2 states that couldn't be any more different).
    Last edited by souljahbill; 04-15-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Oh, North Carolina is doing well because of a shooting in SOUTH Carolina. Apparently sharing the word Carolina means they're universally connected. I'm sure the people of Virginia love being put in the same bracket as West Virginia (2 states that couldn't be any more different).
    I wonder if something were to happen in North Dakota if would lead to more success for North Carolina then?

Makes sense.

I wonder if something were to happen in North Dakota if would lead to more success for North Carolina then?

Makes sense.
    Exactly.

How convenient is it that they're both in North America?

Did four Texas pro sports teams make the playoffs? Yes.
    That means extra revenue. I didn't say anything about strange reasons. It keeps happening and you keep making excuses.
    All the san Francisco teams made the playoffs before the SB in SF but you try to conveniently forget that.
    What's your excuse? Both cities were just that lucky?
    You prove you don't think before you speak and can't compete with my researched details.
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 04-16-2016 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Did four Texas pro sports teams make the playoffs? Yes.
    That means extra revenue. I didn't say anything about strange reasons. It keeps happening and you keep making exdcuses.
    All the san Francisco teams made the playoffs before the SB in SF but you try to conveniently forget that.
    What's your excuse? Both cities were just that lucky?
    You prove you don't think before you speak and can't compete with my researched details.
    Quick, someone get me the spit-take gifs!

It's about time someone's crack research told him that the Super Bowl is in Houston next year, not Minnesota.

Baby steps.

It's about time someone's crack research told him that the Super Bowl is in Houston next year, not Minnesota.

Baby steps.

Yeah, were we're supposed to blindly believe him just because he says so with literally zero evidence, when that numbnuts doesn't even know what damn city the next Super Bowl is in.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Yeah, were we're supposed to blindly believe him just because he says so with literally zero evidence, when that numbnuts doesn't even know what damn city the next Super Bowl is in.
    I love how he likes to throw around the word "research" as though he's in a lab with clipboards, calculators, safety goggles and beakers figuring out that the Mavericks made the playoffs.

It's like he insinuates that the knowledge that the Rockets, Mavs and Spurs all made the playoffs could only come through hours of painstakingly detailed work.

In reality, he's just a jobless moron trying to make his life of leisure surfing the internet (at other people's expense) sound like he's curing cancer.

Fucking dickhole.

I love how he likes to throw around the word "research" as though he's in a lab with clipboards, calculators, safety goggles and beakers figuring out that the Mavericks made the playoffs.

It's like he insinuates that the knowledge that the Rockets, Mavs and Spurs all made the playoffs could only come through hours of painstakingly detailed work.

In reality, he's just a jobless moron trying to make his life of leisure surfing the internet (at other people's expense) sound like he's curing cancer.

Fucking dickhole.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post

15 years ago was the one and only XFL championship game

Here was a look at the debut game after looking around on YouTube:

The dude abides.

Let's Go, Pens!

Big OT win in game 2 for the Penguins tonight to take a 2-0 lead in the SCF.

Let's Go, Pens!

I'm curious what that dildo is going to think if San Jose and Golden St. both lose, especially since there was a shooting at UCLA.

I'm curious what that dildo is going to think if San Jose and Golden St. both lose, especially since there was a shooting at UCLA.
    I'm no expert but GS won't lose. Besides, he already said that the league never intended for them to be an all-time great team. Of course he said that when they were down 3-1 in the WCF. He'll change his tune to fit whatever happens.

San Jose and Golden St. both lose
    Whoa, hold up there, let's not get crazy. Cleveland wont be winning a Championship.

American Ninja Warrior (or whatever the fuck it's called) had more than 2.5 times the viewers that the Stanley Cup Final had last night. Good job picking teams for the Final, NHL.

ANW 6.35M viewers
    SCF 2.51M viewers