Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Recruiting Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I really wish my recruits would commit. I'm tired of being in 1st place and not getting any commitments.

[espnu150][5star]TE (#3) Cody Burnett 6'4 215 lbs Clearwater, SC

Cody chose the Noles over Clemson and Texas. He possesses great speed and excellent catching ability, his blocking skills leave a little to be desired but he will have time to redshirt behind the pair of great TEs FSU currently has on the roster.

Quantity is winning the battle over quality this season for the Buckeyes, but with 20 seniors, it is a battle they must face.

Joel Jackson
    #2 SS | #44 OVR
    [espnu150] [4star]
    Bridgetown North, OH
    6'1" 171 lbs
    Hard Hitter
    Despite having three underclassmen at SS, Jackson's talent could not be ignored by the Ohio State recruiters. Because the Buckeyes do have significant depth at that position, it is particularly hoped that Jackson will be able to take a year off and redshirt before being needed on the field.

Tyler Russell
    #8 G | #79 OVR
    [espnu150] [4star]
    Albion, MI
    6'5" 305 lbs
    Balanced
    Another Michigan man runs away from the home state school and crosses the border into Ohio. Russell will probably cement himself at the RG position where only Sophomore Ben Gilbert currently lines up for the Buckeyes. Russell will certainly assert himself as the starter-to-be, and is expected to make regular contributions to the line's rotation.

T.J. Norman
    #20 G
    [4star]
    Westlake, OH
    6'5" 325 lbs
    Balanced
    Another depth signee, Norman was targeted to bring some reliability to the back end of the offensive line rotation. Because he needs to grow on the practice field, it is hoped that Norman will be able to redshirt in his first season in Columbus.

Thomas Galloway
    #19 OLB
    [4star]
    League City, TX
    6'0" 220 lbs
    Run Stopper
    Ohio State taps that black gold Texas pipeline again, landing OLB Thomas Galloway. Galloway is expected to make a contribution as early as next season at OLB, with the Buckeyes expected to return to the 4-3 defense. Galloway could use some time in the gym and on the practice field, but the linebacker depth concerns may not allow it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

First Top 25 of the season:
    #1 USC
    #2 Penn State
    #3 Michigan
    #4 Ohio State
    #6 Clemson
    #16 Wisconsin
    #18 Texas
    #19 Miami
    #24 Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Sound the alarms..... Papa signed a 3 star!
    Sound the alarms again! I'm pretty confident this is the first Top 25 I've done with Texas not in the Top 3, let alone the Top 10 or Top 15.

Haha....I'm scheduled to return 10 starters on offense and 9 on defense....and with 8 seniors....we weren't a hot program in this class....only position I really like is TE

PSU lands it's 5th Commit for the year.

#1 DT Erik Young [5star] [espnu150]

# Height: 6'4"
    # Weight: 280 lbs
    # Hometown: New Kensington, PA
    # Tendency: Balanced
    # Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 USC, #3 Alabama

Offers from USC

Tackle B-
    Hit Power B-
    Pursuit B+
    Power Moves B+
    Finesse Moves B-
    Block Shedding B-
    Zone Coverage C- (added this, just a little bonus in case I run more of my 4-4 zone blitzes)

Erik comes to PSU with full intentions of cracking the two deep right from the start. Erik hopes to avoid redshirting but if it is for the betterment of the team he will. Coach Snoop, doesn't really think this is a possibility though due to the lack of depth and talent already on the Dline.

Erik, choose PSU over USC because he wanted his family to be able to watch his games.

Can't wait for the advance as I think I might land a couple more after a decent showing against Minny. I had 8 guys in this week for this rivalry game against the Gophers.

ive got a bus load coming to the USF game... if G drops me at home im screwed lol

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Haha....I'm scheduled to return 10 starters on offense and 9 on defense....and with 8 seniors....we weren't a hot program in this class....only position I really like is TE
    Honestly dude, the part that surprises me about this is that I would have thought you would have been going 60 minutes on 10 guys practically the entire season. So I would've thought you would have pulled in a few big fish by now ... but that could just be because of when you chose to have players visit.

Longhorns add 3 recruits....

