Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Recruiting Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    yep im happy i have pipeline to north carolina

I don't so I have to work extra hard and hope to get lucky to beat you out.

Eric, do you have Early Playing Time scouted on MLB Chase Mitchell? If so, tell me what you see, this week and in Week 5.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Eric, do you have Early Playing Time scouted on MLB Chase Mitchell? If so, tell me what you see, this week and in Week 5.
    Not yet. I'll let you know when it comes up though. I was going to mention him to you as I just noticed we were both going after him. I'll maybe try and sway something this week too.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    You have Conference Prestige unlocked yet?

USC picks up it's 3rd commit during in week recruiting -

Talib Moore
    FS #9
    6'2"
    179lbs
    Moss Bluff, LA

Speed - A
    Man Coverage - D
    Zone Coverage - B-
    Press - C
    Tackle - C+
    Hit Power B-

Talib is looking to come in and take full advantage of a redshirt year and iron out his man coverage skills to round his game. Although he will primarily be playing a lot of cover 2 we would still like to man him up with his speed. His tackling and hit power have a lot of Pac 10 wideouts worried.
    Other offers - TCU, Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    You have Conference Prestige unlocked yet?
    Yeah. It's showing Low now on Dynasty Wire. I presume that's what would show on the console right now too.

Cool. I wonder what it will show upon the advance to next week. We'll have to keep an eye on it.

How long until Prime says I told you so?

How long until Prime says I told you so?
    I am still of the opinion that the answer is "never", but we shall see. Wouldn't mind being wrong ... would rather know for sure than not.

if i really cared about saying i told u so i would just run an offline dynasty right now with 2 coaches and figure it out in about 30 minutes lol...but i dont, so i wont.

I just hope that it actually works how it appears to right now - that it doesn't change for the other person.

USC lands an instant commit

Freddie Lewis
    MLB #2
    5'10"
    218lbs
    Nicholasville, KY

Speed C+
    Tackle B+
    Man Coverage C
    Zone Coverage C

Freddie comes in a little on the smaller side and not with the typical speed we like to see. However his tackling technique and coverage skills should get him some decent playing time.

Michigan lands a big fish.

Zach Gray - HB #1
    5'10'' 211 LBS
    Richmond, TX

[5star]

Ratings:

Speed B+, Strength C+, Agility B, Acceleration B+, Break Tackle B-, Trucking B, Stiff Arm B-, Spin Move B+, Juke Move B

Evaluation:

Gray is simply an explosive package at the running back position. Looks a tad smaller than his listed measurables but this guy is very well-built and compact. Built low to the ground and deceptively a very powerful back. Hits the hole fast just as the creases open and reaches top-speed almost instantly. Displays excellent foot-quickness and suddenness through traffic and is very difficult to get a clean shot on. Runs with his eyes, makes the sharp cutback through the small creases and rarely gears down when changing direction. An ideal zone runner with great pick and slide ability. Can beat defenses with great lateral quickness and burst to the outside as well and shows he can accelerate with a great second gear and pull away from closing defenders with an angle. What puts him in an elite class is his strength, power, ability to run between the tackles and earn tough yards after contact for a speed guy. His explosive momentum through the hole coupled with his great balance, strong core and lower body allows him to absorb the hit and bounce off a lot of initial contact. Cuts on a dime and changes direction sharply in the openfield giving him big play ability when he gets in space or breaks through to the second level. Flashes good hands and receiving skills out of the backfield and in the screen game but will need to continue polishing up in that area as well in blitz pickup and as an overall blocker. Like to see a bit larger frame to build up but he's close to being maxed out physically and overall as a back; not a high upside guy. That said, Gray has excellent natural ability as runner and should develop into a highly productive every-down back early in his career.

I just hope that it actually works how it appears to right now - that it doesn't change for the other person.

Conference Prestige is now Average for me.

Told ya.

Damnit - what a joke! So I do the work of swaying and everyone benefits? That's f'in stupid.

That's f'in stupid.
    Not really. There are two ways of thinking about it ... and both make sense, at least to me.

1) If Coach Tressel convinces a Pennsylvania recruit that staying at home isn't as important, then the recruit isn't going to consider it less important just from Coach Tressel. He's going to look at Michigan, West Virginia, or wherever differently now that SweaterVest has convinced him staying home isn't as important.
    2) Think about it ... if the game had to track each pitch differently for each team, you're talking 4200+ pitches to track. That'd be a massive load on any database.

by the way i was asked to list my career record since i came in and it showed 38-6 before i played my game today... so 39-6 now... cant remember who wanted me to post that or if that was the specific i was supposed to post... lol

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    by the way i was asked to list my career record since i came in and it showed 38-6 before i played my game today... so 39-6 now... cant remember who wanted me to post that or if that was the specific i was supposed to post... lol
    It was me, and thanks.

That pretty much confirms for me that when we "retire" as coaches, the coaches we had stay in the game. I'm going to test it in Snoop's dynasty, but I believe this means I can do the following:
    A) Retire as OSU coach
    B) Rejoin Dynasty as A&M Coach
    C) Set A&M to the playbook and coach philosophy settings that Ohio State should have
    D) Retire as A&M, Rejoin as OSU
    D) Switch teams from OSU to A&M, which will switch my coaches. I'll keep my coach prestige and promise status, and Ohio State will get the playbook settings they should have going forward.

so if you spent an excessive amount of time you could create more true to life coaches... nice...

and yeah, i dont like that i assume their career record...

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    and yeah, i dont like that i assume their career record...
    Well, you did take over the defending champion