[espnu150] [5star] TE Carl Riley
    6'5" 255
    Killeen, TX
    #6 overall, #1 TE
    B+: Break Tackle, Injury
    B: Catch in Traffic, Stamina
    B-: Speed, Acceleration, Catching, Route Running, Impact Blocking, Pass Block Footwork
    C+: Run Block, Strength, Pass Block Strength
    Other Offers: Alabama

[3star] P Shane Grant
    6'1" 221
    Palm Coast, FL
    #321, #1 P
    Kick Power: A
    Kick Accuracy: D+
    Awareness: C

[3star] K Brett Williams
    5'11" 189
    Saginaw, TX
    #387 overall, #2 K
    Kick Power: C+
    Kick Accuracy: C+
    Awareness: C

#1 FB Scott Collins [3star]

* Height: 5'9"
    * Weight: 195 lbs
    * Hometown: Overlook-Page Ma, OH
    * Tendency: Blocking
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Alabama, #3 Wisconsin

Pass Block C-
    Run Block C
    Pass Block Strength C-
    Pass Block Footwork C-
    Run Block Footwork B
    Run Block Foot Strength B-
    Break Tackle B
    Trucking B+
    Stiff Arm C-
    Carrying B-

Scott choose PSU over Alabama because he really enjoyed watching how PSU uses their FB's. He is a fierce competitor though and had to be really talked into coming to PSU because he is going to be redshirted due to the already strong FB's that PSU has currently.

#9 SS James Bryan [4star]

* Height: 6'5"
    * Weight: 199 lbs
    * Hometown: Reynoldsburg, OH
    * Tendency: Hard Hitter
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan State, #3 Miami

Tackle C
    Hit Power B
    Pursuit C+
    Play Recognition C
    Man Coverage C+
    Zone Coverage B
    Press C

James is a solid prospect that the staff feels can really develop into a really good player. He has some skills right now and instincts for the ball that make him a strong contender for playing time, but the staff would love to redshirt him to allow him to work on his speed and control in coverages.

#9 CB Jonathan Williams [4star]

* Height: 6'1"
    * Weight: 185 lbs
    * Hometown: Beavercreek, OH
    * Tendency: Balanced
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan, #3 Texas

Play Recognition B
    Catching C
    Man Coverage B
    Zone Coverage B+
    Press C

Another Ohio product that Penn State landed that really feels will put them in a good position in the future. Jon has some really good hands and great instincts for the ball that are tough to teach. Should be fun come spring ball to see how this position shapes up.

#7 CB Josh Brown [4star] [espnu150]

* Height: 6'0"
    * Weight: 179 lbs
    * Hometown: Shirley, NY
    * Tendency: Hard Hitter
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Boise State, #3 Notre Dame

Tackle C-
    Hit Power C
    Pursuit C
    Play Recognition B-
    Man Coverage B
    Zone Coverage B
    Press B-

Josh is coming to PSU in hopes of really battling it out for a spot on the two deep next season. Josh's really lacking in some strength areas so if he needs to redshirt, he is willing to do so.

#1 G Michael Graham [5star] [espnu150]

* Height: 6'3"
    * Weight: 274 lbs
    * Hometown: Milton, WV
    * Tendency: Run Block
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Texas, #3 Alabama

Pass Block B-
    Run Block B
    Pass Block Strength C
    Pass Block Footwork C
    Run Block Footwork B-
    Run Block Foot Strength B-
    Impact Blocking B-

Michael is really going to be pushing for the LG starting spot next season. PSU signed a couple of Juco's 2 years ago, and while they have been as expected Penn State took a major jump up with Michael. Welcome to PSU!

#2 ATH #4 OVR Cedric McClellan [5star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 182 lbs
    * Hometown: Norton, OH
    * Tendency: Athlete
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Miami, #3 Oklahoma

Catching C+
    Catch in Traffic C+
    Route Running C
    Man Coverage C+
    Zone Coverage C+
    Break Tackle C+
    Ball Carrier Vision B

Cedric really benefited from playing both ways in High School. As a standout WR and a CB. Cedric will arrive on campus early and look to find a position early to compete for playing time right from the start. PSU landed yet another Ohio recruit.

#1 ATH #3 OVR Joshua Morales [5star] [espnu150]

* Weight: 209 lbs
    * Hometown: Finneytown, OH
    * Tendency: Athlete
    * Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Texas, #3 Alabama

Catching B
    Catch in Traffic C-
    Route Running B-

Yet another Ohio recruit coming to Penn State, Joshua is really looking to make an impact at WR to start his career here in Happy Valley.

Still no recruits for Oregon....

Ouch sorry king, been there before and it really hurts, hope you have a strong finish

I've only signed three myself, none of which are true needs. I do have four soft-commits though so hopefully my numbers increase in the next advance. That and I have two big targets that are soft-committed elsewhere... thankfully I have decent backup targets but haven't started after them since I'm still in the running for the primary targets.

Jasper Robinson (QB) has been a real battle each week Tommy, I'm not sure who is going to come out on top for this young chap but it has been fun along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Jasper Robinson (QB) has been a real battle each week Tommy, I'm not sure who is going to come out on top for this young chap but it has been fun along the way.
    Yeah... I thought had I had him wrapped up when I was gaining ground on you before I ever offered a scholarship but now with your visit you've jumped into the lead. It will probably come down to who gets the X2 call.

I've had my fingers crossed for 2 weeks for that X2, hopefully next week. I really thought I left him get away the week you really made up ground because I only gave him a little bit of time, maybe 30 minutes. I think like you said, the visit was a savings grace for me with him.

When swaying a recruit I just got "Well played coach, well played."

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    First Top 25 of the season:
    #1 USC
    #2 Penn State
    #3 Michigan
    #4 Ohio State
    #6 Clemson
    #16 Wisconsin
    #18 Texas
    #19 Miami
    #24 Virginia Tech
    Week 8 Top 25 update:
    #1 Penn State
    #3 Florida State
    #6 Michigan
    #10 Texas
    #11 USC
    #15 Ohio State

Jeff Douglas
    #6 T | #72 OVR
    [4star] [espnu150]
    6'8" 280 lbs
    Sun City, AZ
    With an already filled offensive line, Douglas was recruited specifically for the future. With his skills somewhat developed the Badger coaches know that with a couple of years under his belt, he'll turn into a stud on the offensive line. Wisconsin was the only school to recognize Jeff's potential for the future.

Jess Hunter
    #8 HB | #96 OVR
    [4star] [espnu150]
    5'11" 200 lbs
    Jupiter, FL
    Hunter is joining a stable of runningbacks at Wisconsin and is being brought in specifically to compliment the running attack of bruising HBs such as Mangum and Brown and as a replacement for Ball and White who will be leaving over the next couple of years. Jess chose Wisconsin over an offer from Clemson.

Marvin Duncan
    #26 FB | #2488 OVR
    [1star]
    5'11" 240 lbs
    Bentonville, AR
    With the success of current FB Albert Butler, Duncan instantly knew he wanted to attend Wisconsin and be the successor of the brute force rushing attack that Butler currently leads for the Badgers. Butler would be considered a towering force while Duncan was described as a human wrecking ball... shorter and more round but impossible to tackle. Marvin chose Wisconsin over Tennessee.

Anthony Ferwerda
    #3 P | #536 OVR
    [3star]
    5'11" 188 lbs
    Largo, FL
    While the Badgers already have young talent in both kicking positions, Ferwerda brings a big leg to the punting position that Wisconsin currently lacks. Anthony chose Wisconsin seeing as the Badgers are committed to their special teams and other teams wanted him to walk on.

Jonathan Burke
    #3 CB | #68 OVR
    [4star] [espnu150]
    6'0" 174 lbs
    Lapeer, MI
    Burke is exactly the type of cornerback that Wisconsin looks for... with already developed coverage skills that will only get better along with speed to keep up outside receivers. He'll most likely redshirt his first year on campus but will have the opportunity to contribute in his second year with Wisconsin. Jonathan chose Wisconsin over offers from Virginia Tech and Missouri.

Antonio Crews
    #3 FS | #85 OVR
    [4star] [espnu150]
    6'4" 200 lbs
    Roosevelt, NY
    Crews is a excellent form tackling safety with good man coverage skills. He'll be a great fit at the strong safety position in the Badgers 3-3-5 attack defense. Only time will tell whether he plays his first year on campus but he'll certainly be a solid contributor over the course of his career with Wisconsin. Antonio also had offers from Wisconsin, Missouri Boise State, and Oklahoma.